You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Loss of server

wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
edited January 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Three times tonight I have lost my connection to sky.
Any body else having problems?

Comments

• waynecwaynec Member Posts: 1,023
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Loss of server:
    Three times tonight I have lost my connection to sky. Any body else having problems?
    Posted by wynne1938
    Wynne had some problems like this myself mainly get a message saying network error and sometimes I do get disconnected.
    A friend of mine whom is well up on this tells me it is most likely my wireless network (if you use a dongle which I dont he says this will drop out quite often).
    This is what I am told to look for

~ check you have a good signal from the network anything under 3 bar can cause problems

~ check all conections on the router are good

~ The most likely he tells me is my DSL filter without one anything plug into the phone sockets will drop your broadband also a faulty one will have the same effect.

~ is there anything near the router that can emit EMF... this is the least likely but can mess things up

Hope this helps you m8
  • belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited January 2011
    Mines is hard wired and locked up totally when loading table for super6 today.Had to remove and re-install download to log in.2nd time in 2 days it's gone t*t's up for me.
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Loss of server:
    In Response to Loss of server : Wynne had some problems like this myself mainly get a message saying network error and sometimes I do get disconnected. A friend of mine whom is well up on this tells me it is most likely my wireless network (if you use a dongle which I dont he says this will drop out quite often). This is what I am told to look for ~ check you have a good signal from the network anything under 3 bar can cause problems ~ check all conections on the router are good ~ The most likely he tells me is my DSL filter without one anything plug into the phone sockets will drop your broadband also a faulty one will have the same effect. ~ is there anything near the router that can emit EMF... this is the least likely but can mess things up Hope this helps you m8
    Posted by waynecure
    Thanks Wayne
    That is a brilliant scenario, quite a few points relate to me, I have taken care of them.
    Sky should highlight your advice and make sure every body gets to read it. Even if they have to send out e-mails to everyone. That should cut out 90 percent of the complaints( my hazardous guess)

Wynne
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Loss of server:
    Mines is hard wired and locked up totally when loading table for super6 today.Had to remove and re-install download to log in.2nd time in 2 days it's gone t*t's up for me.
    Posted by belsibub
    It looks as if the sky server cannot take the strain, happens everytime there are two big freerolls overlapping each other.
    Wynne