You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 5TH SEPTEMBER

Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Yes, it's the Saturday Night Open with Rich and Tikay.....need I say more.

No prizes tonight but get your comments, questions and strategy queries in on this thread to be read out on tonight's show.

See you at 9pm on Channel 865.

Andy

Comments

• DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009

hi guys

am in tonites open & will be watching the show
     by the way
     ( Rich & Tikay are the new Morecambe & Wise for Saturday Nites ) 
    anyway i have a queation for Tikay

Q. as you know Tony  -  Charlie (flashflush) has a thread on forum for APAT Team Comp & i was wondering if i don't make the team can i still go along to support & rail my fellow players ( i joined APAT last night) & i think this would be an ideal way of getting into live play ?

Rich i have posted a challenge for you in General Chat which Michelle could supervise waiting for picture to be passed (maybe it'll pass b4 live show)

have a great show guys

DTWBANDIT

• RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited September 2009
    Right- as Delia Smith once said on the Norwich City pitch (albeit a little worse for wear)...

"Let's be 'avin you!"
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited September 2009
    Jeez why no prizes? :)

Sack the producer and the presenter I say ;)
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 5TH SEPTEMBER:
    Right- as Delia Smith once said on the Norwich City pitch (albeit a little worse for wear)... "Let's be 'avin you!"
    Posted by RichOrford
    HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY BLOG YET RICH IM SURE YOU WILL LIKE IT HAVE A LOOK :)

DAZLER
  • Exeter_IanExeter_Ian Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2009
    Hi Guys,

First time poster, long time lurker... Can't believe it, no caption competition and no prize!
    Anyway, I am playing tonight, so fingers crossed for me - and good luck to everyone playing tonight

Rock on!
  • Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
    edited September 2009
    Jeez why no prizes? :) Sack the producer and the presenter I say ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    hmmmmmm...

a little love here Phil.

No prizes tonight because we've given them all away. But we've got loads of new ones coming in soon.

Andy
    edited September 2009
    Hi Guys, First time poster, long time lurker... Can't believe it, no caption competition and no prize! Anyway, I am playing tonight, so fingers crossed for me - and good luck to everyone playing tonight Rock on!
    Posted by Exeter_Ian
    Thanks for joining us Ian. GL tonight.
    edited September 2009
    Nice to see Defoe carry on his scoring ways tonight Andy :)
  • GriggGrigg Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2009
    Thanks very much Tikay for showing picture of Baby Abigail. She's now a Sky Poker superstar.

Thanks again
    edited September 2009
    Nice to see Defoe carry on his scoring ways tonight Andy :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Very nice indeed. He's really on form
    edited September 2009
    Hand for you Andy
    Table 67 Hand History 188990599 - i like it :)

Its just happened
    edited September 2009

simply unbeleivable just went out to a guy who went all in with 94 off suit i called with AK he hit his 4 again unbeleivable

gonna take a break from opens for a while

dtw
  • micky6chinmicky6chin Member Posts: 96
    edited September 2009
    1st ever open tonight, lost a race so no bad beat complaints. However question to TK is I was BB approx 2k chip stack BB is 200, from under the gun was raised all in with only 2.6k chips, I had 88, Raiser was AK, if this was a deepie I would have probably laid them down based on position (I called tonight based on quicker format) although i lost was I right to call or should I have waited for better spot
    edited September 2009
       simply unbeleivable just went out to a guy who went all in with 94 off suit i called with AK he hit his 4 again unbeleivable    gonna take a break from opens for a while    dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Unlucky, good luck for the rest of the night...
  • GetSomeGetSome Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2009
    I just went out after i raising 3 times the blind pre flop on the button with AQ and guy goes all in with AJ and hits the J. no need to push when he had the same stack as me in my opinion better to see the flop. I must say in most races ive been in like that the lower kicker always wins. Oh well i tried and thats poker. Gl everyone who is left.
  • BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited September 2009
    Tikay and Richard are asking why there are so many minimum bets.
    Here's why.

Quite often, people will see the flop and make a decision before the action gets to them. Quite often, that decision will be 'I'm not going to put another penny into this pot' so they hit the check/fold button.
    Many times therefore a minimum bet will sweep the pot on the flop.

This doesn't happen on the hands you are showing, as they always go to showdown so it appears that many more of these minimum bets get called than actually are.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    Hi Rich, tikay

I would just like to say it is a absolute pleasure to rail the presenters and analysts, I learn so much, but am also able to pass on my knowledge if asked, I must admit, while railing tikay and he is busy because he does receive a lot of questions, I will answer if I can.

Great show as normal guys.
  • GetSomeGetSome Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2009
    just went out with my 35 chips when i had AA on the next hand :( 4 callers and they hit st8. thats poker lol
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited September 2009
    if you get a chance to see the pic richard and tk let me know your thoughts and is he wearing his spandex tights under that suit of his.

Regards Dazler
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 5TH SEPTEMBER : Unlucky, good luck for the rest of the night...
    Posted by Sky_Andy

no worries andy forgot to mention he had 3k chips & it was pre-flop thats why it was unbeleivable m8 anyway have since got me cash back but i gotta say can u ask tikay if he would have done it ? i think not

michael