You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

2p/4p Challenge

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
I thought about this ages ago, and I`m not sure it would be allowed, but if it was, and sky could make an exception, maybe even advertise it as maybe a luck vs skill test or something.

It would also take organised dedication from a pool of players (not including myself).

Basically a pool of proven winning cash players get together (not literally). Sky open an account for them to share, and the players take turns to do shifts on this table, so when it starts they will put 4 quid on a 2p/4p cash table and just see what this pool of players can get that amount up to. Obviously this table will have to run 24/7 so it would take some organising, but who knows what it could run up to, £500, £1000, who knows.  Maybe if 1k was ever reached the challenge could stop and proceeds given to charity.

The problems I see are, sky not letting an acc to be shared, and sometimes the site shuts down for scheduled maintenance, but if this went ahead, sky would have to be on our side, and so would let ppl know maybe a few wks in advance of any planned maintenance.

Any way, just an idea.  I wouldnt be able to play myself, but I would rail whenever I could.

LOL, imagine the faces on the punters when they sit down with their £1 and someones got £500+

Comments

• OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited September 2009
    edit : Of course another problem would be that no one could be bothered to be in the player pool.

btw, I know I may have posted 1 or 2 wind up threads before, but this isnt one.  :)
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    In Response to 2p/4p Challenge:
    I thought about this ages ago, and I`m not sure it would be allowed, but if it was, and sky could make an exception, maybe even advertise it as maybe a luck vs skill test or something. It would also take organised dedication from a pool of players (not including myself). Basically a pool of proven winning cash players get together (not literally). Sky open an account for them to share, and the players take turns to do shifts on this table, so when it starts they will put 4 quid on a 2p/4p cash table and just see what this pool of players can get that amount up to. Obviously this table will have to run 24/7 so it would take some organising, but who knows what it could run up to, £500, £1000, who knows.  Maybe if 1k was ever reached the challenge could stop and proceeds given to charity. The problems I see are, sky not letting an acc to be shared, and sometimes the site shuts down for scheduled maintenance, but if this went ahead, sky would have to be on our side, and so would let ppl know maybe a few wks in advance of any planned maintenance. Any way, just an idea.  I wouldnt be able to play myself, but I would rail whenever I could. LOL, imagine the faces on the punters when they sit down with their £1 and someones got £500+
    Posted by OMahonyO
    No one would sit at a 4p table if a player had £500! lol
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: 2p/4p Challenge:
    In Response to 2p/4p Challenge : No one would sit at a 4p table if a player had £500! lol
    Posted by Grimstar30
    you dont think??

That would make me want to sit at that table.
  • MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: 2p/4p Challenge : you dont think?? That would make me want to sit at that table.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    me too
  • PiAnOpLaYaPiAnOpLaYa Member Posts: 554
    edited September 2009
    who going to want to give up there time for free wen they could b making money on higher stakes?
    edited September 2009
    who going to want to give up there time for free wen they could b making money on higher stakes?
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    yeah, thats why I said that could be a problem.  Obv higher stakes players wont be interested but I`m sure theres plenty of grinders at like 5/10p who dont mind adding another table
  • RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
    edited September 2009
    I'll do it.

I play 8 hours per day anyway so another table won't hurt.
  • RattiousRattious Member Posts: 382
    edited September 2009

The basis of your idea is that the 4 quid is the entire bankroll, what would happen if the shared account picked up KK and ran it into AA in the first hour? 

It won't work.

edited September 2009
    The basis of your idea is that the 4 quid is the entire bankroll, what would happen if the shared account picked up KK and ran it into AA in the first hour?  It won't work.
    Posted by Rattious
    WONT work, or may not work.....thats a defeatist attitude....

not sure if u should be in the team if ur willing to stack off the first buy in.  ;)

Seriously though, i see what ur saying.  I think you can join those tables with £10, so maybe do that, after all most that sit on those sit with a quid or 2.  You would be ul to stack off there..

AND......the title does include the word CHALLENGE
  • MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited September 2009
    im up 4 it would b laugh. have 2 find the late nite people tho. 1 hour at 2p4p wouldnt hurt anybody just need 24 people.....
  • MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited September 2009
    and its for charity, the high rollers give more away in rake than that

• RattiousRattious Member Posts: 382
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: 2p/4p Challenge : WONT work, or may not work.....thats a defeatist attitude.... not sure if u should be in the team if ur willing to stack off the first buy in.  ;) Seriously though, i see what ur saying.  I think you can join those tables with £10, so maybe do that, after all most that sit on those sit with a quid or 2.  You would be ul to stack off there.. AND......the title does include the word CHALLENGE
    Posted by OMahonyO
    I am all for doing something for charity, but this just gives lunatics a chance of pulling a stupid stunt! 

May bes your idea would work if you change some of the parameters?  Does it need to be 24 hours and does the entire bankroll need to be on the table? 

If ten players donated 10 quid thats a £100 bank roll;  they could play 3 days each in rotation but only between 6pm and 10 pm on 2/4p table and that way if 5 quid was deposited each evening with reloads available then the bankroll should grow....  But who knows if it will!

SKY could feature this in the evening programs and promote the charity, if they do they would surely do away with a rake :)

And as this would be a charitable venture then players should not profit, perhaps seats could only be available to those who sit down with a fiver (without a reload) on the basis that they can only leave with their original stake.... any profits would also go to the charity.  The incentive being that they will be featured and praised on the TV - because if SKY supported this they could run a league for the players who generate the most for the charity, featuring the ten players who are playing on rotation and all of those who sit down at the table - the reward being kudos not profit.

I hope you view this as a more positive contribution. Good Luck!

edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: 2p/4p Challenge : I am all for doing something for charity, but this just gives lunatics a chance of pulling a stupid stunt!  May bes your idea would work if you change some of the parameters?  Does it need to be 24 hours and does the entire bankroll need to be on the table?  If ten players donated 10 quid thats a £100 bank roll;  they could play 3 days each in rotation but only between 6pm and 10 pm on 2/4p table and that way if 5 quid was deposited each evening with reloads available then the bankroll should grow....  But who knows if it will! SKY could feature this in the evening programs and promote the charity, if they do they would surely do away with a rake :) And as this would be a charitable venture then players should not profit, perhaps seats could only be available to those who sit down with a fiver (without a reload) on the basis that they can only leave with their original stake.... any profits would also go to the charity.  The incentive being that they will be featured and praised on the TV - because if SKY supported this they could run a league for the players who generate the most for the charity, featuring the ten players who are playing on rotation and all of those who sit down at the table - the reward being kudos not profit. I hope you view this as a more positive contribution. Good Luck!
    Posted by Rattious
    Cheers for your input, but I think you are missing the point slightly.  The whole point of doing this is not to build a br as such, but to see how much you can actually get your buy in up to on that table.  I cant see much fun in knowing you have made £500, but you are only sat there with£10.

For this reason it would have to be 24/7 as you would leave the table and after a certain amount of time (not sure how much) you would only be able to sit with £10 again.

A TV feature would be great, they could show some live table shots now and again, but like I said, who wants to see someone sitting there with a tenner. Someone sitting with £500 or whatever while everyone else has got a couple of quid would be more interesting.