You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

old web site and network lost keep poping up

JONONZIEJONONZIE Member Posts: 367
edited January 2011 in Community Help & Advice

whilst playing i keep getting network error with i usualy just drag down out of sight and carry on playing, because  if i click yes or no it will just pop up again shortly after, also the old web address will pop up and for no reason and I will be  playing the web site rather than the download  and I dont realise untill my timeout pops up 
ideas!!

Comments

• waynecwaynec Member Posts: 1,023
    edited January 2011
    I have been having the same problem pretty sure its connected to AV/firewall program made some changes to mine and eased the problem but get this invalid site certificate message now which is a nightmare as I have to reload SKY to get rid of it. Hope that goes some way into pointing you in the right direction there must be some bugs in the software imo that effects compatablity ..... but no authority so maybe a mile out in my answer.
  • YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited January 2011
    I have had the same problems on the download just have to click close every 5 secs very annoying, can anyone confirm whats causing this?
  • Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited January 2011
    Hi guys,

The one and only reason why a  'Network Error' message will pop-up is that your internet connection will have dropped out. This is the only way this message will appear. I can take the network cable out of my laptop right now, and the 'network error' message will appear. The connection may only drop out very briefly and you will still get the message. Of course there may be other additional factors to the dropout like firewalls, anti-virus etc..

If it does drop and and you get the message, and you had opened the website after logging into the download, the table will pop up after a 2 min delay from the website if you were disconnected from the download software due to the network error. You do not get a network error whilst on the website as this runs differently.

Not sure what you mean when you say 'click yes or no' ? on the network error pop-up there is on a 'try again' message. So if you could let me know the exact steps of your journey please.

Obviously it's difficult to pinpoint all issues as machines are set up differently and have different software installed.
    If you are continuously experiencing issues please contact our customer care and provide as much detail as possible in terms of your set-up etc..

Hope that helps guys.
    Regards
    Lee

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited January 2011
    I'm not necessarily talking about anyone who's posted in this thread, but in general I'm sure most of these issues are caused by the increasingly widespread use of wireless. It's awful. I've always used hard-wired setups and can't remember ever getting disconnected from Sky Poker during my two years here.
    PC -> wire -> Switch -> wire -> DSL Router

• Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: old web site and network lost keep poping up:
    I'm not necessarily talking about anyone who's posted in this thread, but in general I'm sure most of these issues are caused by the increasingly widespread use of wireless. It's awful. I've always used hard-wired setups and can't remember ever getting disconnected from Sky Poker during my two years here. PC - /> wire -> Switch -> wire -> DSL Router
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I have to agree with Noseybonk, up to a year ago I was using a wireless connection and although I didn't get many disconnections, it did happen, and usually at the most inconvenient time lol.  Since going onto a cable direct link I haven't had a single disconnection.
  • waynecwaynec Member Posts: 1,023
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: old web site and network lost keep poping up:
    Hi guys, The one and only reason why a  'Network Error' message will pop-up is that your internet connection will have dropped out. This is the only way this message will appear. I can take the network cable out of my laptop right now, and the 'network error' message will appear. The connection may only drop out very briefly and you will still get the message. Of course there may be other additional factors to the dropout like firewalls, anti-virus etc.. If it does drop and and you get the message, and you had opened the website after logging into the download, the table will pop up after a 2 min delay from the website if you were disconnected from the download software due to the network error. You do not get a network error whilst on the website as this runs differently. Not sure what you mean when you say 'click yes or no' ? on the network error pop-up there is on a 'try again' message. So if you could let me know the exact steps of your journey please. Obviously it's difficult to pinpoint all issues as machines are set up differently and have different software installed. If you are continuously experiencing issues please contact our customer care and provide as much detail as possible in terms of your set-up etc.. Hope that helps guys. Regards Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    Thanks for that Lee but what about this invalid site certificate message that I get now and again, I end up with multi pop ups and the only way to resolve the problem is to restart the Sky download program... any thoughts please?
  • Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited January 2011
    Sorry for the delay...are you saying you get the invalid certificate on the download? if not, what browser are you using?

Regards
    Lee