You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Table Balancing

lcfcfan14lcfcfan14 Member Posts: 226
edited January 2011 in Community Help & Advice
I would welcome anybodys thought (especially c/services or tech) on the following situation that happened in the 5k Open semi tonight.

The semi was paying 12 places into the open and £4.40 for 13th.

We were down to 14 just as the break started, the tables were playing 4 4 & 6 handed, I assumed naturally that after the break the tables would balance to 4 5 & 5. This did not happen!

I was 1 of 2 or 3 people who by this time were short stacked. the other 2 were both on the 6 handed table.
My point is that they had an advantage as they had 50% more time before the blinds came round to them each orbit and therefore could just sit there until the blinds killed me!

I contacted c/servicesfirstly on live chat, the man I spoke to didn't seem to have a grasp of the game as he said it "didn't affect the game play" I tried to explain how it must affect the play but he wouldn't have it at all.
The second person I spoke to was on the phone, she spoke to her supervisor and said as far as they were concerned in this situation 1 table would be filled then the remaining players split equally!! I asked if that is the case why did the tables become 4 4 & 5 handed as soon as I was out!

I will never know wether I would have qualified if the tables had balanced properly and cannot say how the other short stacks would have played if they had been balanced, I only know that I would have done exactly what they did given what I see as an advantage.

I wonder if anyone else has a view on this or has experienced it themselves.
I would also welcome a reply from the technical team as to why this may have happened.

Comments

• iBLUFFiBLUFF Member Posts: 1,244
    edited January 2011
    +1 i completely agree this was unfair on you..
  • YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited January 2011
    I think its terrible and ul mate

i thought this was originally about chip leader and 5 of top 6 usually getting sat at same table initially and completely agree with you that it affects the game dynamics i would take it further
  • lcfcfan14lcfcfan14 Member Posts: 226
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for your replies guys.

Glad you agree IBLUFF as you were on my table at the time.

I have emailed customer services with a copy of my original post to see what they say.
    Neither of the 2 that i spoke to seemed to have much of a grasp of the game situation so just have to wait and see.
  • Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited January 2011
    Hi guys,

This should definately not happen and i'm at a bit of a loss to explain as to why it did happen!

I've checked the tournament set-up and nothing was incorrect.

All i can do is apologise for this experience and please ask that if you see this again, you send us as much detail as possible...screenshots, exact time, tournament name etc..
    We can then investigate this fully.

Regards
    Lee
  • iBLUFFiBLUFF Member Posts: 1,244
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Table Balancing:
    Hi guys, This should definately not happen and i'm at a bit of a loss to explain as to why it did happen! I've checked the tournament set-up and nothing was incorrect. All i can do is apologise for this experience and please ask that if you see this again, you send us as much detail as possible...screenshots, exact time, tournament name etc.. We can then investigate this fully. Regards Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    thanks lee, as i was on the same table as him i know this is what happend and tbh i think he was abit harsh done by
  • NEFERTITINEFERTITI Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2011
    I SAT AND PLAYED IN A TOURNAMENT TODAY FOR NEARLY 3 HRS AND WHEN THE PLAYERS GOT DOWN TO 25 THE TABLES REBALANCED AND THEY HAD 4 PLAYERS ON A 2 SEATED ONLY TABLE AND IT WASN'T SHOWING WHAT YOUR CARDS E SO I WAS PLAYING TOTALLY BLIND FOR THE LAST 30 MINS! IN THE END I HAD TO TAKE A CHANCE AND WENT ALL IN HOPING I HAD A DECENT HAND BUT NO GOT BUSTED OUT! 7TH PLACE WHEN I COULD HAVE HAD A GOOD CHANCE OF WINNING IT! SO DISAPPOINTING SKY, WHAT A WASTE OF NEARLY 3 HRS PLAY. GET YOURSELVES SORTED OUT PLEASE!!!!
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Table Balancing:
    I SAT AND PLAYED IN A TOURNAMENT TODAY FOR NEARLY 3 HRS AND WHEN THE PLAYERS GOT DOWN TO 25 THE TABLES REBALANCED AND THEY HAD 4 PLAYERS ON A 2 SEATED ONLY TABLE AND IT WASN'T SHOWING WHAT YOUR CARDS E SO I WAS PLAYING TOTALLY BLIND FOR THE LAST 30 MINS! IN THE END I HAD TO TAKE A CHANCE AND WENT ALL IN HOPING I HAD A DECENT HAND BUT NO GOT BUSTED OUT! 7TH PLACE WHEN I COULD HAVE HAD A GOOD CHANCE OF WINNING IT! SO DISAPPOINTING SKY, WHAT A WASTE OF NEARLY 3 HRS PLAY. GET YOURSELVES SORTED OUT PLEASE!!!!
    Posted by NEFERTITI
    Can I suggest that you contact customer service with all the details so that they can look into it for you.  Not sure they can do anything about what happened this time but hopefully they can prevent it happening again in the future.

Steve