You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Shouldnt be allowed!

freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Played the open last night, down to the last 80 players when I suddenly realised that 2 of the players at the table where husband and wife! How is this allowed! There where plenty of other tables, so why put them on the same one sat right next to each other!

Comments

• Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Shouldnt be allowed!:
    Played the open last night, down to the last 80 players when I suddenly realised that 2 of the players at the table where husband and wife! How is this allowed! There where plenty of other tables, so why put them on the same one sat right next to each other!
    Posted by freechips1
    As I understand it the placing of players is a purely random thing, the fact that they were on the same table is pure coincidence in my opinion.  If they were playing together in an STT I would be concerned but not in an MTT.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009

Hi freechips

The software determins who sits where as the tables decrease in a random way, obviously the software has no way of knowing that two of the players are husband and wife, it is just by luck these two players got sat together.

• freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the replies, I no it was not the fault of the players. The software should surely pick up the fact the players are playing from the same ip address. On a cash table 2 players with the same ip are not allowed at the same table.
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited September 2009
    I played in a live mtt with 100+ players and one of the couples I went with started sitting next to each other.