You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

deepie advice

MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
this is not a moan just advice plz. should i have done anything differently??? like fold the river....
Timo615 Small blind   20.00 20.00 5020.00
pixx10 Big blind   40.00 60.00 4980.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

bartonbr12 Raise   120.00 180.00 4695.00
rossjb14 Fold        
IRISHROVER Fold        
jamesoh23 Fold        
MICKYBLUE Raise   440.00 620.00 4575.00
Lugger Fold        
Norbit Fold        
Timo615 Fold        
pixx10 Fold        
bartonbr12 Call   320.00 940.00 4375.00
Flop

• Q
  • K

bartonbr12 Check        
MICKYBLUE Bet   400.00 1340.00 4175.00
bartonbr12 Call   400.00 1740.00 3975.00
Turn

bartonbr12 Bet   870.00 2610.00 3105.00
MICKYBLUE Call   870.00 3480.00 3305.00
River

bartonbr12 All-in   3105.00 6585.00 0.00
MICKYBLUE Call   3105.00 9690.00 200.00
bartonbr12 Show
  • J
  • A

MICKYBLUE Show
  • K
  • K

bartonbr12 Win Straight to the Ace 9690.00   9690.00

Comments

• MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited September 2009
    i think i should of reraised the turn as i didnt think he had the flush, so on river only thing i was scared of was aj..... i nearly folded
  • PiAnOpLaYaPiAnOpLaYa Member Posts: 554
    edited September 2009
    mayb a bigger bet on the turn would have taken the pot down.
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited September 2009
    Hi Micky

The only thing I would have done differently is to have gone all in after that flop in order to kill the hand and if he still calls then so be it, but he sure wouldn't be getting the odds to do so.

Steve
  • _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited September 2009
    Definite re-raise on the turn, I wouldn't want to see a fourth club on the river... but then if it did come a club you would of been able to lay the hand down...

After the flop your an 80% fav, so I wouldnt be pushing all in... and then even with the turn card your a 75% fav (If you put him on a hand like AJ) and considering its a 10 seated table you would think that someone else had a ten in their hand so making him a huge underdog... lucky for him he hit his miracle card...

After he bet into you on the turn the pot must be around the 3k mark, and you have about 3k left, id rather take it down there and then... if he calls then nothing you can do as you put the decision onto him when you were massively ahead...
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2009
    THIS IS SHOCKING PLAY BY AJ VILLAIN.... ESP IN A DEEPY.... HE CALLS THE FLOP  HOPIN TO HIT HIS GUTSHOT THEN FIRES ANOTHER BULLET ON TURN WITH WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER GUTSHOT AND JACK HIGH FLUSH DRAW!!! HARDLY THE NUTS..... AND A SMOOTH CALL BY U ON TURN WAS OKISH AS U PROB THOUGHT HE HIT HIS MADE FLUSH.... HE GOT LUCKY ON RIVER.... AND THE WAY THE STREETS WERE PLAYED I WOULD OF PUT HIM ON A SMALLER SET..... I MO THIS WAS A GUY WHO WAS GOING ALL THE WAY REGARDLESS... SO NOTE HIM AS A D ONK.... AND PAYBACK AT ALATER DATE....VERY UNLUCKY...
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited September 2009
    ul m8 didn;t do a lot wrong

bigger bet on flop needed but probs found a donk who aint folding....

(+ id fold the river allin but that's just me....flush, st8 board and SO EARLY in torny - plenty of time to comeback)
    edited September 2009
    ty all been on abit of a losing run.. so picking thought in my game but im making silly mistakes like not shoving the turn  .jim spot on m8. i thought he had smaller set... i dont think i call pre flop there with aj... but there u go
  • BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2009
    THINK YOU GOT CAUGHT TRYING TO MILK THE HAND. AFTER HIS 870 BET IM ALL IN HIS BET  LOOKS A LOT LIKE HES FISHING 2 ME THE ONLY HAND HES GOT YOU WITH IS THE FLUSH IF HES GOT IT HES NOT BETTING SO MUCH BECAUSE HE DOESNT WANT YOU TO FOLD.
    edited September 2009
    yeah badboy i no m8 i played it bad on turn, cant justify that, only my losing run of 2 months

• BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2009
    WE ALL HAVE THEM M8 IM EXACTLY THE SAME ON MINE YOU OVER THINK AND BEGIN TO THINK YOURSELF OF HANDS . YOUR A GOOD M8 PLAYER YOU JUST HAVE TO TRUST YOUR INSTINCT
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: deepie advice:
    WE ALL HAVE THEM M8 IM EXACTLY THE SAME ON MINE YOU OVER THINK AND BEGIN TO THINK YOURSELF OF HANDS . YOUR A GOOD M8 PLAYER YOU JUST HAVE TO TRUST YOUR INSTINCT
    Posted by BADBOY985
    cheers badboy m8 hope ur run ends and u win ****loads, cant wait for mine 2 come back its the longest since i started playing, might be wake up call i need tho.....
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited September 2009
    imo micky, your bet on the flop (with such a dangerous board) should have been pot size at least--personally i would want to kill this hand so would have bet at least 1500--but as annie said -he may have called anyway- in which case the third club would have been really scary--but at least you could have got away from it convinced he had the flush--i think your bad run may have dented your confidence and you were too cautious---gl next time--tip from tikay---"stick your chips in the middle--see what happens"--lol----am nearly sure (unless he was a proper nutter) he would have folded a massive bet on the flop--a lot of players would be tempted to play it gently as you did---but you were prepared to call all in whatever the river card (except another club) -- so, when that is the case always push first --gl m8 hope you get a big win soon
  • scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited September 2009
    hi  micky  u  cant  milk    nowt  on here  cause  9  out  of  ten  times  u  get  out  drawn   i  would   pump  after  the  flop
  • ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited September 2009
    In Response to deepie advice:

On that board with your holding im doing one of 2 things depending on if i think he's going to call. I'm either checking, allowing him to bet into the pot (with his holding he's poss going to try and scare you off by making it pot size) and then moving him all in on the flop (Im doing this if i think he's a calling station with weaker holdings I.E A Q on that board).......... Or i'm betting 700 min into it to protect against the flush, If I think he's a better player then i want to give him the wrong price. I think this guy is calling you all day if you only make it 400 which is if you knew what he had would of been exactly what you wanted. (considering the str8 draw and how high he seems to value his j high backdoor club draw i think he is also probably calling the 700 with hindsight, but at least then you dump the hand when he bets out on the turn with 3 clubs on the board). Neither of my opinions on this hand come from the assumtion that the guy is playing A J off with a backdoor flush draw thats not the nuts though lol.

You had a strong hand against a weaker player that you wanted a call from so i can see your thinking. Play it again this way another 1000 times and 9 times out of ten the straight doesn't hit but it's profitability is reduced the times the flush will.

I think sometimes you can say should of raised more here or moved in there but from the look of this you may have got called even if you check raised him all in on the flop, he was fishing and may have been happy to put his tournament on the line by laying it in the lap of the gods - Every dog has his day as they say and this one was his im affraid :)
    edited September 2009
    agreed with most ty all.. i think my biggest mistake was not shoving the turn. im not bothered with other fellas play just my own, he can make mistakes all day long its how most get there bankroll