You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Notes problem back again

Patching99Patching99 Member Posts: 446
When I go to write a note on one that I have already made the cursor jumps back to the start of the note.  Means i now have loads of really confusing notes on people. 

This happened a while back and was sorted but seems to have resurfaced.

I'm using the download on Windows 7.

Comments

• Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited January 2011
    Hi Patching99,

So these are your steps...
    -open a table
    -click on a player to bring up notes
    -add a note and save
    -come out then back in again
    -click on the player again to bring up the notes
    -your curser is at the beginning of the note

I've tried to recreate this and have had no luck, however...
    I did find that if i double clicked the player in the top right, the note would appear and because i'd double clicked i had put the curser at the beginning of the note.
    A single click is all that is needed.

Could this be the reason you are experiencing the problem?

If not, how often do you get this problem?

Regards
    Lee
  • Patching99Patching99 Member Posts: 446
    edited January 2011

Hi Lee,

The steps were:
    -Started to write a note
    -Clicked an action on another table
    -Click at end of the note still open to finish off what i was writing but cursor keeps returning to beginning of the note.  No matter what i do I cannot get back to the end of the note to finish the sentence. Saving and reopening didn't solve the problem.

It had happened previously and was mentioned in another thread but I couldn't find it.  Pretty sure this was pre-download.

I've just opened a table and its not doing it anymore but will post if it happens again.

• zingzing Member Posts: 333
    edited January 2011
    ^
    this is still happening a lot whilst being very irritating 

i'm on the browser and not the d/l too

it's DEFINITELY not us double clicking
  • zingzing Member Posts: 333
    edited January 2011
    this also happens when you type in mini view the amount you wanna bet manually, even more infuriating when you wana add a digit or two on the end and it puts it back to the start and completely f's you up
  • LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited January 2011
    yeah its super tilting, i have found 2 ways to kind of deal with it
    maually use the arrow keys on my keyboard to scroll to the end of the note and it stays there,
     or click and hold with the mouse while typing with one hand whilst you timeout on 11 other tables

option1 works better :P
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Notes problem back again:
    this also happens when you type in mini view the amount you wanna bet manually, even more infuriating when you wana add a digit or two on the end and it puts it back to the start and completely f's you up
    Posted by zing
    yea ive found this to be a huge problem too. Means when i multi im standard button betting which is soo spewy.

On the plus side ive stopped multitabling now as a result.
    edited January 2011
    We're not having any luck recreating this issue.

Is everybody that is experiencing this issue using windows 7?
    does this happen on every table? every time? or intermittent?

Sorry for all the questions but when we can't recreate it makes it difficult to investigate.

Regards
    Lee
  • LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited January 2011
    mine was on the download version every now and then it happens so i dont think it has to do with specific browsers

if you use the arrow keys on your keyboard to go back to where you were typing it seems to stay there and not jump back to the beginning
    edited January 2011

It happens every now and again, when it happens the problem is on all the tables loaded. 

It happens when I am multi tabling, guess LOL and Zing have loads more tables open than me so load up at least six tables when trying to recreate the problem.

Your option works quite well LOL, better than mine which was remember all of the note, delete it all and type like a mofo!

• JohnConnorJohnConnor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited January 2011
    I get this problem all the time. I use the d/l on Windows and 6 table. There doesn't appear to be any ryhme or reason to when it happens other than that it's never at the beginning of a session. Once it starts happening I don't think I dont think it corrects itself but I could well be wrong on this point. It is really annoying though as it makes it virtually impossible to make notes.
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited January 2011
    We're not having any luck recreating this issue. Is everybody that is experiencing this issue using windows 7? does this happen on every table? every time? or intermittent? Sorry for all the questions but when we can't recreate it makes it difficult to investigate. Regards Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    im on download and only when i multi table using windows vista cant comment for any other operating system sorry.
    edited January 2011
    Thanks guys, i shall continue to investigate...

Lee
    edited May 2011
    Thanks guys, i shall continue to investigate... Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    Lee,

This is happening again, I have recorded the problem if you need to see what is happening cause its doing my head in!!!!!!
  • CrazyBen23CrazyBen23 Member Posts: 865
    edited May 2011
    Yep, its been happening to me on and off for months, winds me up to say the least
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited May 2011
    We're not having any luck recreating this issue. Is everybody that is experiencing this issue using windows 7? does this happen on every table? every time? or intermittent? Sorry for all the questions but when we can't recreate it makes it difficult to investigate. Regards Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee

I made a video of this pos problem but I cant remember if I kept it. 

I can make one again easily because this problem happens all the time when I play.

more often than not its on mastercash tables I find, and almost always on the higher limit tables that i'm playing.

sometimes even moving the cursor back to the start still breaks when you try and type because it skips back to the end of the notes. 

its a data input thing rather than just notes, the main problem I have is with betting because you try and type and it adds whatever digit the blinds are infront of what you type so you suddenly bet 24 into 6 at 1/2 it's pretty ridiculous and cost me many 100's of pounds before.