You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Football Betting Advice

DPhillipsDPhillips Member Posts: 67
edited February 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
basically ive joined a website and i have got a free bet but basically i want to give myself the best chance possibile on my 25 pound bet so my free matched bet i can put something more risky on to win alot

so what do u think of

chelsea/man utd double?

does any 1 have any other suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited January 2011
    put on 1 game, the more games the less chance obviously

that way your win your money back + a little & then can use your £25 free bet, does the free one have to be on 1 bet too?

if so again just go for small odds, win little to gurantee it then once won and you can bet normal then you can start doing doubles/trebles spin it up

now that i think of that i may start doing it lol

Just thinking though are there any T& C eg. must be 3/1 odds for free bet etc? check all before as otherwise i think it be to easy for people to start with a bankroll for betting
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Good point mate

Yeah it all has to be on 1 bet and the odds have to be at least evens

Chelsea are evens against Everton

What u reckon?
  • Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited January 2011
    Go for it, gl mate
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited January 2011
    In my experience free bets can usually only be used on single bets so you wouldn't be able to do a double with Chelsea & Utd (although like young gun said check the T&C's first). You don't usually get your stake back with free bets either so it's all about trying to find some value somewhere in the singles market.

Even money on Chelsea to win is a decent price imo. It won't be easy at Goodison but they seem to have turned a corner again lately so that may well be worth a shot. 

Other singles worth looking at are Norwich to win at Palace or Bournemouth to win at Plymouth. Both are 11/8 so you'll get a slightly bigger return on your freebie but they are slightly riskier.

Good luck with whatever you back.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    cheers m8

i was thinking off just putting cardiff to win

u think this has a good chance?

why are they above evens at home??
    thees gotta be a reason
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,016
    edited February 2011

£50 on grimsby town to win the conference title, can't go wrong!

• Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Football Betting Advice:
    cheers m8 i was thinking off just putting cardiff to win u think this has a good chance? why are they above evens at home?? thees gotta be a reason
    Posted by DPhillips
    Reading won't make it easy for them tonight which is why they're above evens at home. I could be wrong but I don't think they've got Bellamy available tonight & personally I quite fancy the draw.