You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Midweek footy betting (1st/2nd)

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited February 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
What began as a promising weekend for me with a winner on Friday night soon turned a bit sour as my winning streak came to an end on Saturday. I really expected Watford & Brighton to share a few goals but they obviously had other ideas :(

Never mind, between Tuesday & Wednesday there's a full programme in the top flight & football league & hopefully I've managed to find a winner for tomorrow night. I've done these tonight cos I won't have the time to research tomorrow night!

Middlesbrough to beat Scunthorpe (H) @ 8/15
Watford/Palace - Over 2.5 Goals @ 8/11
Bournemouth to beat Swindon (H) @ 7/10
Accrington Stanley/Morecambe - Both to Score @ 8/11

These 4 pay a very decent 13/2 so I've had my usual tenner on it.

Middlesbrough & Scunthorpe have met 3 times since Boro's relegation from the top flight a couple of years ago. Boro have won all 3 games & haven't conceded a single goal either. Scunthorpe have a better record on the road than they do at Glanford Prk this season, winning 6 from 13 but their recent form has been poor to say the least. They managed a point at home to Burnley last weekend but prior to that they'd won 1 & lost 8 of their previous 9 home & away (which includes a 2-0 home defeat to Boro). In contrast Middlesbrough have started to pick up & if they could start to put a few wins together then I wouldn't put it past them to make a late push for a play off spot. They come into this game undefeated in 5 with 2 wins & 3 draws & when you take into account that 2 of those draws came against high flying Leeds & Norwich they're not doing too bad at all. They've got the momentum with them & 3 points here gives them more breathing space from the relegation spots.
I backed Watford to share a goalfest with Brighton in the cup on Saturday & they let me down but I still feel comfortable backing them again here against Palace. They're the divisions joint top scorers with 52 from 26 games but they also concede too. When these two sides met at Selhurst back in November Palace just edged it with the odd goal in 5, whilst 4 of the last 5 meetings have had at least 3 goals in them.
Many people, including me expected Bournemouth to fall away from the promotion pack after Eddie Howe's departure to Burnley a few weeks ago but they've won both their games since, including a home win over league leaders Brighton. Swindon are having a real tough time this season. They lost Billy Paynter in the summer & now they've also lost Charlie Austin to Burnley so it's hard to see where the goals are gonna come from. It's on the road where they're most vulnerable with only 2 wins from 12 this season & with 1 win & 3 defeats in their last 6 I can't see them improving that record on the South coast. Bournemouth have already beaten Swindon at the County Ground this season when they won the reverse fixture 2-1 at the beginning of January.
Accrington & Morecambe are two teams who are in decent form but they're also two teams who are conceding nearly as many as they're scoring! Since these two sides first met as football league members back in November 2007 they've played 7 times & there's only been 2 clean sheets in those games. They last met at the start of the year & Accrington continued their hoodoo over Morecambe in a 2-1 win at the Globe Arena (in fact, Morecambe are yet to beat Accrington in a football league meeting. So far Accrington have won 6 & drawn 1).

Good luck if you're having a go peeps

Jay

Comments

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited January 2011
    Here's my acca for Tuesday             

Av gls/game in H team's games  Av gls/game in A team's
                                                                                                                              games
    P'boro v Sheff Wed         OVER 2.5                       4.7                                            3.1
    Exeter v Southampton     OVER 2.5                       3.4                                             3
    Acc Stanley v Morecambe OVER 2.5                       3.6                                            3.1
    Bournemouth v Swindon   OVER 2.5                       3.2                                           3.9

Acca is 15/2 on SkyBet, but you can easily get 8/1 or more elsewhere
  • Options
    pieman1213pieman1213 Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2011
    Man Utd @ 1/3   

Bournemouth @ 8/11   
    Luton @ 2/5   
    Celtic @ 1/2   

?

Win @ 3.83/1 so put £35 on it

good luck all
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've decided to go for two more acca's tonight. Both are bigger odds than I normally go for but I think they're worth risking a few quid.

Both to score acca:

Arsenal/Everton @ evens
    Cardiff/Reading @ 4/5
    Exeter/Southampton @ 4/6
    Peterborough/Sheff Weds @ 4/9
    Northampton/Crewe @ 8/13
    Wycombe/Cheltenham @ 8/11

These 6 pay 23/1 so I've had £2.50 on for a potential return of just over £60

Six way Long Shot:

Chelsea to beat Sunderland (A) @ 8/11
    Man Utd to beat Villa (H) @ 1/3
    Norwich to beat Millwall (H) @ 11/10
    QPR to beat Portsmouth (H) @ 4/7
    Brighton to beat Leyton Orient (A) @ 5/4
    Chesterfield to beat Stockport (A) @ 4/6

These 6 pay 27/1 so I've also had £2.50 on this too for a potential return of just over £70

If you wanna take a bigger risk then add in Arsenal to beat Everton at home to take it up to a 39/1 shot

Good luck peeps

Jay
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (1st/2nd):
    Man Utd @  1/3       Bournemouth @  8/11     Luton @  2/5     Celtic @  1/2     ? Win @ 3.83/1 so put £35 on it good luck all
    Posted by pieman1213
    half time i cant complain, 3 out of 4 r winning...COME ON LUTON, SORT IT OUT!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    One bet has come in, one bet just needs one more goal at Vicarage Road so far & the last one doesn't look like it's gonna happen but hey, I've definitely got £60 coming my way so far :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    15.00    |Cardiff City| |v| |Reading| (1-1)Goal CrazyBoth teams to score4/5   
        |Coventry City| |v| |Nottingham Forest|Teams to ScoreBoth teams to score10/11   
        |Exeter City| |v| |Southampton|Teams to ScoreBoth teams to score4/6   
        |Peterborough United| |v| |Sheffield Wednesday|Teams to ScoreBoth teams to score2/5   

Norwich City v MillwallTeams to ScoreBoth teams to score5/6
    very happy....if bournemouth hold on it could be a great night ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm soooooooooo desperate for a goal at Vicarage Road right now
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I don't think I'll be betting on any Watford games for the near future. That's twice in a row now they've let me down :(

Nevermind, my both to score acca came in so that's £60.45 returned from a £2.50 stake so not at all bad.

There's a few games tomorrow night so I'll take a look & post up my picks tomorrow evening.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nice work bob...i might follow some of ur picks in the future. I'm a very happy man right now. Just got back from watching Northampton **** Crewe 6-2!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Here's my acca for Tuesday                                                                Av gls/game in H team's games  Av gls/game in A team's                                                                                                                           games P'boro v Sheff Wed         OVER 2.5                       4.7                                            3.1 Exeter v Southampton     OVER 2.5                       3.4                                             3 Acc Stanley v Morecambe OVER 2.5                       3.6                                            3.1 Bournemouth v Swindon   OVER 2.5                       3.2                                           3.9 Acca is 15/2 on SkyBet, but you can easily get 8/1 or more elsewhere
    Posted by splashies
    Ah let down by only 2 goals in Accrington match!
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2011
    I don't think I'll be betting on any Watford games for the near future. That's twice in a row now they've let me down :( Nevermind, my both to score acca came in so that's £60.45 returned from a £2.50 stake so not at all bad. There's a few games tomorrow night so I'll take a look & post up my picks tomorrow evening.
    Posted by silentbob
    you think thats bad, i had a 10 team accumulator in which every team won except watford vs mighty crystal palace. :( let down for nearly 1k
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Here's my longshot for tonight.

Blackpool v West Ham          Over 2.5 Goals  @8/13
    Blackburn v Spurs                 Both to score    @8/11
    Bolton v Wolves                   Bolton Win        @5/6
    Fulham v Newcastle              Fulham Win       @evens
    Liverpool v Stoke                 Over 2.5 Goals   @evens
    Birmingham v Man City         Man City Win     @5/6
    Bristol Rovers v MK Dons       Both to score     @8/13
    Notts C v Walsall                  Over 2.5 Goals   @4/6

Acca is 100/1 and I have put on £3.50
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    after a good nit e yesterday ( £400 from a £50) im hopin for another good one...
    so have done bolton, fulham, roma, udinese and lille all to win.
    thye are all at home, the 'dodgy' ones i think are fulham and bolton, and maybe udinese. lille and roma should be dead certs.
    anyway, it pays aboput 8-1 so have put £30 on it

good luck all
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (1st/2nd) : you think thats bad, i had a 10 team accumulator in which every team won except watford vs mighty crystal palace. :(let down for nearly 1k
    Posted by hurst05
    OUCH! Always hurts more when it's one team & it's always one of the ones you least expect as well
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited February 2011
    Here's my longshot for tonight. Blackpool v West Ham           Over 2.5 Goals  @8/13 Blackburn v Spurs                 Both to score    @8/11 Bolton v Wolves                   Bolton Win        @5/6 Fulham v Newcastle               Fulham Win       @evens Liverpool v Stoke                 Over 2.5 Goals   @evens Birmingham v Man City         Man City Win     @5/6 Bristol Rovers v MK Dons       Both to score     @8/13 Notts C v Walsall                   Over 2.5 Goals   @4/6 Acca is 100/1 and I have put on £3.50
    Posted by splashies
    You can get evens Fulham!! Wow That is value!, Am leaving for game in 5 mins!!

Fancy 2-0 to us, Dembele for at least one, so doin him first/last g/scorer!!

Thought we'd be odds on maybe 8/11, 5/6, min so think good value here!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (1st/2nd) : You can get evens Fulham!! Wow That is value!, Am leaving for game in 5 mins!! Fancy 2-0 to us, Dembele for at least one, so doin him first/last g/scorer!! Thought we'd be odds on maybe 8/11, 5/6, min so think good value here!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Just checked and they are now 10/11 on Skybet. Still decent value with an excellent recent home record.

Enjoy the game
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I was still feeling a little riled by Watford's failure last night until I read Hurst's post so all in all I'm happy with my profit last night.

On to tonight & there's not many games to choose from but hopefully I've found another winner.

Bolton to beat Wolves (H) @ 5/6
    Liverpool to beat Stoke (H) @ 6/10
    Blackpool/West Ham - Both to Score @ 8/15
    Blackburn/Spurs - Both to Score @ 8/13

These 4 pay 6/1 so I've had my usual tenner on it.

At a first glance it's easy to think that Bolton are one of the riskier picks for tonight but look a little deeper at Bolton's recent form & it paints a clearer picture. On the face of it one win & four defeats in their last six in the league looks terrible but two of those were against Chelsea (home & away) & the other two were both away to Stoke & a resurgent Liverpool. Wolves also have four defeats in their last six in the league although somewhat bizarrely their two victories have come against Liverpool (away) & Chelsea (home)!. That victory at Anfield represents Wolves' only win away from Molineux all season. Bolton have already beaten them once this season & have a good record against them. They're recent poor run has made them look over their shoulders a bit a the relegation battle & 3 points at home tonight should help them on the road to recovery & put to rest a few of those fears.
    Like most others I'm still trying to get my head around all the goings on at Liverpool from Monday. Torres has gone but Carroll & Suarez have come in although Carroll won't be available for a few weeks yet. Suarez should make his debut tonight & it'll be a tough welcome to the premier league. This is a game that Liverpool simply must win if they're to have any chance of grabbing a European spot for next season & whilst it won't be easy I think they'll do it (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have backed them!). They've got the momentum with them as they're unbeaten in their last three in the league & they should also be fresher than Stoke as they didn't play at the weekend due to their 3rd round defeat against Man Utd. As I've said, Stoke certainly won't make things easy for Liverpool but they've never won at Anfield in 47 league meetings & they've also never scored a premier league goal there neither. If you fancy Suarez to get off to a flyer for his new club then the 4/1 on offer for him to get the first goal tonight has appeal. If you fancy something a little juicier then it might even be worth a small outlay on a scorecast of Suarez first goal & Liverpool to win 2-0 @ 18/1.
    So far Blackpool have played 10 games at Bloomfield Road this season & in each one of them they have scored & conceded. In fact, every one of those games has had at least 3 goals in them so they're certainly giving their fans plenty of value for their money. West Ham are the visitors tonight & this is a game that we really need to win to give us the best possible chance of survival. We've now got so many attacking options with Cole, Obinna, Piquionne, Ba & Keane not to mention a few possible goalscorers from midfield with Spector, Noble & super Scotty Parker chipping in too. Unfortunately our back line has almost as many holes as a teabag so we're more than capable of conceding too!
    I was tempted to back Spurs for the win tonight as they've a decent record against Rovers in recent times winning four of the last five meetings, plus the price of 11/8 looks big. However Rovers are capable of getting a result from this game especially at Ewood Park. Both sides have certainly got goals in them & there's only been two clean sheets in the last ten meetings between them.

Good luck if you're having a go tonight, especially to Hurst :)

Jay
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    not a good start for me...about 40 mins gone, 4 draws and lille losing!! SORT IT OUT LILLE AND THE OTHER TEAMS!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Six minutes for Bolton to get a winner & Blackburn to get a goal. C'MON!!!!!

• Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2011
    what were you doing singing and dancing at half time hitman? lol