You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

10 seater TV show?

razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Would we all agree that it would be fantastic if sky showed highlights of the 10 seater tournaments as i personally think it shows better poker + the analysts would be able to give better advice as unlike the open its not a all-in fest after an hour ..any thoughts guys n girls?/

Comments

• NorbitNorbit Member Posts: 490
    edited September 2009
    I think i heard somewere that they cant show 10seaters on tv, somthing techincal i think....could be wrong tho.

But yea i do agree it would be good to see some plays from the 10 seater tourneys.
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: 10 seater TV show?:
    I think i heard somewere that they cant show 10seaters on tv, somthing techincal i think....could be wrong tho. But yea i do agree it would be good to see some plays from the 10 seater tourneys.
    Posted by Norbit
    ARRRGH OK THAT PROB EXPLAINS IT ,,CHEERS NORBIT GREG B LUKKY
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Yes their software doesnt allow 10 seater atm... But who knows, if the 10 seaters keep increasing in popularity like they are atm, then they may be forced to nip off to PC World and get some more software ;-)
    edited September 2009
    Yes their software doesnt allow 10 seater atm... But who knows, if the 10 seaters keep increasing in popularity like they are atm, then they may be forced to nip off to PC World and get some more software ;-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    LETS HOPE SO
  • Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
    edited September 2009
    then they may be forced to nip off to PC World and get some more software ;-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Classic Flash.
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: 10 seater TV show? : Classic Flash.
    Posted by Sky_Andy

hey andy is this gonna be a possibility in the future m8

Kev nice thread m8

dtw
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    In Response to 10 seater TV show?:
    Would we all agree that it would be fantastic if sky showed highlights of the 10 seater tournaments as i personally think it shows better poker + the analysts would be able to give better advice as unlike the open its not a all-in fest after an hour ..any thoughts guys n girls?/
    Posted by razorkev
    I don't think it will ever be feasible to televise the 10 Seaters Kev.

However, if it's slow-structured poker that turns you on, then the 7.30 pm 6 seater £22 Deepie would make excellent TV, as it plays very slow. We rarely lose a single player in the first hour (think about that!), but every positive has a negative, & the Tourney, despite only getting 20 to 30 runners, takes nearly 5 hours from start to finish. It's proper grinding, great poker, but not exactly exciting to watch.

So it's not easy really to find the right "blend", & let's remember, up to 700 players still play the Fast-Paced Televised 9pm most nights, because that's what they most enjoy.
  • RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited September 2009
    Posted by FlashFlush
    On special offer this week- recreate the The Open's virtual studio in your own living room with PC World's best-selling Sky Poker USB stick. The price has been slashed to just £599,000, so hurry while stocks last.

Message to male customers- please note, Michelle Orpe is not included.
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited September 2009
    i heard from very high authority that the sky technical team are working very hard on the creation of a download version of the site--something i was also assured of a year ago!--please dont anybody trouble them until this is finished and launched---please-----please-----please-----they work so hard back there--its not easy you know---the only reason every other site in the world has one is because its nearly impossible?!

ps-i have a dial up connection that is perfectly adequate for accessing every other page on the web----BUT---it can often take up to 18 minutes to get on a table here---even then i might get stupid errors like my cards being face down on the table---everything except my cards saying "undefined" ---the betting console arriving 2 seconds before my decision time runs out---the break clock staying in the middle of the table after the break has finished and blocking the flop so i cant see it at all---my login expiring and telling me to relaunch in the middle of a final table shoot out--a lost connection notice and then another notice telling me to reload the table when my connection is not lost and is working fine---another undefined notice in chat box that i have to delete every time i want to chat---table freezes that stop me betting my aces until ive been outdrawn ect ect ect--------so please dont bother skys excellent technical team---for flops sake!!!!!!!!!
    edited September 2009
    In Response to 10 seater TV show? : I don't think it will ever be feasible to televise the 10 Seaters Kev. However, if it's slow-structured poker that turns you on, then the 7.30 pm 6 seater £22 Deepie would make excellent TV, as it plays very slow. We rarely lose a single player in the first hour (think about that!), but every positive has a negative, & the Tourney, despite only getting 20 to 30 runners, takes nearly 5 hours from start to finish. It's proper grinding, great poker, but not exactly exciting to watch. So it's not easy really to find the right "blend", & let's remember, up to 700 players still play the Fast-Paced Televised 9pm most nights, because that's what they most enjoy.
    Posted by Tikay10
    OK TY TK,, MANY HAPPY RETURNS AS THE VILLAGE PPLE SAY

YOUNG MAN