You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Better, Longer, Slower - FAST!

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat

In the last few days, a lot of folks have commented in the Cardroom chatboxes that they think the Tuesday & Wednesday night Open/BH Structures are a bit stingey as to Chips - only 1,500, & so they have swerved playing them. In fact, I agreed, & I gave them a miss, too.

The current Tuesday & Wednesday structures are 10 minute Blinds & 1,500 Chips.

So, after I finished playing last night, just after Midnight, I wrote to Sky Bernie & explained that many of you held the view that a few more chips in these two Events would not go amiss, as neither of them are time-constrained by the TV Show.

It's not quite that simple, as there has to be some logical symmetry between the other 9pm Structures, as to how many chips, what Blind Levels, & what Buy-In.

Anyway, I arrived in the office at 9am today, & lo & behold, Sky-Bernie had replied.

He's decided to up the Chips in the Tuesday & Wednesday 9pm Open/BH from 1,500 to 2,000.

When? Immediately - so next Tuesday & Wednesday, they'll both have more chips, & be better value. I'll have no excuse not to play them now, sigh!

It's gotta be said, that's FAST reaction to player feedback.

Nice one Sky-Bern.

I wonder if he has a little lever he can pull to give me better starting hands?

Comments

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Well done Bernie and Tikay... Yes i think 2k is fine... 3k would be too many with the amount of runners you get.

Obviously would be a big thing to do as it would affect everyone, but i made a poll a while ago asking did we want ALL regular trnys (10 min blind ones) to be 2k starting as standard and not the 1500.. i think i got about a 90% YES to changing to 2k... maybe this could be looked into?
  • RollWithItRollWithIt Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2009
    exactly what I though when I played on Tuesday.  the lack of chips resulted in myself playing tighter than usual.  Eventually was dealt KK - low and behold somebody in the same hand had AA.  This in turn guaranteed my early exit from the tournament and an early night.
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Better, Longer, Slower - FAST!:
    exactly what I though when I played on Tuesday.  the lack of chips resulted in myself playing tighter than usual.  Eventually was dealt KK - low and behold somebody in the same hand had AA.  This in turn guaranteed my early exit from the tournament and an early night.
    Posted by RollWithIt
     Im sure you would of gone bust on AA vs KK no matter how many chips you had though ;-)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    Well done Bernie and Tikay... Yes i think 2k is fine... 3k would be too many with the amount of runners you get.  Obviously would be a big thing to do as it would affect everyone, but i made a poll a while ago asking did we want ALL regular trnys (10 min blind ones) to be 2k starting as standard and not the 1500.. i think i got about a 90% YES to changing to 2k... maybe this could be looked into?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    That's one for Sky Bernie, but I'm not gonna draw his attention to it yet, as I think it might be best to see how this current change works out. So if today's change is well-received, we can deffo get on his case then!
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Better, Longer, Slower - FAST! : That's one for Sky Bernie, but I'm not gonna draw his attention to it yet, as I think it might be best to see how this current change works out. So if today's change is well-received, we can deffo get on his case then!
    Posted by Tikay10
     Deffo... like i said it would mean changing about 75% of skys tourneys, so cant be done casually i know
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited September 2009
    mmmmmm --more chips---would be great for me --i cant even risk entering these 1500 chip tourneys as it usually takes me 10 minutes to launch the table--nice one tikay
  • tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2009
    Well Done Tikay.

I actually agrre with Flashflush (for a change) more starting chips would be great and yes Flash I did vote on that one.

Tigs

• DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited September 2009
    Nice one. Might even play them now.

1500 in a BH means you have one move on a premium hand - all in and hope for the best. 2k gives you enough leeway to at least try and play a bit.
    edited September 2009
    Well Done Tikay. I actually agrre with Flashflush (for a change) more starting chips would be great and yes Flash I did vote on that one. Tigs
    Posted by tiggerace7
    Say what?? I always speak the truth :P Why do you never agree with me?
  • tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Better, Longer, Slower - FAST! : Say what?? I always speak the truth :P Why do you never agree with me?
    Posted by FlashFlush
     i was only joking flash

• mag70mag70 Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2009

Thanks for taking the initiative to get the chip increase, Tikay. And thanks Sky for listening to us players and acting this quickly.

Would like to see the daily 9.30pm £1250GTD B/H also get the chip increase. Have had recent success in that tourney, but 500 more chips definitely gives you more room for manoeuvre early on.

• MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited September 2009
    ty tikay 2000 chips sounds good...
    edited September 2009

I'm slightly embarrassed here - there are several "thank you tikay" notes above.

That's not quite fair - I simply absorbed the message many of you passed on to me, & then passed it over to Sky-Bernie. Simples!

But that's how it works - things like this are often an easy fix, but not if Sky Poker don't know. So keep the ideas coming, & I'll always be happy to pass them upstairs.

The amazing thing was the speed of it all. I wrote to him at midnight, & he'd sorted it by 9am the next morning! Gotta get up early in the morning to beat a Yorkshireman, eh? (And he's older than me).

There IS a lot of improvement to come in our site, & it all takes time, but never forget, they DO listen, & it's in their interests to take on board our feedback, where practical.
    edited September 2009
    I'm slightly embarrassed here - there are several "thank you tikay" notes above. That's not quite fair - I simply absorbed the message many of you passed on to me, & then passed it over to Sky-Bernie. Simples! But that's how it works - things like this are often an easy fix, but not if Sky Poker don't know. So keep the ideas coming, & I'll always be happy to pass them upstairs. The amazing thing was the speed of it all. I wrote to him at midnight, & he'd sorted it by 9am the next morning! Gotta get up early in the morning to beat a Yorkshireman, eh? (And he's older than me). There IS a lot of improvement to come in our site, & it all takes time, but never forget, they DO listen, & it's in their interests to take on board our feedback, where practical.
    Posted by Tikay10
     I think iv met him once before. At either the Bootcamp or the live event (i know it was at Bristol) Kind of embarrasing, i think i said something like i didnt't like all the new BH trnys, and turbo games... he replied "They were my idea" .. hmmm wheres a big hole in the ground to jump in??
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Better, Longer, Slower - FAST! :  I think iv met him once before. At either the Bootcamp or the live event (i know it was at Bristol) Kind of embarrasing, i think i said something like i didnt't like all the new BH trnys, and turbo games... he replied "They were my idea" .. hmmm wheres a big hole in the ground to jump in??
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yes, Bernie sets up the Tournament Schedule, amongst other things. Bit of a legend, is Bernie.

Bernie came along to most of the SPUKT's. He's an avuncular, grey-haired, elderly Gentleman, early 70's I'd say.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Better, Longer, Slower - FAST! :  I think iv met him once before. At either the Bootcamp or the live event (i know it was at Bristol) Kind of embarrasing, i think i said something like i didnt't like all the new BH trnys, and turbo games... he replied "They were my idea" .. hmmm wheres a big hole in the ground to jump in??
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hi Flash

er open mouth, insert foot sounds about right here :)
    edited September 2009

Don't forget - on Tuesday & Wednesday, starting tomorrow, the 9pm Jobbies will have 2,000 chips, not 1,500 as before.
  • mag70mag70 Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2009
    Don't forget - on Tuesday & Wednesday, starting tomorrow, the 9pm Jobbies will have 2,000 chips, not 1,500 as before.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Why is the tournament description for tonight £4k 9pm Open still saying:

This is a £4000 Guaranteed tournament. Each player starts with 1500 chips with blind levels increasing every 10 minutes.
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2009
    early 70's I'd say.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks for your suggestion, i will pass it on to the poker team for consideration.

;)
  • Sky_BernSky_Bern Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2009
    Hi all,

I have changed all the Bounty Hunter tournaments as from tomorrow to 2000 chips rather than 1500 as per your request....

Regards,

Bernie