You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Play the Presenter, Take on tikay

acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all

Ok, so, according to the promotions, tikay is due to be the PTP tonight, however, he is also due to be "taken on", my guess is that we will have a different PTP tonight because I know things got rather busy last night and even with tikay,s willingness to work would, I think overstretch him a little.

tikay is around the forum at present, do you know what is happening good sir? or anybody?

Would you care to do the forum thread for the deepy?

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009

Hi Barry, & all.

Yes, tonight I was supposed to be - am in a way - the "Play the Presenter" chappie.

But we are trying some new stuff, & so tonight, like last night, I'll be doing "Take-on-Tikay", rather than PTP as we know it.

It's a bit different to PTP, & is being supported by Mail Shots & stuff like that, & I think last night went OK.

As last night, tonight I'll be doing T-o-T from 6pm until 9pm, so after that's finished, I'll revert to PTP & play some Tourney's - probably the 9pm Primo, & the 9.15 Deepie. Sadly, I won't be able to play the 7pm or 7.30 PM deepies, as I'll be too busy with T-o-T.

Next week, I don't have any booked PTP's, but we'll be repeating the Take-on-Tikay  "trial" on Tuesday & Thursday, though we will be moving the times next week to 7pm-10pm.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Play the Presenter, Take on tikay:
    Hi Barry, & all. Yes, tonight I was supposed to be - am in a way - the "Play the Presenter" chappie. But we are trying some new stuff, & so tonight, like last night, I'll be doing "Take-on-Tikay", rather than PTP as we know it. It's a bit different to PTP, & is being supported by Mail Shots & stuff like that, & I think last night went OK. As last night, tonight I'll be doing T-o-T from 6pm until 9pm, so after that's finished, I'll revert to PTP & play some Tourney's - probably the 9pm Primo, & the 9.15 Deepie. Sadly, I won't be able to play the 7pm or 7.30 PM deepies, as I'll be too busy with T-o-T. Next week, I don't have any booked PTP's, but we'll be repeating the Take-on-Tikay  "trial" on Tuesday & Thursday, though we will be moving the times next week to 7pm-10pm.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

Thank you for your quick response, will still look forward to railing you, hope you enjoy it as much as me.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    Which stakes are these ToT tables?  6max/FR?
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited September 2009
    Hi Tony
    I think there a great idea and if i get the same donations from you as last night my bankroll will look great hehehe.
    The funny thing is, i was going to let someone else on the table but as i was putting that into the chat box, the qq came up sorry m8.
    col
    it was a good laugh, especially when Des was about(hes a nutter).
    edited September 2009
    Which stakes are these ToT tables?  6max/FR?
    Posted by scotty77
    FR (10 seaters) & the current Trial is at 10p - 20p.

Possibly - possibly - if the Trial is successful, other Presenters may also become involved, & they will, overall, cover all buy-in ranges, from the very lowest, to the very highest. We shall see.

PS - I never told you that, right?

• DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Play the Presenter, Take on tikay : FR (10 seaters) & the current Trial is at 10p - 20p. Possibly - possibly - if the Trial is successful, other Presenters may also become involved, & they will, overall, cover all buy-in ranges, from the very lowest, to the very highest. We shall see. PS - I never told you that, right?
    Posted by Tikay10

hi Tikay what is FR? dtw
  • MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited September 2009
    full ring

edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Play the Presenter, Take on tikay :    hi Tikay what is FR? dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Hi Michael,

"FR" = "Full-Ring".

The question was "FR or 6 max", "Full-Ring" being 10 handed Tables, "6 max" being 6 handed.

Cash-Games, historically, are known as "Ring Games", as opposed to Tournaments or Heads Up, for example.

So, "FR" meant 10 Seater Cash Games.
  • Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Play the Presenter, Take on tikay :    hi Tikay what is FR? dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    FR - full ring, as opposed to 6max (six-handed tables).

Apologies for not being Tikay ;)
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Play the Presenter, Take on tikay : Hi Michael, "FR" = "Full-Ring". The question was "FR or 6 max", "Full-Ring" being 10 handed Tables, "6 max" being 6 handed. Cash-Games, historically, are known as "Ring Games", as opposed to Tournaments or Heads Up, for example. So, "FR" meant 10 Seater Cash Games.
    Posted by Tikay10

Cheers Tony
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Play the Presenter, Take on tikay : Hi Michael, "FR" = "Full-Ring". The question was "FR or 6 max", "Full-Ring" being 10 handed Tables, "6 max" being 6 handed. Cash-Games, historically, are known as "Ring Games", as opposed to Tournaments or Heads Up, for example. So, "FR" meant 10 Seater Cash Games.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks tikay

That is something I didnt know as well
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Play the Presenter, Take on tikay : FR (10 seaters) & the current Trial is at 10p - 20p. Possibly - possibly - if the Trial is successful, other Presenters may also become involved, & they will, overall, cover all buy-in ranges, from the very lowest, to the very highest. We shall see. PS - I never told you that, right?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cool, sounds good sir. 

If you get word that DP is gonna be playing 100nl, then plzzzzzz PM me so I can be there.
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Play the Presenter, Take on tikay : FR - full ring, as opposed to 6max (six-handed tables). Apologies for not being Tikay ;)
    Posted by Sky_Dave

cheers dave btw just seen your blog great read m8

dtw aka michael
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Play the Presenter, Take on tikay : Thanks tikay That is something I didnt know as well
    Posted by acebarry10
    You are not alone Barry, many don't. It's poker-speak.

In the wider world of serious poker, they have their own little language.
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Play the Presenter, Take on tikay : You are not alone Barry, many don't. It's poker-speak. In the wider world of serious poker, they have their own little language.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay and the other youngsters are all into it - it's a bit baffling for us oldsters.