You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

come on sky best odds guaranteed

hiandri23hiandri23 Member Posts: 139
edited February 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
i have been use this site a long time now but have been going elsewhere lately cause of the best odds guaranteed so come on sky anything in the pipe line i would guess your losing a lot of bets 4 not offering this service

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2011

Yes!!!! +1

I always have money on here, but when I want a bet, I withdraw the amount I want to bet, and deposit it onto another site...............For the above reason.......

I will be withdrawing a 10r from here again today for a bet at Newbury this aft.

You got anything Hirandi? .............. (or anything thats on ATR)
  • Options
    Spartan3Spartan3 Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2011

Just talking about the same thing!  So add my name to your petition hiandri

Used skybet for the first time with some poker winnings and couldn't believe it wasn't guaranteed odds. I've already lost out on odds compared to my usual site this morning, so what's the incentive to switch here? 

• Options
    edited February 2011
    1.50 Newbury

Salden Licht @ 15/2

12.45 Newbury

Fair Along @ 7/2

1.15 Newbury

Sports Line @ 9/2

12.10 Newbury

Miss Overdrive @ 16/1

you on any dohhh

• Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited February 2011
    Oddschecker for the win, Sky offer the poorest prices 95% of the time.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    come on sky can i get some feedback on the matter with the big meeting on there way i know there are alot of people betting at offer site  and with those bets placed on this site will only mean profit 4 u guys
  • Options
    daltydalty Member Posts: 137
    edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: come on sky best odds guaranteed:
    Yes!!!! +1 I always have money on here, but when I want a bet, I withdraw the amount I want to bet, and deposit it onto another site...............For the above reason....... I will be withdrawing a 10r from here again today for a bet at Newbury this aft. You got anything Hirandi? .............. (or anything thats on ATR)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    to right come on sky best odds the competetion are giving it.time to compete!!!
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: come on sky best odds guaranteed:
    In Response to Re: come on sky best odds guaranteed : to right come on sky best odds the competetion are giving it.time to compete!!!
    Posted by dalty
    totally agree ,sky for punting purposes is poor,with most big bookies going  B.O G,its time sky followed suit,you would certainly get my money if you did
  • Options
    slaverchopslaverchop Member Posts: 177
    edited February 2011

Guaranteed odds should apply i agree with opening post :).I dont use sky bet for the failure of no guaranteed odds.

On another website if you like a footy bet they was giving you your money back if the game ended 0-0 (only if it was live on tv).It would be nice if skybet had any special offers of this type of bet.

• Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited February 2011
    100% agree come on sky stop being so tight
  • Options
    FILIPSEBOFILIPSEBO Member Posts: 270
    edited February 2011
    +1. I rarely use Sky Bet because of incentives like this offered by rival bookmakers. It's a shame because i like Sky as an organisation and if they matched up i would have no hesitation in giving them my custom.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,312
    edited February 2011
    + another

Sky you really are losing out with this.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    so sky theres just a few bets your losing any chance someone getting back to use on this come on get it on 4 a trial over the next few saturdays its a win win situation
  • Options
    radzer02radzer02 Member Posts: 136
    edited November 2023
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,098
    edited September 2022
    radzer02 said:

Sky bet also do this thing where they don't offer best odds for any race with an extra place. They then proceed to offer extra places for nearly every race and the WORST odds imaginable, horses usually finish twice the price SKY offers, yesterdays winner @11/1 came in @22/1

Plus every other bookie gives option of current price or SP, SKY only let you select SP after added to slip. So many times I wanted SP and selected place bet instead of updating, so sneaky.

Had a lucky 15, 3 winners paid 110, would have got 450 with best odds.

Best odds isn't so much the issue, the lousy odds to begin with are and the extra task to select SP

All depends on what you believe is "sneaky". Some people would think that reviving a thread that has not been posted on for 11 1/2 years in order to multi-post is also sneaky.

Sky are a business. Not only that, a business that is now part of a much larger business, Flutter.

Do Sky add an extra place in order to get round "best" prices? Possibly. More likely to blur whether their price is truly competitive. No more than pretty much everyone else. Take the latest from a rival-stake returned if lose by less than a length.

It is a business. And if you can get better prices elsewhere, then go elsewhere.

I don't like the prices at Waitrose. So I don't shop there. I don't go on 1 of their websites and wave a virtual placard...
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,601
    I have to say that I don't like the extra place no best odds either.

I rarely bet to place so the extra place means nothing at all to me.

The lack of best odds definitely does.

Yes I could bet elsewhere but I don't.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171
    edited September 2022
    @radzer02 earns 5 bonus points for being able to search for & find an 11.5 year old thread about Sky Bet odds.

@radzer02 earns another 5 bonus points for being able to find a 4 month old thread about Weekly Rewards payments.

@radzer02 is docked 10 points for not being able to find three threads posted last week about the Rewards Payment being moved back a day this week.

• Options

Can we call it a score-draw @radzer02?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
  • Options
    edited September 2022

ZING.

Nice comeback @radzer02

To be fair, the Rewards Payments threads were all in Poker Chat, where they rightfully belong. They were all "stickied" too, to help folks find them.

The Social Media Accounts of all of the SB&G Accounts were paused to reflect the sad events of yesterday, otherwise I'd have posted on there too.

Post more mate, we just like to have a little fun to brighten the day, & I certainly was not mocking.
  • Options
    edited November 2023