You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Please sort out your software

dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Now look sky, you really do have to sort out ure software,you are the BEST site i play on, great players great community but some of the cards are there for EVERYONE this never happens in live poker. I f timescale is a prob for you then maybe a bigger buy in could solve this prob

Comments

• webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2009
    could you explain the problem i cant make out what it is from reading that.

thanks

webby
  • dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Please sort out your software:
    could you explain the problem i cant make out what it is from reading that. thanks webby
    Posted by webby234
    HI webby, look mate have you never noticed the amount of action that goes on with so many deals? If you have played live poker then you know this does not happen on this frequency. Would love your view on this.
  • webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2009
    i dont really like getting into things like this about software and stuff, i know a lot of people have strong views on this and fairplay everyone is entitled to their opinion but i just cant believe its in anyway dubios. we all go through bad times in poker and think the worlds against us bit realy its not, earlier on i was playing a turbocharger and had 1900 chips to other kids 100 and lost, i was fuming thinking its fixed but 10 minutes later i find myself in same situation with only 100 against is 1900 and i manage to turn it around and win.

swings and roundabouts mate

webby
  • SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited September 2009

If your talking about bad beats, It would be against the law for sky to sort out (FIX) the software to stop this happening. That would be like match fixing, and would take the fun out of poker.
    Besides, bad beats DO happen in live games!

• elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited September 2009
    The problem isn't the software it's loose play that allows the outrageous to happen. Loose play is a factor of the modern on-line game (it was very different 5 years ago) because so many people of limited experience now play the game. In any hand where there are 4 or 5 players calling anything can, and does happen. A lot of players see edited highlights on TV and think that's the way to play the game. If your game is sound you should come out on top overall. I exited 5 mtts tonight and I was in with the best hand in 4 of them........it happens. I did manage a 2nd in a bounty to show a small profit on the night but 4 early exits is to be expected nowadays.........for me anyway!

The best advice I ever had was to be a sniper not a machine gunner.......trouble is there are a lot of machine gunners on all sites nowadays. Blame them not the software. 

And most importantly.......if you start thinking it's fixed it WILL effect your game and then you're done for.