You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

How I played pocket threes in Sundays Open

gizmotrvisgizmotrvis Member Posts: 13
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi

I just wanted to explain how I played my pk 3s as I got a little stick by the presenters - and show there was reason behind my madness if not expected poker play

in the latter part of the tournament I had about 56000 and hit pocket 33. I limped in to see the flop. Flop came 8 high
Someone raised and I moved all in. He called and my 33's stood

The reason I am writing this is I know the analysis was I should just push all in pre flop - however I would then be all in with no further decisions to make. In my experience 80-90% of callers at that point would have had 2 face cards and if the face cards flop...I can still bail and look for a better spot to make my final stand. Also you are giving them 5 cards to hit with all your money invested. have you noticed how its always the turn or the river card that they hit.

My plan was always to bail on the 33's if the flop was not great. Theflop went in my favour and when he raised I knew he was pushing with a high card rather than a pair. So I commited my all in knowing he now only had 2 cards to go

He called, I was right and took my stack to 113,000. I agree it was not an authodox call but it fitted the player I was up against and prevailed. Nt saying it works all the time but the majority of time I have used it the opponent either calls as they think you are bluffing (so you are in a race but with only2 cards to come)or the good card players fold and you take the pot down

Anyway there you go...I am not  a professional in anyway shape or form and the greatest thing I have achieved in poker is qualifying for this years Irish Open which was outstanding. I play for the fun and the challenge

ps I finished in 13th (not the Irish Open....lol the sky open)

James Allin Allen

Alias - Gizmotrvis