You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

i am cooling off!!!!!!

webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
guys i cannot take it any longer i am having a couple of days off, my kq gets beat to k5 my ace jack gets beat to ace 9 and then my 1010 gets beat to 88.

not sure if i have done this right but here goes

Hand History #190938880 (16:57 14/09/2009)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
NIHIGHGUN Small blind  25.00 25.00 1320.00
webby234 Big blind  50.00 75.00 1685.00
  Your hole cards

JAMMIC185 Fold     
DAZZLE279 Raise  150.00 225.00 4010.00
NIHIGHGUN Fold     
webby234 Call  100.00 325.00 1585.00
Flop

webby234 Check     
DAZZLE279 Bet  200.00 525.00 3810.00
webby234 All-in  1585.00 2110.00 0.00
DAZZLE279 Call  1385.00 3495.00 2425.00
Turn

River

webby234 Show

DAZZLE279 Show
  • Q

DAZZLE279 Win Two Pairs, 7s and 4s 3495.00  5920.00

how does this guy even play poker this badly, i know we all love playing players like this and we will win more times than we lose bit not in the last days i'm not, i wouldnt dream of playing as badly as some of these do because i dont wanna embarrass myself! have some people just got too much money?

webby

Comments

• lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited September 2009
    hi webby it may be cos they have to much money, but i think there is no betting strategy in online poker m8 all the best on the tables m8 lucky
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009

Hi webby.

Yes, a sick way to lose, but 2-2 is always vulnerable, & you were only about 50-50 to win from the outset - you just lost the hard way!

If you plan to take a few days break - & that's probably a good idea - try & re-assess how you look at poker.

The whole idea of the game is that it's just that - a game - & if it gets to you, & upsets you when you take a beat, you are not going to enjoy the game as much as you should.

Any hand can lose to any hand - & frequently does - but equally, any hand can beat any hand. It's that glorious uncertainty that gives us the buzz.

You have, say, Aces, & get an all-in Caller - YES! - but you still watch every card fall with baited breath, especially when the guy who's showed flops a pair & a flush draw......

It cuts both ways, too - we've all got in in behind & sucked out.

Good luck fella. This game will test your character.
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Yes take a break... best thing you can do when having a bad spell, but ask yourself are you getting your money in infront? You say on here you are.. look through your exit hands/damaging hands, did you play it right? If the answer is yes then you know your doing nothing wrong and come back to it with a more positive thinking... if the answer is no, then go and look at some tips/strategys, find out what your doing wrong etc.. and try again.

Good luck
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    TBH M8 IVE TAKEN 4 WEEKS OFF IM BACK ON WEDS/THURS THINK SOMETIMES YOU JUST RUN COLD, COME BACK STRONGER G/L
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Just a horrible thing in poker call 'Variance' ewwww ... When sky 1st started running the £500 d/s (22 buyin) trnys i got off to a great start, i think i won it 4 or 5 times in the 1st 20 days, I also won the open amongst other trnys, i was running so hot and had doubled my 2 yr profit in a month... Now a month down the line i have had 1 final table in the same tournament in about 2 weeks... My graph is on a sharp downslope atm, but as far as i know i am doing exactly what I was doing before... I used to hit set after set, but now i honestly cant remember the last time iv flopped a set... I'm pondering whether to take a break for 2 or 3 days but i think ill just play through it.
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009

I dont believe this thread  ...ffs 

are you for real ??? 

do you think thats clever publishing other people's Stats  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Eagle26Eagle26 Member Posts: 431
    edited September 2009
    sharkscope is for mtt's and sit n gos only...players like gerrard are big time cash players so those statistics are pointless...plus i agree with benny you shouldnt really be posting other peoples stats! not cool mate!
    edited September 2009

Webby,

I'm sure you are a fine player - but Sharkscope will not confirm this one way or the other.

Sharkscope does not include Cash Games, nor does it include, for example, results of Sky Poker's biggest scheduled buy-in Torney, the Sunday Night Deepstack Showdown.

I can produce 4 totally different results for myself simply by altering the search parameters. They are all right - & all wrong.
    edited September 2009

WEBBY - please remove the Sharkscope Stats of those players immediately. Leave mine up if you wish, I really don't mind, but you MUST remove/Edit out the other players data.

MODS - Please remove the Sharkscope Stats of the Players immediately if WEBBY does not do so. Leave mine there if you wish, but it's wholly, 100% improper to publish Players Data, & Sharkscope do not allow this either.
  • KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited September 2009
    Had my Aces cracked eight times in one day last week, not just here I must add. It happens, that's all that I can say. Just shrug it off.

And, by the way, posting other people's stats is not good practice.
    edited September 2009
    WEBBY M8,, THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!! I THINK ITS A MISTAKE ON UR PART AS YOU PROB DIDNT REALISE BUT YOU MUST DELETE THIS,, TY M8
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: i am cooling off!!!!!!:
    WEBBY - please remove the Sharkscope Stats of those players immediately. Leave mine up if you wish, I really don't mind, but you MUST remove/Edit out the other players data. MODS - Please remove the Sharkscope Stats of the Players immediately if WEBBY does not do so. Leave mine there if you wish, but it's wholly, 100% improper to publish Players Data, & Sharkscope do not allow this either.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Most probably, if not definitely a breach of Sharkscope's term of use, copying/publishing results on other sites.

Maybe Sky should now put in place a clear Community rule making it unambiguous to all concerned that Sharkscope stat's should not be published on this forum.

Generally as we all should know, statistics are open to interpretation and can be manipulated to show any number of results.

My own results are poor on Sharkscope, yet I know I have made £100+ profit on cash games overall.

Webby enjoy the break, read some forums (tk's other forum is good) and chill out and come back firing on all cylinders.

• webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2009
    sorry guys only just got back on the computer, didnt realise it needed deleting a.s.a.p

i did say in the post i hoped nobody would mind, obviously my mistake and i apologise for putting the stats up.

benny why would i think it is clever? its not like i did it on a purpose to annoy people!!

and also sharkscope is there for people to look at stats so if people dont like people looking at stats then maybe they shouldnt be on sharkscope?

i was only trying to get tikay's opinion on the matter with a couple of examples and didnt realise it would cause WW3!

sorry who ever i upset by doing this

webby
    edited September 2009
    sorry guys only just got back on the computer, didnt realise it needed deleting a.s.a.p i did say in the post i hoped nobody would mind, obviously my mistake and i apologise for putting the stats up. benny why would i think it is clever? its not like i did it on a purpose to annoy people!! and also sharkscope is there for people to look at stats so if people dont like people looking at stats then maybe they shouldnt be on sharkscope? i was only trying to get tikay's opinion on the matter with a couple of examples and didnt realise it would cause WW3! sorry who ever i upset by doing this webby
    Posted by webby234
    We know you intended no harm WEBBY, but Sharkscope Stats of other Players must NEVER be put up. How do you think that guy who was shown to be (probably wrongly) losing all that money will feel, now?

And Sharkscope Terms & Conditions do not allow this.

It was not done intentionally, we know that, let's just move on. The Mods have Edited it out now.

Put your own Stats up by all means, & it seems I'm fair game, which is fair enough,  - I don't mind that - but not other Players Stats, please.

Next case!
  • webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2009
    ok mistake has been lodged in my tiny brain, wont happen again

webby
    edited September 2009
    ok mistake has been lodged in my tiny brain, wont happen again webby
    Posted by webby234
    GOOD ON YA M8,,
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009

webby....np's     as   Aretha Franklin sang in the 'Blues Brothers' Film  !!

Think !!!  

How to handle downswings   ??  
      I know this sounds daft  but,  several times over the years Ive a bad run on the cards ,
      so   I take a trip  to Spain Just for a week ( cost 300ish + )  
      If your head is messed by BadBeat's you can lose that much in a night .. so  Take a Holiday   

Feels  great when your back !!

• Penny_LessPenny_Less Member Posts: 234
    edited September 2009
    surely posting sharkscope stats is ok if the villain is a really really BIG DONKEY though??

:)