You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Banning Sharkscope Statistics Publication

Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
I think it is time that a clear rule is created on this Community relating to the publication of Sharkscope Stats.

Personally I think it is illegal to publish Sharkscope information on this site (Sky). This would at least be a final rule so people know where they stand.

A more dilluted option would be to only be allowed to publish your own statistics.

I really think Sky should now say the use of Sharkscope statistics is to be forbidden on this forum

What do you all think?

Dave

Comments

• DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited September 2009
    Good shout Dave.
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited September 2009
  • webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2009
    +3

although hope this is not an over reaction to my post today grimstar?

webby
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    TBH GUYS I TAKE ZERO NOTICE ON THAT WEBSITE,, ITS NEVER UPDATED I WON OPEN AND VELOCITY IN ONE WEEK TOOK 4 MONTHS FOR IT TO SHOW,,THINK ITS A NEEDLESS SITE
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited September 2009
    I've done it for myself on one occasion, which I think is fine - I wouldn't be publishing others' though.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    If Sky are really against it then surely it should be fairly easy to block the mining applications that Sharkscope uses.

But I disagree that it is very unreliable.  Myself and a group of other Sky players whom are friends of mine have all found it to be very accurate, with only some minor inconsistancies.

Also you can block your Sharkscope statistics if you wish, I think you just have to email them.  This might be a good way to go if some of you are uncomfortable with having that kind of information in the public domain.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Banning Sharkscope Statistics Publication:
    I've done it for myself on one occasion, which I think is fine - I wouldn't be publishing others' though.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    It is - but never, NEVER, other people's.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    If Sky are really against it then surely it should be fairly easy to block the mining applications that Sharkscope uses. But I disagree that it is very unreliable.  Myself and a group of other Sky players whom are friends of mine have all found it to be very accurate, with only some minor inconsistancies. Also you can block your Sharkscope statistics if you wish, I think you just have to email them.  This might be a good way to go if some of you are uncomfortable with having that kind of information in the public domain.
    Posted by scotty77
    Sky Poker are NOT against it Scotty - who said they were?

What they would not like, one imagines - & it's really not hard to see why - is people publishing OTHER players Shark-Stats.

It;'s just simple common-sense, & manners.

Sharkscope is a usefiul tool, for, & many of us use it, but it's not there to to belittle or embarrass others, & Sharkscope's T & C's are quite clear on this. 
  • Penny_LessPenny_Less Member Posts: 234
    edited September 2009
    If Sky are really against it then surely it should be fairly easy to block the mining applications that Sharkscope uses. But I disagree that it is very unreliable.  Myself and a group of other Sky players whom are friends of mine have all found it to be very accurate, with only some minor inconsistancies. Also you can block your Sharkscope statistics if you wish, I think you just have to email them.  This might be a good way to go if some of you are uncomfortable with having that kind of information in the public domain.
    Posted by scotty77
    liar lol
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Banning Sharkscope Statistics Publication : Sky Poker are NOT against it Scotty - who said they were? What they would not like, one imagines - & it's really not hard to see why - is people publishing OTHER players Shark-Stats. It;'s just simple common-sense, & manners. Sharkscope is a usefiul tool, for, & many of us use it, but it's not there to to belittle or embarrass others, & Sharkscope's T & C's are quite clear on this. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ah ok....I don't know why I said that Sky should block it, stupid when I look back!

Didn't know that sharkscope bans the publication of other players info, thats interesting, however it is something that is totally unenforcable as for sharkscope to take action on people who go round posting screenshots, they will need IP data, which obviously they won't have access to.....
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    Sounds like we got the Community rule now.

No posting of other people's Sharkscopes stats.

Webby - I think your post earlier simply highlighted that this was a grey area for a lot of people on here and certainly no one is implying you had bad intent when you posted the stats. Well done on your freeroll win :)

Dave
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009

i used sharkscope for a month as i found it useful for my learning also i wanted to see who was hot & who was not so i could watch when they played purely to further my education as to if its accurate i have no idea (am clueless) what i did get was me graphs (for my game progress breakdowns) also i would have a look at stats of the 7 players i picked that week on the whole its ok for newbies to learn stats (personal) & progress in poker in the early days but now i have me own stat system & will only be using sharkscope to find some more teachers

dtw