You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

That was fun.......I think

elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Have just played the deepstack and a BH.

The BH was down to the final table when we went on a break. I continued playing the deepstack but as the BH finished the break the table on the deepstack started to spin (No it's not the whisky....I hope) and I could see no board cards on the final table of the BH. In the deepstack my board cards were scrolling through the whole pack at a rate of knots while all the seats spun around the table. In the BH i could see my hole cards but no board cards so raising anything less than all-in was pointless. Anyhow I ended up fourth in the BH after going all-in with KQ and after then reloading Java and Sky I went out of the deepstack too.

I entered another BH to relieve my frustration and first hand got AA. I raised 4 bb with 2 callers. Board comes up QJx and I go all-in praying for a call...............I got the call and they hit their straight.

Question:  Should I stop now before the open BH and ..........

a) Go to bed early
b) Finish the bottle of whisky and go to bed early, .....or
c) Put on my custom made bacofoil hat and carry on.

Comments

• KdanemKdanem Member Posts: 118
    edited September 2009
    EASY ANSWER

C........ DEFINATLY
  • elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited September 2009
    Well I tried me tin foil hat and some Bas****s poked a hole in it.

Played the £1000 velocity and was doing good until the break then no board cards Again!!!!!!! Still managed ok for a while and got to 40,000 chips then the computer froze completely and I was blinded out of the tourney. It actually came back on when I had 4k chips but it was my BB which was, I think 8k/4k so I went out. Still picked up £25 not bad I suppose when playin to a blind board for 15 minutes and then forcibly sat out for the next 15.

Will need to get this sorted.......I used to look forward to the breaks, now they scare me S****less. Oh!.... and I've ordered a brand new tin foil hat so watch out when I get that. Sorry for the swear words I need a visit to the preacher post.
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: That was fun.......I think:
    Well I tried me tin foil hat and some Bas****s poked a hole in it. Played the £1000 velocity and was doing good until the break then no board cards Again!!!!!!! Still managed ok for a while and got to 40,000 chips then the computer froze completely and I was blinded out of the tourney. It actually came back on when I had 4k chips but it was my BB which was, I think 8k/4k so I went out. Still picked up £25 not bad I suppose when playin to a blind board for 15 minutes and then forcibly sat out for the next 15. Will need to get this sorted.......I used to look forward to the breaks, now they scare me S****less. Oh!.... and I've ordered a brand new tin foil hat so watch out when I get that. Sorry for the swear words I need a visit to the preacher post.
    Posted by elsadog

hi elsadog well done last nite at tables i had a go at BH came 185th was happy with me play would you care to cast your eye over some of me play below m8

after falling off me bike & coming last in the £2k league stars freeroll last nite  went out due to playing a rubbish hand (chasing flush)
         anyway
          so i got straight back on me bike for " tonites BH at 9pm" had a level 1-4 game plan everything was going Superb spotted the aggro players by level 3 BB then it happened level 4-5 " I GOT MOVED NOOOOOO " me bike jumped & flipped & i landed on TABLE 31 1st thought was all that work on prvious table GONE
          SO 1 min i'm 2nd on a table who i have sussed the next i'm 5th on another table when i cleared my visor was on 2190 chips but on Table 31 it was 10k chip  ave noooooooooooo i thought so i knuckled down & made 2 successful moves against chip leader as i wanted to put a bit of fear into the others which btw never made a dent in his huge stack Finally i got 1 more hand AJ guy b4 me had loads of chips raised i pushed he called & had K6h so poker gods were needed as 50-50 'alas' not tonite (u have won enough they said this weekend) by giving him a  6

so i came 185th no worries played my best poker so far this month on table 31  bike is back on track looking for another race

summary for BH

I felt like a christian being thrown to the lions when me bike flipped & i landed

ON
                                             TABLE 31
         Arrival       21-30     Chips 2190    made 3 moves

Departure  21-54     AJ v K6h   came 185th

and as MEATLOAF would say 2 outta 3 ain't bad

dtw
    edited September 2009
    I like your attitude to the game.

Nobody wins them all and if losing bothers you then poker will be a sad experience for you. Nobody ever won a tourney without some luck, so some days you might win (with that bit of luck) and some days you won't. I say 'might win' because even with that bit of luck you need to find a route to the finish. Finding that route is the secret in tournament play. I know players who are far far better technicians of the game than I am. They can assess the odds in a hand instantly yet in tournaments they never quite get to the finishing line. They make great cash players and fair reasonably well in tournments but don't quite hit the jackpot, or at least not very often.

I am not particularly good at assessing odds, knowng the exact nuber of outs etc. because I'm a bit lazy and my attention is usually on other things in a tourney. I see a tournament as a set of scenarios and I tend to play the player rather than the cards. The ability to know when to make plays and when to twiddle your thumbs is IMO more important than knowing the odds etc. I have the full collection of Harrington which is very good particularly the 'end game' section and if I'm playing ok but not hitting I take a night off and re-read it. It often gives an insight into where I'm losing it.

But as I said DT you seem to have a great attitude to the game and that will be your strength, the rest will follow if you remain positive.

..............my goodness I do go on a bit don't I.
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    I like your attitude to the game. Nobody wins them all and if losing bothers you then poker will be a sad experience for you. Nobody ever won a tourney without some luck, so some days you might win (with that bit of luck) and some days you won't. I say 'might win' because even with that bit of luck you need to find a route to the finish. Finding that route is the secret in tournament play. I know players who are far far better technicians of the game than I am. They can assess the odds in a hand instantly yet in tournaments they never quite get to the finishing line. They make great cash players and fair reasonably well in tournments but don't quite hit the jackpot, or at least not very often. I am not particularly good at assessing odds, knowng the exact nuber of outs etc. because I'm a bit lazy and my attention is usually on other things in a tourney. I see a tournament as a set of scenarios and I tend to play the player rather than the cards. The ability to know when to make plays and when to twiddle your thumbs is IMO more important than knowing the odds etc. I have the full collection of Harrington which is very good particularly the 'end game' section and if I'm playing ok but not hitting I take a night off and re-read it. It often gives an insight into where I'm losing it. But as I said DT you seem to have a great attitude to the game and that will be your strength, the rest will follow if you remain positive. ..............my goodness I do go on a bit don't I.
    Posted by elsadog
         elsadog u r a star m8 many thanks for your feedback to me play in BH much appreciated

dtw 

btw if u think u go on a bit take a look around my threads & see my likes on me profile page

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    i vote option D... buy a new computer
    edited September 2009
    i vote option D... buy a new computer
    Posted by FlashFlush

As long as the mains gas pressure doesn't drop too low my little lappy is fine thank you.

I've switched over to Mozilla and it seems much quicker so hope it will be ok if I get thechance to play tonight.

(Ya' can't scare me.....I've got kids!)