You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

WSOP10????

thornstarthornstar Member Posts: 1
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
hi
does any1 know if sky poker will doing wsop main event sats, next year???

Comments

• Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2009
    Hi Thornstar,

i'm afraid i can't give you anything concrete on this yet as all proposals have to be approved numerous times, however, this is definitely something that will be considered so watch this space (more news to come from the poker team next year)

thanks

Rich
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    On this note... As sky players have done so well with Will cashing both Main Events, and Dan also cashing the side events, is it possible to consider having more seats up for grabs next yr... Just throwing it into the mix.. you know, innit ;)
  • LukeFullerLukeFuller Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2009
    When I saw all the Las Vegas sats a few months ago I wasnt all that interested...... When I found out it was WSOP Sats I wish I'd of participated.

Next year I will get into the WSOP on the cheap, and I will win The Main Event!

:)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP10????:
    On this note... As sky players have done so well with Will cashing both Main Events, and Dan also cashing the side events, is it possible to consider having more seats up for grabs next yr... Just throwing it into the mix.. you know, innit ;)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    There was no limit to the number of Packages that could be won either last year, or this year, in the various Vegas promotions on Sky Poker.

If they run them again next year - see Sky Rich's Post - I would imagine the same would apply.

The Packages are awarded on the basis of 1 Package for every x Players. If x doubles or trebles, there will be more packages!
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP10???? : There was no limit to the number of Packages that could be won either last year, or this year, in the various Vegas promotions on Sky Poker. If they run them again next year - see Sky Rich's Post - I would imagine the same would apply. The Packages are awarded on the basis of 1 Package for every x Players. If x doubles or trebles, there will be more packages!
    Posted by Tikay10
     Yes, thinking back i suppose that was the case... how about more 'vegas finals' then ;-) as opposed to all your hopes riding on 2 main finals
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP10???? :  Yes, thinking back i suppose that was the case... how about more 'vegas finals' then ;-) as opposed to all your hopes riding on 2 main finals
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I'm sure they will consider that if they run the Vegas Promotion again next year.

It's all about matching supply with demand. If there is demand for more Finals, I'm sure they'lll run them, but as they need to be Guaranteed, that needs careful weighing up.

But it's always the case that more players could play the existing Finals, & thus those Finals would then offer more Packages.

Vegas Baby! I'd love to go back, I really would. I've been there 8 times now, but always for "work" - one day, I'll go there just to play poker. And doubtless come home skint. ;)
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP10???? : I'm sure they will consider that if they run the Vegas Promotion again next year. It's all about matching supply with demand. If there is demand for more Finals, I'm sure they'lll run them, but as they need to be Guaranteed, that needs careful weighing up. But it's always the case that more players could play the existing Finals, & thus those Finals would then offer more Packages. Vegas Baby! I'd love to go back, I really would. I've been there 8 times now, but always for "work" - one day, I'll go there just to play poker. And doubtless come home skint. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
     Ask Sky to send a "substitute" with you.. so you can alternate days on working and playing ;-) .. but hey if you dont want to go to vegas if it means working ill take the job role :-) ... what was that link for sky jobs again sky_rich? lol
  • SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited September 2009
    being 21 to play in vegas 4tl :(