You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

need some help choosing a new lappy

ybyb Member Posts: 1,471
edited March 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Hey guys

My knowledge of computers is pretty poor so I thought I'd post on here for some help. I'm looking to buy a new laptop, with a fairly big screen size (preferrably 17.4" or larger) thats capable of running 7-8 tables easily on main view with no lag (I think that means I need a good resolution but not sure what I should be looking for exactly). Also want it to be pretty fast generally, other than poker only really need it for being able to watch tv/dvds/uni work etc. Having a decent sound system would be good too, and I need it to be able to connect to the internet by wireless and through a cable.

If anyone could tell me what specs I should be looking for or knows of a good laptop to buy it would be much appreciated. Btw it needs to be from either PC World or Currys because I've got a £630 voucher to spend from them after they lost my last laptop that went in for repair :/

Thanks

Comments

• hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited March 2011
    i would say macbook, fast no matter what your doing on it, ive had a mac for 3-4 years never had a problem with it, not one virus, bug yada yada, so im pretty sure a macbook is the same,  its apple nuff said. not exactly sure on price but i dont recon its far off £630 but imo if it cost say £800 the extra £170 really really is worth it. just my opinion though. im Hurst05 and im a mac.
  • LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited March 2011
    In Response to need some help choosing a new lappy:
    Hey guys My knowledge of computers is pretty poor
    Posted by yb

just like your knowledge of poker then trollolololololol

laptops suck
  • LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited March 2011
    In Response to need some help choosing a new lappy:
    Hey guys My knowledge of computers is pretty poor
    Posted by yb

just like your poker knowledge then trollolololol

laptops are bad mmmkay
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited March 2011
    Do you really need to go for a laptop? They're pretty awful compared to regular PCs and if I was serious enough to be running eight tables the PC route is a no-brainer.
  • ybyb Member Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: need some help choosing a new lappy:
    Do you really need to go for a laptop? They're pretty awful compared to regular PCs and if I was serious enough to be running eight tables the PC route is a no-brainer.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    yeah I defo need a laptop, I often travel around with it on trains/cars etc. and haven't really got space in my room for a PC.
  • ybyb Member Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2011
    In Response to need some help choosing a new lappy : just like your knowledge of poker then trollolololololol
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    shut up :(

laptops suck
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    playing poker in bed ftw
  • Mod_JockBMMod_JockBM Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2011
    i would say macbook, fast no matter what your doing on it, ive had a mac for 3-4 years never had a problem with it, not one virus, bug yada yada, so im pretty sure a macbook is the same,  its apple nuff said. not exactly sure on price but i dont recon its far off £630 but imo if it cost say £800 the extra £170 really really is worth it. just my opinion though. im Hurst05 and im a mac.
    Posted by hurst05

+1

I use an Imac and a Mac Book Pro.  Both are excellent and worth every penny you pay for them

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited March 2011
    Toshiba and Lenovo are my top two favourite laptop manufacturers.
  • JIMMYMADJIMMYMAD Member Posts: 154
    edited March 2011
    MACBOOK PRO 13INCH!!!!

There are brilliant run so fast, never had a virus

Once you buy a Mac you'll never go back!!