You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Stop at a winner

shazallinshazallin Member Posts: 558
edited March 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Simple betting systems, pick 5 horses out at the start of the day, Normally short priced favourites (even money and above).  Place a 1 point bet on the first horse, if it wins you stop, if it loses you place a 2 point bet on the second horse, if that wins you stop if it loses place a 4 point bet on horse number 3 etc.

1 point can be anything you want, for me its going to be £20, you wont get rich on this system, but as long as you know a little about racing, and pick sensibly you should win a little each day.  Be careful with your stakes tho because should you have 4 losers and it gets to the last race it will be 16 x your original stake.

Todays selections

Southwell - 2.10 - One Pursuit - 11/10 (1 point £20)
Taunton -  2.20 - Romulus Dartaix - 6/5* (2 points £40)
Taunton - 2.50 - Patsy Finnegan - 15/8* (4 points £80)
Ludlow - 3.30 - Havingotascoobydo - 5/2* (8 points £160)
Southwell - 4.10 - Cobo Bay - 5/2* (16 points £320)

* = current best price obviously I havent bet theese yet because if the first wins thats me done for the day.

Will post my selections every morning to see how i get on.

Shaz
xxx

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2011
    If the first wins, why not just use the other 4, as the first 4 of a new bet, with the first one tomorrow to save u if the next 4 today lose?

is this like the £1 on red, £2 on red, £4 on red, £8 on red, rince repeat system?

Good luck! Lend uz a point :)

P.S - I hope your first 4 lose and ur last one wins!!!

Here's mine today, all at Summer-Set, courtesy of the bloke on ATR.

Earth Planet  @ 4/1
    The Boss  @ 7/2
    Fountains Flypast  @ 11/2
    Storm Command  @ 4/1
    Lucky 15, 15 bets * £0.40
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sorry to dissapoint but the first horse won backed in to odds on and won comftable enough, so thats me stoped with a profit after one day of +£22.  If the first horse wins and u stop it can be gutting to watch the other 4 come in, rather than start again ill just have some double or trebbles, small stakes just for a bit of fun.

Its a little like that system, but with the roulette system u only have the 2 colous, (except 0 of course) where here you could have 20 horses in the race so it should make it hard, but its not as bent as a roulette machine, ive seen them throw up 15 blacks in a row whem someone was fonig the system you mentioned, it just shouldnt happen.

Good Luck with your bet Dohhh

Shaz

• Options
    edited March 2011
    3 out of 5 won and other 2 placed, not that it mattered after the first one won but nice to know i would have won even if it had lost.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I get the feeling im tlaking to myself on this thread but will contiue to anyway :)

Todays Selections

Lingfield - 2.00 - Spirit Of oakdale - 10/3 (1 point £20)
    Doncaster -  2.10 - American Ladie - 11/8* (2 points £40)
    Newbury - 2.55 - Our father - 7/4* (4 points £80)
    Newbury - 3.30 - Wessex King - 7/2* (8 points £160)
    Doncaster- 4.30 - veled- 5/2* (16 points £320)

* = current best price obviously I havent bet theese yet because if the first wins thats me done for the day.

After Yesterday Currently +£22

Shaz
    xxx
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,316
    edited March 2011

Hi shaz

not talking to yourself.

good luck today

I fancy dubai crest against yours in Donnie race

Father V

• Options
    Spartan3Spartan3 Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2011
    Enjoyed reading Shaz, just hadnt posted. looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Vaigret, you've got to fancy Our Father in the Newbury race!
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,316
    edited March 2011
    Hi spartan

Certainly do
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Stop at a winner:
    I get the feeling im tlaking to myself on this thread but will contiue to anyway :) Todays Selections Lingfield - 2.00 - Spirit Of oakdale - 10/3 (1 point £20) Doncaster -  2.10 - American Ladie - 11/8* (2 points £40) Newbury - 2.55 - Our father - 7/4* (4 points £80) Newbury - 3.30 - Wessex King - 7/2* (8 points £160) Doncaster- 4.30 - veled- 5/2* (16 points £320) * = current best price obviously I havent bet theese yet because if the first wins thats me done for the day. After Yesterday Currently +£22 Shaz xxx
    Posted by shazallin
    It's not too difficult to see all of these losing, whereby you're £620 in the hole! That £620 will take a lot of getting back staking a score at around even money.

I just don't get the system - either the horses are good bets individually at the odds or they're not. If they're good bets then place them - there is just no way the outcome of the 2 o'clock at Lingfield can affect he 2.10 at Donny.