You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Cash Bubbles

Boro-BardBoro-Bard Member Posts: 2
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone,

Im new to the site (and poker in general really) and I'm becoming really frustrated!

Basically I'm playing tournaments without knowing what the cash bubble is...

I played 2 days ago with 50 other runners, I finished 7th and assumed that would be a cash...turns out not.

Just played now, got to final table and again thought this surely is a cash (47 runners this time), gone out in 6th and not cashed again.

Is there a way of knowing before a tourny starts what the cash bubble is, as I'm getting sick of getting far in tourney and not cashing!

Thanks for the help :)

Marc

Comments

• webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2009
    yes just click on the game your playing and under neath all the runners is the payout structure

hope this helps

webby
  • Boro-BardBoro-Bard Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2009

Thanks for the help webby,

Just had a look and indeed it does explain the structure....wish I knew before I played my first 2 tournys!

Turns out I went out just before the cash both times!

• elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited September 2009
    Bubbles build character
  • inka2003inka2003 Member Posts: 184
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Cash Bubbles:
    Bubbles build character
    Posted by elsadog
    ..... except in the bath !
  • repton3repton3 Member Posts: 185
    edited September 2009
    On Sky there seems to be 2 cash bubbles in a lot of the tourneys I play in, a fake one at say top 20 where the money you win is actually like 8p less than you paid to enter, then the real one that starts at top 10.  Never understood this - well I read its something to do with the software automatically sharing out the winnings to certain no by % based on entries, but I just don't understand why it stil exists in this way.  Who wants to win less than their buy-in??
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Cash Bubbles : ..... except in the bath !
    Posted by inka2003
    LOL....reminds me of the old Bill and Ben joke. Bill and Ben in the bath together, Bill **** and Ben says '' it's half past eight.''

( You can't scare me......I've got kids! )
  • inka2003inka2003 Member Posts: 184
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Cash Bubbles : LOL....reminds me of the old Bill and Ben joke. Bill and Ben in the bath together, Bill **** and Ben says '' it's half past eight.'' ( You can't scare me......I've got kids! )
    Posted by elsadog

Flobalobalob ........ weeeeeeeed !

Yes, I AM old !!!
    edited September 2009
    Me too    Sad init :(
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the help webby, Just had a look and indeed it does explain the structure....wish I knew before I played my first 2 tournys! Turns out I went out just before the cash both times!
    Posted by Boro-Bard

hi boro if u are getting to the bubble your next step is the cash keep at it & u will cash m8 trust me " as my mentor once said to me when i started and he was right "  good luck dt
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    On Sky there seems to be 2 cash bubbles in a lot of the tourneys I play in, a fake one at say top 20 where the money you win is actually like 8p less than you paid to enter, then the real one that starts at top 10.  Never understood this - well I read its something to do with the software automatically sharing out the winnings to certain no by % based on entries, but I just don't understand why it stil exists in this way.  Who wants to win less than their buy-in??
    Posted by repton3
     Iv mentioned this a few times as well... Something needs to be done whether its only pay 15 players or increase the % given to 11th - 20th.. either way its a bit of a joke really... personally id prefer to see 15 paid with ALSO a slight % increase for 11th - 15th ... I personally play for the win, but still if you run into trouble at that point you still should get around double your buyin back
    edited September 2009
    To be 'bubbled' is not a bad thing. I got the bubble 2 weeks in a row in a $50k mtt a few years ago. The bottom prize was something like  $200. It was tempting to change my approach to the bubble period but thankfully I didn't and a few weeks later I won the tournament for a cool $12k.

If your just starting off, your first cashes are very important and even if they don't build your bankroll they should at least pay for you to have another go or two. However, I believe you need to play the game to win it, not sit out in order to cash. But that willingness to win shouldn't be a post-bubble kami kazi charge. Aggressive play pre-bubble is much more productive, so keep a lookout for the ''I'll sit out 'till I cash'' players and give 'em some serious stick pre-bubble.

Occassionally you'll meet a monster or two, but when it works..................