You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Get in the Hole!

splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
edited March 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat

I thought I'd start a golf thread as I tend to have a few bets each week anyway.

Il post a few selections each week and keep track of my progress. My picks generally are players in form and who have performed well at the course in previous years.

Ok, so first up we have two picks for the WGC Cadillac Championship in Florida:

McDowell has been in great form for a year or so now. Finished T6th last week and T6th in this event last year.

Schwartzel finished T14th last week and 2nd last year.

Good luck.

Martyn.

EventPickOddsStakeResultProfitP/L
WGC CadillacG.McDowell14/1£2 e/w   
WGC CadillacC.Schwartzel28/1£2 e/w   

Comments

• Options
    shazallinshazallin Member Posts: 558
    edited March 2011
    I generally like a bet on the golf as well, but dont know enough about it to pick my own, i get my golf tips else where, and they havent got a bad win rate to be honest, will check in alittle while and post here later
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Jim Furyk 50/1 -Last year's FedEx Cup winner has a great record at Doral and the price looks crazy.

Retief Goosen 66/1 - Strong record in Florida, good course form and has made a decent start to the season.

Matt Kuchar 28/1 - Rarely has a poor event these days. Third here last year and scored first win in Florida.

Bill Hass 40/1 - One of the form horses in the early part of 2011 and finished top six here in 2010.

Just had a quid e/w (first 5) on the 4 above

• Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited March 2011
    ew 5 places  with plus 120 runners sometimes ,,even though i love playing and watching golf shocking value,,saying that i like a bet in the majors,scwartzell is a good player whch i punted in the past,along wth edfors,,i did back a young argie whos name escapes me in our open about 4 year ago at 200s 150s and 100s at the start of final round on the 17th he was 2 clear and fell apart only for the irish guy to go in the water and still win,,,uuuuuuhhhhh
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Good luck shazallin. I was tempted with Furyk, he would have been my 3rd choice.

Andy, I think the guy you are on about is Andres Romero. It's a shame he hasn't fulfilled his talent as of yet.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Kuchar -4 after 4 holes, fantastic start including an eagle at the first!! just a shame rains stopped play.

Thanks splashies, good luck with yours too!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Kuchar is on fire -5 thru 5.

There's a whole bunch of guys playing really well.
  • Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited March 2011

thomas aiken mentioned in racining post put 2 ew @ 125/1,don,t know how he is doing?

• Options
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole!:
    thomas aiken mentioned in racining post put 2 ew @ 125/1,don,t know how he is doing?
    Posted by dubmaster
    He is currently T28th @ -1.

A full leaderboard can be seen HERE.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dustin Johnson   -13  
    T2    Matt Kuchar  -11  
    T2 Nick Watney   -11  
    T2 Luke Donald  -11  
    T5 Hunter Mahan   -10  
    T5 Francesco Molinari   -10  
    T5 Rory McIlroy   -10  
    T5 Adam Scott   -10  
    T9 Padraig Harrington  -9  
    T9 Martin Laird   -9  
    Ok so here is the current top 10 going into the final round.

Good luck shazallin who has Matt Kuchar. My two picks are out of it, so I'll be cheering on our boys Luke and Rory.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2011
    I'm gonna be watching this today from start to finish, having not really paid much attention so far.

Had a look at the prices and had a couple of bets.

£5 on Donald to win @ 5/1

£5 ew on Mcilroy @ 12/1 (ew 1,2,3)

• Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm gonna be watching this today from start to finish, having not really paid much attention so far. Had a look at the prices and had a couple of bets. £5 on Donald to win @ 5/1 £5 ew on Mcilroy @ 12/1 (ew 1,2,3)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I so want Rory to win, just depends how hot his putter is because tee to green he is faultless.

EDIT: I have put £5 win on Rory McIlroy @ 12/1
  • Options
    JAEGERBOMBJAEGERBOMB Member Posts: 1,516
    edited March 2011
    i put £25 on molinari on friday night at 12/1
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    What is going on with Rory today?!?! He has spent 75% of his round in the bunkers!

Good luck jaegerbomb, this tournament is there for the taking.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No winning bets after week 1, but there's always next week.

WGC CadillacG.McDowell14/1£2 e/wT42-£4.00-£4.00
    WGC CadillacC.Schwartzel28/1£2 e/wT24-£4.00-£8.00
    WGC Cadillac**R.McIlroy**12/1£5 winT10-£5.00-£13.00
    **In-Play bet**
  • Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! : He is currently T28th @ -1. A full leaderboard can be seen HERE.
    Posted by splashies
    thanks for the post,i see he started well 1st day @ then down hill...looking forward to next wk.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

This week's picks:

PGA Tour:
    Transitions Championship:

This course is a fairly long one at 7340 yards with lots of elevation changes. My first pick is 33/1. He is a previous winner of this event in '03 and in '09 and also came 5th last year, so he clearly has course form. This season he has made 3 cuts from 3 events, without really challenging for a win. This could be his week. The price of 33/1 is only available at one place and he is 25/1 everywhere else.

My second pick is Jonathan Byrd @45/1. He is bang in form this year with 1 win and 2 top 10's from his 7 starts this season. His top 10 finish in this event last year bodes well for this week.

European Tour:
    Sicilian Open

This is the first time this tournament has been held so there is no course form whatsoever. The reason behind my picks is purely gut feel for this event.

First up we have Chris Wood @22/1. This is a big year for Wood who needs to kick on and fulfill his undoubted potential. This is a great chance for him to do this in a field that lacks any big names. The wind may play a part at stages this week as the course is not too far from the sea, which wouldn't harm his chances at all.

Finally, an outsider that could do really well if the wind kicks up, and that is Paul Lawrie @80/1. Playing in the wind is his forte. This is pretty good value considering the relatively weak strength of the field.

Transitions ChampionshipR.Goosen33/1£2 e/w  
    Transitions ChampionshipJ.Byrd45/1£2 e/w  
    Sicilian OpenC.Wood22/1£2 e/w  
    Sicilian OpenPaul Lawrie80/1£2 e/w  
    Good luck all.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited March 2011
    Gr8 Thread  - Just glad Dustin Johnson didnt win last week as I backed him the week before and was gonna back him again , but didn,t have a bet

I think might put a small bet on for Lawrie as well

Already looking forward to the Masters in a few weeks
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited March 2011
    Just backed Dyson for £1.50 as he is 50/1 on Sky (only 48/1 on exchanges)

Also had £1 on Appleby at 55/1  ( He was in good form a few weeks back)

I wonder if you put a bet on in bookies for P Lawrie you might get away with Peter or Paul Lawrie  as they are also same price on here
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited March 2011

Knowing bookies which ever P.lawrie won they would try and get out of paying, like insurance companies do when you need one! if you hadn't specified a runner they may give your bet back aa a non runner and think they are being fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but if either had failed to make the cut say goodbye to your money no questions asked!

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Good luck MP33,

I think it pays to get your picks in early as most of my picks' odds have shortened on the site that I put them on.

Goosen 33/1 into 28/1.
    Byrd 45/1 into 35/1.
    Wood 22/1 into 18/1.
    Paul Lawrie is still 80/1 though.