You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

All good things must come to an end!

Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi guys and girls.
As some of you know, I took redundancy just over a year ago to de-stress myself and have a break.
Well the insurance runs out soon and I have to return to work.
Well the government have offered me a job as a civil servant working in Nottingham Job Centre Plus so, unfortunately, Monday its back to work for me!
I have been playing the deepstacks at 7pm and 7.30pm every night for a while now but I wont be home in time on occasions and, in any case, I will need a nap after a days work! lol
I wont be disappearing completely but I will no longer be the regular player and contributer to the forum.
This is just to let the many regulars I know in case anyone wondered where I was, in particular, my nemesis Gregghogg!
I will be playing until the weekend.
Take care and good luck at the tables!

Comments

• Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited September 2009
    Well, there goes the value...

Just kidding. Congratulations on the new job though, and looking forward to bumping into you at some live events soon!

Dave
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2009
    i hope you don't disappear from the forum completely... you are a valued member of this community.

good luck in the new job
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009

hi roy
           you'll be missed m8 good luck with work maybe i'll see you in manchester in dec cheers for cash table advice works a treat m8 will keep in touch through PM re progress in poker i only have 3 threads now so any time you are passing drop in for a chat

take care m8

michael
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009
    High Huck , yes well done, I remember you telling me this might happen when we were at Luton a few weeks back.
    Good Luck with the new position and hopefully might see you at a live event soon ...see ya later  Alligator glk

benny
  • elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited September 2009
    Congrats on the new job, working in Jobcentre Plus............Boy! are you going to be busy for the next couple of years.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009

So if I want a Job, Roy, I come & see you, right?

Good luck with it buddy, you'll be much missed when absent from here. Proper man you, you take your beats like a grown-up, with a smile & a shrug, never moan, (most peeps as old as you moan a lot),& it is always a pleasure to share Tables with you.

Look forward to seeing you at the Sky Poker Tables when time permit, or at DTD, which you & I are lucky to have as our "Local" Cardroom.

Take care man.
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    Good luck Roy in your new job.

dave
  • RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
    edited September 2009
    Good luck Roy
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2009
    ALL THE BEST HUCK... GOOD LUCK SORTING THOSE JEREMY KYLE GUESTS OUT! ;-)
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for your comments!
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to All good things must come to an end!:
    Hi guys and girls. As some of you know, I took redundancy just over a year ago to de-stress myself and have a break. Well the insurance runs out soon and I have to return to work. Well the government have offered me a job as a civil servant working in Nottingham Job Centre Plus so, unfortunately, Monday its back to work for me! I have been playing the deepstacks at 7pm and 7.30pm every night for a while now but I wont be home in time on occasions and, in any case, I will need a nap after a days work! lol I wont be disappearing completely but I will no longer be the regular player and contributer to the forum. This is just to let the many regulars I know in case anyone wondered where I was, in particular, my nemesis Gregghogg! I will be playing until the weekend. Take care and good luck at the tables!
    Posted by Huck_Nall
    ull be missed

enjoy work m8

b lukky
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited September 2009
    In Response to All good things must come to an end!:
    Hi guys and girls. As some of you know, I took redundancy just over a year ago to de-stress myself and have a break. Well the insurance runs out soon and I have to return to work. Well the government have offered me a job as a civil servant working in Nottingham Job Centre Plus so, unfortunately, Monday its back to work for me! I have been playing the deepstacks at 7pm and 7.30pm every night for a while now but I wont be home in time on occasions and, in any case, I will need a nap after a days work! lol I wont be disappearing completely but I will no longer be the regular player and contributer to the forum. This is just to let the many regulars I know in case anyone wondered where I was, in particular, my nemesis Gregghogg! I will be playing until the weekend. Take care and good luck at the tables!
    Posted by Huck_Nall
    Lol, thanks Roy.. I think...

Best of luck in your new Job m8.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    Hi Roy

Congrats on your job m8, you going to be missed, but will probs see you on the tables when you are around.

Good Luck M8
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited September 2009
    good luck in the job roy--hope you get time for poker too!
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited September 2009
    At least you'll get a decent pension.  Good luck.
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited September 2009
    Best of luck in the new job Huck, I'm sure you will be around a lot more than you first envision :)
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited September 2009
    Congratulations on the new job, wondering how many jobs there are for out of work poker players lol