You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Satelites to BIG events...

2»

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Satelites to BIG events...:
    Hi Guys, MANY Live Events are sponsored by Online Sites. The purpose of that - using the GUKPT as an example - is to get players to play on the Sponsors Cardroom. So no, not that easy. Ditto the WSOP-E, ditto the EPT, ditto the British Masters Poker Tour, etc. They are ALL headlined by various Online Rooms the whole idea being to drive traffic to those Rooms. So "buying a batch of Seats" is not usully do-able. APAT? It has a Sponsor, & so that Sponsor holds Online Satellites on it's own Room. There is a big problm with APAT, in that everyone wants Seats for it, & there are no Venues with adequate Capacity, & when sold Online - as opposed to qualified for - all the Seats go in seconds. That's seconds, not minutes. APAT give such good value you see - grown-up structures, Added Value, & no Reg Fees for ANY Events - that's all unique to APAT. There are "independent" Events that Sky Poker could, if they so desired, organise Satelites for, but it's for them to judge whether the demand is there yet. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't fancy there would be adequate demand - though with another years growth under their belt, yes, it will be do-able. They - Sky Poker - also need to leave a little slack to ensure that if/when they hold another SPUKT Tour, the Players are not "satellited-out" by spending all their money qualifying for other Events. All very complicated, these things are never as easy or as straightforward as they may seem at first glance. But all things come to those who wait, & as Sky Poker grows & grows, who knows what may be possible?
    Posted by Tikay10
     1st of all i didnt realise that if a site sponsered an event they had sole charge of online qualifiers...

2ndly This is why i started this thread, to see IF there is enough demand for it, so far i must say there has been a good respone.. admitadly the amount of "Yes's" if you look on a general scale is not alot, but thats only the players on this forum, there are others that dont use the forum that would be interested, i.e the higher staked cash players
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009
    Yes  Flash Great Idea,   when I went to Barcelona EPT, I won my seat through an independent being aloud to run the satellite on a bookmakers site ... Once the  6 seats were  won   the bookmakers then put one of their reps in charge and looked after the  6 of us over 4days ... 
    It really is a question of whether SKY  want to do it or not, there is no reason why anyone wanting a ticket cant get one ..   none of these events are a closed shop .. even though (bs) give that impression ..
    Another thing Sky give coverage and air-time to these events i'm sure the marketing people could do a deal for a few tickets if it felt the demand was there. 
    However  I don't think that's one  of the priorities at the moment with new software and a deep recession, it seems to me everything is on hold , don't forget the SPUKT and the WSOP could be in the pipeline and the reality is that's where SKYPOKER would get more feedback and profit from, by promoting those ..

glk  I agree  it would be great Idea

benny
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Satelites to BIG events... :  1st of all i didnt realise that if a site sponsered an event they had sole charge of online qualifiers... 2ndly This is why i started this thread, to see IF there is enough demand for it, so far i must say there has been a good respone.. admitadly the amount of "Yes's" if you look on a general scale is not alot, but thats only the players on this forum, there are others that dont use the forum that would be interested, i.e the higher staked cash players
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yes, they absolutely do.

It's not unusual for them to allow Qualifiers to take place on other Sites, but it causes all sorts of complications.

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Just to bump this message up to the top for the suits to see :-)

As Tikay has pointed out there are only some events sky could do satelites for, not sure which these are but could be found with some research.

With such a strong percentage showing they would like to do these satelites, it shows how popular they would be. This is only the view of people who use the forum, there are many others that would play in them as well. For example none of the players that went to vegas for sky this year use the forums that often, and im sure they would be interested so thats another 5!

If a tournament was a £1000 buyin, a good way of setting out satelites would be a £4.00+40p 1 in 10 or a £8.00+80p 1 in 5, into a £40+4 Semi final, where from there a 1 in 5 would go to the "Final" £200+£20 1 in 5 to get a seat into the tournament. This means even the low staked players would get a shot at being in a £1000 event for the grand price of £4.40p

I hope this idea does get looked into, I really want to get involved in playing bigger live events, but dont have the BR to buy straight in, and don't want to go to another site to qualify, so if they came to sky that would be brilliant!!

Thanks
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    Just to bump this message up to the top for the suits to see :-)    As Tikay has pointed out there are only some events sky could do satelites for, not sure which these are but could be found with some research.    With such a strong percentage showing they would like to do these satelites, it shows how popular they would be. This is only the view of people who use the forum, there are many others that would play in them as well. For example none of the players that went to vegas for sky this year use the forums that often, and im sure they would be interested so thats another 5!    If a tournament was a £1000 buyin, a good way of setting out satelites would be a £4.00+40p 1 in 10 or a £8.00+80p 1 in 5, into a £40+4 Semi final, where from there a 1 in 5 would go to the "Final" £200+£20 1 in 5 to get a seat into the tournament. This means even the low staked players would get a shot at being in a £1000 event for the grand price of £4.40p    I hope this idea does get looked into, I really want to get involved in playing bigger live events, but dont have the BR to buy straight in, and don't want to go to another site to qualify, so if they came to sky that would be brilliant!!    Thanks
    Posted by FlashFlush
    THIS IS ONE MAIN REASON I PLAY ON OTHER SITES SO I CAN SATELITE INTO TOP TORNS,,PLEASE SKY ID LOVE IT IF YOU COULD ARRANGE A SATELITE INTO A GR8 TORN IN EUROPE.

CHARLES LOVE WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED AND THINK THE PRICE RANGE IS UP EVERYONES ST