You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The advanced fold button.

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
edited March 2011 in Community Help & Advice

Poached this post from the other bit of the forum. Thouhgt the tech guys might like to reply directly, how easy would this be to implement?

Great suggestion I think, and don't remember reading anything about it before....

In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
When the cards are first dealt you have an option to select “fold”(even before it’s on you). This is great…the problem is that when a player goes “all in” the system ignores your request to fold and then offers you to fold again! So therefore, if I decide to fold because I don’t want to risk 20 chips with my 72 unsuited….why do you think I want to risk 3000 chips to go “all in”.
Posted by Geoffm

Comments

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited March 2011
    Yeah that would be great.
  • Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited March 2011
    Hi guys,

I'll pass this on to Adam to look at. We couldn't put the functionality in quickly though.

Regards
    Lee
  • Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited March 2011
    Hi Again,

We totally agree that this shouldn't be the case, and it's a bug that we have added to the list of fixes required.
    I think we can see why it's there in that the other options are viable and reset but all of the options reset which shouldn't be the case, if that makes sense!

Regards
    Lee
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited March 2011
    I just came into technical queries to post exactly this.  Its pretty frustrating.  I didnt realise though, that it was when a player went all in.  I just thought it happened at random.
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited March 2011
    Hi Guys,

It's always worked this way as far as i can remember, I believe the reason it ignores the pre-action taken when a player is all-in before you, is to help protect anyone who's chosen 'Call Any' or 'Raise any' etc

We'll get it changed to ignore this if fold or check/fold is the pre-action chosen, as you all say you are not likely going to want to change this action after an all in before you!

This isn't a simple quick fix, but it will be done in the future, along with correcting other annoying little bugs like this:

If you click fold by mistake when you can check, you get offered 'Do you really want to fold? Check/Fold'

this will be changed to 'Cancel/Fold'  - allowing you to still bet, raise etc if you wish

Kind Regards

Adam

• OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited March 2011
    Cheers Adam,

fwiw, anyone stupid enough to click the auto `call any` or `raise any` buttons deserve to have their stack taken from them.
    Has anyone EVER used these??
  • BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: The advanced fold button.:
    Cheers Adam, fwiw, anyone stupid enough to click the auto `call any` or `raise any` buttons deserve to have their stack taken from them. Has anyone EVER used these??
    Posted by OMahonyO
    I never have in all the years I've been playing on this site. I think they should get rid of them and introduce a 'Fold to a raise' button. Plenty of times I'm sitting there thinking about putting in a raise, but intend to fold if someone raises in front of me.