You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Download problem

corbett04corbett04 Member Posts: 21
edited March 2011 in Community Help & Advice

Hi, after being asked to update the download client last week(10/03) i did so but my laptop wont accept the update saying 'an error has occured' and now i cant access the download client at all. I contacted customer care about this and they told me via email to delete adobe air and reinstall it which i did but it's made no difference, they then said it may be a problem with my security software and asked me to inform them which anti-viral software i was using so i did but they have'nt got back to me since, this was 5 days ago. My security software has'nt changed since i first downloaded the sky poker software. Any help would be appreciated.    Thanks

Comments

• oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited March 2011
    Hi Corbett, Have you tried going to conrol panel--security--- allow a program through windows firewall--skypoker should be on the list there, click to add it as an exeption---gl
  • corbett04corbett04 Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2011
    Hey nutter, i just tried this and sky poker was'nt on the list. The whole thing is baffling me ffs. Cheers m8
    edited March 2011
    Try again but this time click on add program, see if it's on that list--gl
    edited March 2011
    If no good, open the firewall box again, click general, and click to turn off firewall, then download site, then see if its on the list, if so, add it as exeption and turn firewall back on--gl
    edited March 2011
    Also, on the same general tab, make sure that "block all incoming connections" is not ticked--gl again again
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Download problem:
    Hi, after being asked to update the download client last week(10/03) i did so but my laptop wont accept the update saying 'an error has occured' and now i cant access the download client at all. I contacted customer care about this and they told me via email to delete adobe air and reinstall it which i did but it's made no difference, they then said it may be a problem with my security software and asked me to inform them which anti-viral software i was using so i did but they have'nt got back to me since, this was 5 days ago. My security software has'nt changed since i first downloaded the sky poker software. Any help would be appreciated.    Thanks
    Posted by corbett04
    Hi Corbett,

It sounds odd that your application won't update, thanks nutter for your help so far, here's my advice.

The first thing I recommend to try would be rebooting the pc and uninstalling the Sky Poker software (not Adobe AIR which you have already tried) completely, then downloading and installing it again from the website.

If you are running windows then you would go something like

Completely shutdown and restart computer
    Start Menu (bottom Left corner)
    Control Panel
    Add/Remove Progams
    Select Sky Poker and click uninstall/remove/change

The above varies slightly depending on what version of windows you are running (XP, Vista or 7)

Then visit here https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/download to download and install Sky Poker again.

This way you would bypass the update (as you would be downloading the latest version directly from the site)

If this still doesnt work then please can you confirm

Are you using a laptop or desktop?
    What operating system are you running?
    Is it a personal or work pc?

I'm sure we'll find a way to sort this out for you, as the application has been updated succesffully by many other users.

Best Wishes

Adam
    edited March 2011
    Hi Adam, I have tried to uninstall the sky poker software but it wont let me. A message comes up from windows installer saying....
    The feature you are trying to use is on a network source that is unavailable.
    Click ok to try again, or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package 'setup.msi' in the box below.
    I have a laptop with windows7 btw, cheers.   Also thanks to oynutter for his suggestions.
  • POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited March 2011
    Hi Corbett

Go to the Program Files Folder - Delete the "Sky Poker" file manually. Re-boot pc and re-install the download.

I had a similar problem when it wouldnt let me uninstall the download client, so I deleted the sky poker program file manually and re-installed the software and everything worked just fine.

GL
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Download problem:
    Hi Corbett Go to the Program Files Folder - Delete the "Sky Poker" file manually. Re-boot pc and re-install the download. I had a similar problem when it wouldnt let me uninstall the download client, so I deleted the sky poker program file manually and re-installed the software and everything worked just fine. GL
    Posted by POKERTREV
    hey trev, couldnt find any where to delete the file manually, im eseless with computers lol
  • POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Download problem:
    In Response to Re: Download problem : hey trev, couldnt find any where to delete the file manually, im eseless with computers lol
    Posted by corbett04
    Double Click on "My Computer" or Click on "Start" and click on "Computer"
    Double Click on "C Drive" (This is your Hard Drive)
    Double Click on "Program Files"

In the "Program Files" Folder you will see a yellow file called "Sky Poker"
    Right Click on the "Sky Poker" File and Click Delete.

Re-start Pc & download and install the Sky Poker software again.
    edited March 2011

I've tried this Trev and still cant download the software. Time to give up me thinks, thanks for yor help mate. Just the web version for me :(

edited March 2011
    Hi Corbett, Don't give up yet--lol-- If you really can't uninstall from the control panel ( can't figure out why not?), then, how about using a "restore point"?----click on the start icon, then type--- system restore---- in the search box--- follow instuctions to restore your computer to how it was before you downloaded the sky program--- full instructions are here if you have trouble

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows7/products/features/system-restore
    edited March 2011
    You could try once more to uninstall it first--- instuctions here--

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows-vista/Uninstall-or-change-a-program