You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

slow broadband

bustout44bustout44 Member Posts: 43
edited March 2011 in Community Help & Advice
hi has anyone got any sudgestions on how i can overcome my slow broadband speed as its making it impossible for me to play sky poker
this morning speedtest check out at
download 490kbps
upload 151kbps
its even slower in the evening
im with bt
any suggestions how i could get a faster speed though fixed line
or other sudgestions would be of a great help

Comments

• Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited March 2011
    In Response to slow broadband:
    hi has anyone got any sudgestions on how i can overcome my slow broadband speed as its making it impossible for me to play sky poker this morning speedtest check out at download 490kbps upload 151kbps its even slower in the evening im with bt any suggestions how i could get a faster speed though fixed line or other sudgestions would be of a great help
    Posted by bustout44
    Hi Bustout,

Have you tried to contact the ISP (BT) to confirm if they expect you to receive such a low speed in your area?

It does seem very slow to me for your geographical location, perhaps there is an issue with your line which is making it worse - one for BT to advise on really.

If BT say your speed is expected and the best you can get, then It's probably worth ringing around other providers to see if they would expect better results, or maybe explore the cable route.

Would be interesting to see what the rest of the community think, as i am no expert in broadband to be honest

Kind Regards

Adam
  • bustout44bustout44 Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: slow broadba nd  :thanks adam i have had bt out they have given me a new home hub new one just out as they seam to think its more my wireless connection to my laptop been much better since it was fitted not purfect but much better happy to beplaying again
    In Response to slow broadband : Hi Bustout, Have you tried to contact the ISP (BT) to confirm if they expect you to receive such a low speed in your area? It does seem very slow to me for your geographical location, perhaps there is an issue with your line which is making it worse - one for BT to advise on really. If BT say your speed is expected and the best you can get, then It's probably worth ringing around other providers to see if they would expect better results, or maybe explore the cable route. Would be interesting to see what the rest of the community think, as i am no expert in broadband to be honest Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam