You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

account security and support

Spad3sSpad3s Member Posts: 269
edited March 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Hi,

I have an issue with my account. I have been on to support for the last 2 hours trying to get it fixed, they have not fixed it, I have found a workaround myself.

Basically I can logon to the poker client, but I cant logon to the webpage. This has been going on for a while, but I just tolerated it after having to deal with customer support last time with no success. Today however I fancied putting a few bets on the horses.

I was on live chat today for an hour trying to get this fixed. The guy set my password to a temp password. Then I could logon to the webpage, however once I reset my password to something else, I could not logon again. Of course I tried clearing cookies, I tried logging on from different browsers and pcs. I even carried out a reboot on the CS reps guys request, even though this has no effect on the browser. Anyway we tried this 4 times with no success. The guy then called me on the phone and we tried again with no success. All the time I felt like the cs rep is just trying to get rid of me, not fix my problem.

Here is where it gets ridiculous. The guys final solution is this. I will tell him what I want my pin to be and he will reset it to this as a permanent password. I wont be able to reset this because this will stop me being able to login again. He tells me this is safe as only he and I will no my pin. The security implications of a CS rep even suggesting such a solution is very bad. He infroms me they do this all the time with customers!! What is to stop him giving my pin to his friends?. Of course I refused this quick fix and asked to speak to a manager. No manager was available to talk to me or no manager would talk to me. This is after 1 and a half hours trying to simply logon to my account.

Anyway I am creating this thread to see if anyone from sky poker who knows what they are doing it will read it and investigate my problem. I am sure there is something wrong with my account, an error most likely associated with the fact that I this is my second account. I had to create a new one on directions from support, to change currency.

I have been sititng on my computer dealing with this issue since 11am. Its now 1.15. I would like to point out how painful support are to deal with. There is a delay of at least five minutes for everyone response it seems.
I work in the I.T area and I am shocked at the security implications of this guys "fix" to my problem. In a time when other poker sites are bring out RSA cards, what kind of a reflection is this on sky poker. I have come up with a workaround myself. I logon to the client and click "sports"-"sky bet", a new firefox window pops up with me logged in. I still cant logon to the site directly though.

Comments

• Spad3sSpad3s Member Posts: 269
    edited March 2011
    There is also another issue, which may or may not be related.

My name doesnt seem to be found in either the player search page or the player search page on the poker leaderboards.

Again, I have reported this issue some time ago and nothing was ever done.
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: account security and support:
    There is also another issue, which may or may not be related. My name doesnt seem to be found in either the player search page or the player search page on the poker leaderboards. Again, I have reported this issue some time ago and nothing was ever done.
    Posted by Spad3s
    Hi Spad3s,

Really sorry to hear about your issue and the disappointment in service you've received up until now, I'll speak to Customer Care to get to the bottom of this, we don't support or condone this sort of advice and I totally appreciate your concerns. I'll arrange for someone to get in touch regarding your security concerns and ensure this doesn't happen again.

On your search & Leaderboard issues:

1) Find a player - you can't search for yourself whilst you are logged in, which is why your name wont show up for yourself. It works when i search for you (you can see this for yourself by simply logging out then doing the search for Spad3s)

If you want to view your own tables whilst logged in then use 'My Sky Poker' - /> My Tables

2) League Leaderboard - again you can't search for yourself as such, but your position will be shown below the leaderboard when you are logged in, just scroll down the page and you can click on your name to jump to that page of the leaderboard.

If you have any more problems on these 2 points then feel free to ask,

Once again apologies and thanks in advance for your patience whilst Customer Care look into this complaint and get in touch with you.

Best Wishes

Adam
  • Spad3sSpad3s Member Posts: 269
    edited March 2011
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. Ive searched for my name in "find player" and you are right, this works fine for me when not logged on.

If I search for myself here though, https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-league?tracking=pokernav, it doesnt seem to highlight my name like it does for everyone else Ive tested, although I am in the list, I can find myself if I manually look for me.
    Im not too concerned about this, I just thought maybe it could be related to my login problem and might help you guys find out what wrong.

It is the security issues that have concerned me. I asked the customer service rep several times could he direct my issue to someone else who might know whats wrong with my account, but he was more concerned with this quick fix solution of me sharing my pin with him. I asked him could I reset my pin once he manually created one and he said no because that would again stop me from loggin in. But that sharing my pin with him was fine as only us two know it. The implications of such a policy are great. If someone did agree to such a fix, who would be responsible if money suddenly dissapeared from the account?, we both know sky would hold the player responsible. What makes it worse is that I asked to speak to a manager several times, and was refused.

Thanks.