You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Account security

Spad3sSpad3s Member Posts: 269
edited March 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Hi all,

I have recently had dealings with a sky CS rep that left me a little worried about how account security is viewed on the site. Im just wondering how safe you guys feel leaving money on the site. I have large sums on other sites that offer RSA cards and I feel safe. But on sky poker I would not dare keep much on the site.
Also, I would be interested to hear if there are any previous issues of account hackings or money losses.

It seems to me sky poker offer very little account protection. No RSA cards, no ip address restrictions. I would be interested to hear from a sky rep if they actively monitor login anomalies or what kind of systems they have in place to protect the users.

It seems to me sky poker is way behind the competition in this area, but maybe Im wrong.

Comments

• zingzing Member Posts: 333
    edited March 2011
    no RSA is the reason i brought this up with them in the past as i'm less than comfortable with the security on here and they did little to re assure me along with being told they have no plans to increase it.

little alarming indeed.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited March 2011
    what has always worried me is that the password is a 4 digit number

every other site I have always registered for has always asked me for at least a 6 character alpha-numeric combo.  i think that the standard is now 8 actually.
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited March 2011
    i think my £120.00 is safe :(
  • NODEALNODEAL Member Posts: 608
    edited March 2011
    Pm me your password and ill give you my honest opinion on its safety... lol

Seriously, Im glad you guys are on the ball because I lazily rely on that peeps like you.
  • billybootsbillyboots Member Posts: 1,197
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Account security:
    Hi all, I have recently had dealings with a sky CS rep that left me a little worried about how account security is viewed on the site. Im just wondering how safe you guys feel leaving money on the site. I have large sums on other sites that offer RSA cards and I feel safe. But on sky poker I would not dare keep much on the site. Also, I would be interested to hear if there are any previous issues of account hackings or money losses. It seems to me sky poker offer very little account protection. No RSA cards, no ip address restrictions. I would be interested to hear from a sky rep if they actively monitor login anomalies or what kind of systems they have in place to protect the users. It seems to me sky poker is way behind the competition in this area, but maybe Im wrong.
    Posted by Spad3s
    Hi......don't know what these are, could you please explain?.........thanx.
  • LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited March 2011

What is a RSA Security Token?

A RSA Security Token is a piece of hardware issued by XXXXXXX, in addition to your password.

The token displays a six digit code that changes every minute. The bars on the left hand side of the display count down to indicate when the code is about to change.

Once a RSA Security Token is enabled for your account, you will be required to enter your RSA Security Passcode every time you login.

The RSA Security Passcode is a combination of two elements:

1. Your four-digit RSA Security PIN followed by
    2. The six-digits currently displayed on the window of your RSA Security Token.

Note that the RSA Security PIN is not related to your XXXXXX PIN.

The use of the RSA Security Token enhances account security by providing two-factor authentication, requiring you to have ‘something you know’ (your XXXXXX password and RSA Security PIN) and ‘something you have’ (your RSA Security Token).

This feature is a strong defense against keyloggers and unauthorized people accessing your account.

• offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited March 2011
    ive never heard of anyone getting hacked on here but have to agree on the security.
  • SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited March 2011
    I've never heard of any security problem on here.
    If sombody did manage to guess your user name AND passcode, where are they gona cash your funds too? only your own bank account. If sombody choses to add there bank details to my account, then more the fool are they.
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Account security:
    I've never heard of any security problem on here. If sombody did manage to guess your user name AND passcode, where are they gona cash your funds too? only your own bank account. If sombody choses to add there bank details to my account, then more the fool are they.
    Posted by SolidStan1
    They could easily transfer it to another account via a HU cash table.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Account security : They could easily transfer it to another account via a HU cash table.
    Posted by splashies
    tbf funds on the higher stakes HU tables are usually 'held' for a short while, during which time Sky does checks against collussion/chip dumping
  • SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Account security : They could easily transfer it to another account via a HU cash table.
    Posted by splashies
    Ha, never thought of that 1.. Me thinks you done this before!!! lol
  • AJW1976AJW1976 Member Posts: 295
    edited March 2011
    I have one for you scotty,ok forget the account bypassing fraud thing where they issue rsa tokens and everything, my main concern is the constant port scanning and probing on tcp ip connections, These ip attacks happen on my lan router with virgin media,esp ip address 58.218.204.110,...some random guy in china is constantly sending spam or fake packets to my ip address or is spoofing the ip network in order to somehow compromise my system ,...I have spoken to virgin media they cannot help ,I have spoken to the police ,they dont want to know or get involved and thirdly I have spoken to the icc in usa and they have never responded back, and lastly I have phoned china and sent emails to no responce and I cannot talk chinese language with any of these people about the situation, the complaints to thier ip network go by the wayside..........

I ASK PLEASE IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO THRWART THIS ? />??ir by using a proxy or by using a special network attack block box/device....They have a habit of constantly doing it every day now!!!
  • billybootsbillyboots Member Posts: 1,197
    edited March 2011
    What is a RSA Security Token? A RSA Security Token is a piece of hardware issued by XXXXXXX, in addition to your password. The token displays a six digit code that changes every minute. The bars on the left hand side of the display count down to indicate when the code is about to change. Once a RSA Security Token is enabled for your account, you will be required to enter your RSA Security Passcode every time you login. The RSA Security Passcode is a combination of two elements: Your four-digit RSA Security PIN followed by The six-digits currently displayed on the window of your RSA Security Token . Note that the RSA Security PIN is not related to your XXXXXX PIN. The use of the RSA Security Token enhances account security by providing two-factor authentication, requiring you to have ‘something you know’ (your XXXXXX password and RSA Security PIN) and ‘something you have’ (your RSA Security Token). This feature is a strong defense against keyloggers and unauthorized people accessing your account.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

.............Many thanx LOL_RAISE.............
  • BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited March 2011
    I've never heard of any security problem on here. If sombody did manage to guess your user name AND passcode, where are they gona cash your funds too? only your own bank account. If sombody choses to add there bank details to my account, then more the fool are they.
    Posted by SolidStan1
    I think some people are rather naive and leaving themselves wiiiide open.
    You see people with player names like Rupert1968 (I truly hope there isn't actually a Rupert1968!) - it doesn't take a genius to guess what the login name and 4 digit password could be!

It's such a pain opening an account in the first place - emailing scans of your passport and so on - that I'm surprised it isn't just that little bit harder afterwards.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited March 2011
    what has always worried me is that the password is a 4 digit number every other site I have always registered for has always asked me for at least a 6 character alpha-numeric combo.  i think that the standard is now 8 actually.
    Posted by scotty77
    You're not limited to 4 digits, mine's always been longer than that.