You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Weekend footy betting (19th/20th)

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited March 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat

I’m beginning to think I’d be better off sticking a pin into the fixture list to find a few winners rather than spending hours going through the form book! I’ll keep at it though & hopefully will find a winner again soon.

Two bets to begin with for tomorrow then

Main Acca:

Villa/Wolves – Over 2.5 goals @ 8/11

Huddersfield to beat Swindon (H) @ 8/13

Southampton to beat Sheff Weds (H) @ 4/9

Bury to beat Cheltenham (H) @ 8/13

Albion to beat Clyde (H) @ 8/15

These 5 pay a decent 17/2 so it’s the usual tenner on for me.

Wolves may have only scored 10 away from Molineux all season but their trip to Villa Park is a West Midlands six pointer relegation clash. They’ve found their shooting boots lately too having scored 10 in their last 5 home & away but they’re still conceding too. Despite their lowly league position Villa also have goals in them & have only failed to score once in their last 11 games in all competitions (away to Man City in the cup). They’ve also only failed to score once in their last 10 at home too. History suggests they’ll be goals here too as there’s only been 1 game in the last 5 recent meetings where both sides have failed to score.

Huddersfield have snuck into 2nd spot in league 1 & they’ll be looking to put some daylight between themselves & 3rd place Peterborough who don’t play until Monday evening. Their recent form has been fantastic & they’re unbeaten in the league this year.  They’ve won their last 3 straight & are now grinding out results where they’d previously drop points. In contrast Swindon are in woeful form at present. They come into this game winless in their last 14 games & have actually only won once in 2011. Huddersfield don’t drop too many points at the Galpharm & I can’t see them dropping any here either.

Southampton are another side in decent form at the moment & are looking to sneak into the 2nd automatic spot which Huddersfield currently occupy. The Saints are currently sitting in 4th spot & are 5 points behind Huddersfield but they have 3 games in hand & know that if they’re to make that count then they really can’t drop too many more points this term. Southampton have won their last 3 straight & haven’t lost a league game at St Mary’s since mid December. At the beginning of December Sheffield Wednesday were looking on course for at least a playoff spot themselves but a run of disastrous results has now left them nervously looking over their shoulders at the relegation trap door. Rather surprisingly they’re actually unbeaten in their last 3 on the road but Southampton really should ne too strong for them here. They’ve lost 3 of their last 4 coming into this game & it’s highly unlikely they’ll improve on that.

Despite going down 2-1 at home to Torquay in midweek, Bury had been in good form previously. They were unbeaten in 7 (winning 4) & had kept a clean sheet in their previous 4 home & away. They entertain a Cheltenham side who have hit a bad patch losing 3 of their last 4 home & away & actually only have 1 win in their last 11.

2nd place Albion entertain bottom side Clyde & the form book suggests that there should only be one winner in this contest. Albion come into this game on the back of 2 wins (both away) & definitely have the upper hand over their opponents. Clyde are not bottom without good reason. They’ve only won 3 from 22 all season & 1 from 10 on the road. These 2 sides have met 3 times already this season & Albion have won them all.

Massive Long Shot Acca:

Stoke/Newcastle – DRAW @ 11/5

Reading to beat Barnsley (A) @ 7/5

Leeds to beat Sheff Utd (A) @ 11/10

Leyton Orient to beat Brentford (A) @ 7/4

Aldershot to beat Stockport (H) @ 4/6

Stevenage to beat Lincoln (H) @ 8/11

Arbroath to beat East Stirling (A) @ 8/13

These 7 potentially pay a whopping 205/1 so only a quid at stake here.

Stoke & Newcastle are two sides who should be safe from the drop although until they both get another couple of wins under their belts they’ll be looking nervously over their shoulders. Stoke won 2-1 at St James’ earlier in the season but I’ve just got a feeling that these two will cancel each other out this weekend. Their 2 previous meetings in the top flight a couple of years ago both ended in draws too.

I haven’t bet against Barnsley too much when they’ve been at home this year as they’ve got a pretty decent record there with only 4 defeats in 18. However Reading are in really good form at the moment & are more than capable of taking the points from Yorkshire. They’ve only lost 3 league games in 2011 so far & they all came against the division’s top 3 sides. They’ve got a good record against Barnsley too & have won 4 & drawn 1 of the last 5 league meetings.

It’s difficult to see where the next 3 points are gonna come from for Sheffield Utd & it doesn’t get any easier for them this weekend. Their 2-1 win at home to Nott’m Forest 10 days ago was their first win of 2011 (in fact, it was their first win since mid December!). They went down 3-0 at Watford last weekend & had 2 sent off in the process. Leeds are in really good form at the moment with only 1 defeat in their last 11 in the league but the reason they’re in my long shot rather than my main bet is simply because they’ve got a nasty habit of dropping points when you least expect it. Last weekend’s home game against Ipswich is a case in point.

Once again Leyton Orient are a massive price considering their recent form but it’s for that reason they’re in my long shot. Sooner or later they’re gonna lose a game & if they’re gonna do it when I’ve got money on them I’d rather they did it with very little at stake. They’re now unbeaten in 14 in the league & have won their last 4 straight without conceding a goal. The only thing Brentford are consistent at is being inconsistent! They’ve lost 3 from their last 4 coming into this game but that doesn’t really tell the whole story as two of those games were against the top two in the division & they made them both work **** hard for the points. They are capable of getting a result so be aware.

Aldershot are in decent form but the one thing holding them back is they’ve drawn too many games. Having said that they have won their last 2 & look a decent bet at home to the divisions’ bottom side. Stockport have lost 4 of their last 6 & have lost their last 7 on the road.

Stevenage still have a chance of making the play offs but they’re gonna have to take points in these sort of games if they’re to do it. They’ve won their last 2 coming into this game & are in fairly decent form overall with 5 wins from their last 7. Despite a poor first half to the season Lincoln have recovered enough to be fairly certain of avoiding any sort of real relegation battle. They’ve been poor on the road of late though losing 2 & drawing 1 of their last 3 & those 2 defeats came against strugglers Burton & Barnet.

Arbroath are currently top of the Scottish 3rd division & should see off an East Stirling side that are 2nd from bottom. They’re in good form as you’d expect winning 5 of their last 6 (& have won their last 3 straight). In contrast East Stirling have picked up just a solitary point from their last 10 games & have lost the last 3 straight. These 2 have already met 3 times this season & Arbroath have won 2 of them with East Stirling picking up a surprise win in January.

Good luck if you’re having a go this weekend & remember to take my selections with a pinch of salt cos right now I don’t think  could pick a winner if it slapped me in the face with a wet fish!

Jay

Comments

• Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited March 2011
    Hi all

2 x 5fold £1 and 9 x 4fold 50p per line
    1. West Brom v Arsenal Yes @ 4/6 win 
    2. Oxford v Crewe Yes @ 8/13 win 
    3. Notts Co. v Bristol Rov No @ 4/5 win
    4. Exeter v Yeovil Yes @ 5/6 win
    5. Hull v Norwich Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/11 win 
    6. Hull v Norwich No @ 10/11
    £22 single on tonights game
    1. Chesterfield v Rotherham Over 2.5 Goals @ 10/11 win

Be lucy

achill

• Options
    DPhillipsDPhillips Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2011
    Heres my bet.....

Villa to beat wolves

Spurs to beat West ham

Huddelsfield to beat Swindon

any thoughts?

• Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (19th/20th):
    Heres my bet..... Villa to beat wolves Spurs to beat West ham Huddelsfield to beat Swindon any thoughts?
    Posted by DPhillips
    i reckon it will be a score draw  for spurs
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited March 2011
    Heres my bet..... Villa to beat wolves Spurs to beat West ham Huddelsfield to beat Swindon any thoughts?
    Posted by DPhillips
    As much as I don't like to see a fellow punter lose his cash I'm hoping that we kill this one off for you today. If we bother turning up then it could go either way but if we don't then this has got a decent chance of coming in.

I had a tenner's free bet to use as well so I've gone for the enhanced multiple of Huddersfield, Brighton & Southampton all to win @ 4/1. Not massive odds but it's potentially £40 for absolutely nothing so why not.
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited March 2011
    Middlesbrough v Watford
    Huddersfield
    v Swindon
    Plymouth v Rochdale
    Aldershot v Stockport
    Bury v Cheltenham

£5 acca pays £145.72

Good luck to everyone
  • Options
    ajbrown7ajbrown7 Member Posts: 121
    edited March 2011
    £5 Accumulator at odds of 80/1!

Chesterfield (win)
    Crawley (win)
    AZ Alkmaar (win)
    Spurs
    Leeds
    Huddersfield
    Southampton
    Bury
    Dunfermiline
    Barcelona

good luck everyone
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2011

Over 2.5 in the 2 live games, Spurs and Saints.

Arsenal

Leeds

Ipswich 

Pays 21/1 - had 6.81 on it

----------------------------------

QPR away at Donny today are evens.

Go and print yourself some money.

I would if I wasn't a Donny fan.

GL all.
  • Options
    shazallinshazallin Member Posts: 558
    edited March 2011
    Main Bet

Leeds
    Huddersfiled
    Hartlepool
    Southampton
    Bradford
    Bury
    Kettering

Both teams to score

stoke v newcastle
    barnsley v reading
    hull v norwhich
    boro v watford
    sheff united v leeds
    brentford v leyton orient
    exexter v yeovil
    oldham v brighton
    walsall v hartlepool
    soputhampton v sheff wed
    bury v cheltenham
    shrewsbury v wycombe

Both temas to score

bristol city v burnley
    doncaster v qpr
    millwall v cardiff
    carlisle v bouremouth
    dagenham v charlton
    plymouth v rochdale
    tranmere v colchester
    accringotn v port vale
    aldershot v stockport
    bradford v northampton
    macclesfield v torquay
    stevange v lincoln

over 2.5 goals

Stoke v newcastle
    wigna v birmingham
    palace v derby
    hull v norwhich
    millwall v cardiff
    brentford v leyton orient
    oldham v brighton
    tranmere v colchester
    accringotn v portvale
    bradford v northamtpon
    macclesfield vv torquay
    hamilton v st johnsotn

over 2.5

villa v wolves
    blackburn v blackpool
    united v bolton
    westbrom v arsenal
    bristol city v burnley
    doncaster v qpr
    leicester v portsmouth
    swansea v forrest
    huddersfield v swindon
    plymouth v rochdale
    aldershot v stockport
    shewsbury v wycombe

Finally a 127k/1 shot, a red card in the following games

villa v wolves
    stoke v newcaslte
    palace v derby
    millwall v cardiff
    exeter v yeovil
    plymouth v rochdale
    walsall v hartlepool
    barent v morcambe
    bradofrd v northampton

• Options
    shazallinshazallin Member Posts: 558
    edited March 2011
    ffs @ corals, on there coupon they have leeds down as a 3pm kick off, id never have put them in my bets if they had been listed as an early kick off!!! thats 2 bets down b4 the afternoon has even began!
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited March 2011
    Had one 5fold and five 4folds come in plus the single bet from friday night comes to £64 profit.

Whoo hoo

Won't have the bookie crying but nice to take something off him.
  • Options
    RiverDohRiverDoh Member Posts: 88
    edited March 2011
    Nice One
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited March 2011

Ok so here we have a little Sunday treble:

Sunderland v Liverpool @ 9/5
    Chelsea v Man City Draw No Bet @ 10/3
    Celtic v Rangers Over 2.5+ Goals @ 21/20

£5 Treble pays £119.37

• Options
    delaney09delaney09 Member Posts: 1,145
    edited March 2011
    Ok so here we have a little Sunday treble: Sunderland v Liverpool @ 9/5 Chelsea v Man City Draw No Bet @ 10/3 Celtic v Rangers Over 2.5+ Goals @ 21/20 £5 Treble pays £119.37
    Posted by splashies
    looks a good bet the one that may cause some problems is the celtic rangers over 2.5 goals theres usually more cards and fights then goals lol