You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

GG, WP, UL, TC...

FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
....Is what ill be saying to you all when i come off my break ;-)

I usually play poker each night im home, i now find i cant think of anything to do?.. What do you all do when you take a break for the great (i really mean horrible) game of poker?

Comments

• Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited September 2009
    When I take a break from this great (and horrible sometimes) game I try to get as far away from my computer as I possibly can so I go visit my parents.  And before anyone asks NO I dont own, or intend to get, a laptop.  My parents dont even subscribe to sky so I'm not even tempted to play that way either.

If for some reason I'm not able to use this method of escape then I quite often spend hours playing World of Warcraft.

I guess if your REALLY stuck then there is the old favourite of decorating or perhaps even spending hours in the garden but whatever you decide I hope that you have a relaxing break and come back ready to lose all of your chips to me lol.

Steve
  • PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited September 2009
    hi flash , fresh air is allways good to clear the head . just put your feet up and snooze/meditate for 1 hour . be gratefull for all the good things in your life . once the kids are sound asleep watch a good movie . recently saw 2 crackers ... gran torino with clint eastwood and the wrestler with ,cant think of actors name ,micky ? ,
  • elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited September 2009
    Long walks with the dogs in our  beautiful Welsh countryside. (before the sheep jokes start - I'm English). Doing cryptic crosswords ( keeps the brain working but totally different to poker ) and trying to hang on to my 8 handicap. (increasingly more difficult as the years mount up and my shoulders seize up).
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    pokertube.com
    2plus2
    pub
    movies
    go for a long drive round some country roads (not so nice now the weather is bad again tho)
    clean my car
    go play live
    read
    take my sister shopping and let her spend my money

• Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: GG, WP, UL, TC...:
    pokertube.com 2plus2 pub movies go for a long drive round some country roads (not so nice now the weather is bad again tho) clean my car go play live read take my sister shopping and let her spend my money
    Posted by scotty77
    Surely this is -EV? ;)
  • MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited September 2009
    easy ... nothing..... do nothing...... get bored and put poker on lol
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009

Catch Up on some films  . or if possible take a break away ...get out by  a river or the coast ..

there's more to life than sat  on a computer  playing poker,   especially for some one so young !!

glk Flash          you ll come back feeling re-freshed    :)

benny

oh   ps  Ive got an enforced break coming next Thurs and Frid   got to finish thie decorating  ... ahhhh
  • BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2009

STRAIGHT ONTO CHANNEL 415 HAVE A FEW DAYS LOOSING MORE MONEY ON THE HORSES THAN I EVER DO AT POKER. AFTER THAT REMEMBER THAT I WHY LOVE PLAYING POKER.

• pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited September 2009
    play with your kids(only yours!) take wife out and spend the money you have won on them, had to write that as she was stood over shoulder reading, either way get out the house go down pub and take up darts
  • maximus66maximus66 Member Posts: 81
    edited September 2009
    golf, golf and then a little more golf!!!!
  • fingers615fingers615 Member Posts: 154
    edited September 2009
    Ah golf. Another game i really love but am no good at. (There's a pattern emerging here). lol.
    Decorating Benny???? Are you still taking the tablets?
  • bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited September 2009
     i know the feeling flash.. i love playing on sky and play most nights.. find it extremly boring watching tv or somthing and by 9pm im back playing poker lol