You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

My internet connection v's Sky Poker, the saga

YouKnowsItYouKnowsIt Member Posts: 331
edited March 2011 in Community Help & Advice
I entered the *k BH sat for tonight for the 2nd time just now and my game was going really well till.............................. that lovely little box pops up say NETWORK error.

1st time it passed with out much incident, missed around 5 hands, not to bad, the second time it came up, playing well and it completely froze me in a middle of a hand, waited a few mins, still nothing. you can imagine the words going through my head at this point lol

Rebooted my lappy as quick as I could and now have a very short stack, didnt really have a hand to shove with so I thought i'd try and hold out as very close to the bubble, lucked out when it auto put me all in and then all in when I was on the small blind

Ended up going out 14th when top 12 got auto qualification, to say I'm cheesed off is an understatement, $4.80 down the pan, not from lack of skill but from lack of connection

Gonna try and sat into the TSP classic now as Im to affraid to pay a bigger buy in at the mo due to this re-occuring

Good luck at the felt peeps, just hope your luck isnt like mine!!!!

Comments

• YouKnowsItYouKnowsIt Member Posts: 331
    edited March 2011
    was meant to say 8K not *k lol
  • YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited March 2011
    i keep getting that aswell out of blue really annoying it is!

I did uninstall and install download again hopefully that sorted the problem now
  • lMARKllMARKl Member Posts: 254
    edited March 2011
    Me too, just busted out of 4 dym's.  My internet seems ok elsewhere tho..
    edited March 2011
    I cant prove its sky poker thats causing it so I posted this to see if anyone else has the same problem
    edited March 2011
    I have onto live chat now
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited March 2011
    i had an issue earlier, but I know for sure it was due to a problem with my internet connection as my cat had pulled out the wire from the router to the phone line!
    edited March 2011
    ah well I bubbled again on the TSP classic, won £4.40 so looks like I will have to buy in, no connection probs this time, I just wonder if it just happens earlier around the 6pm time
  • YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited March 2011
    i had it again about 8 ish seems to run fine with no browser open
    edited March 2011
    Playing on the browser now and that seems to be ok.
  • elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: My internet connection v's Sky Poker, the saga:
    i had an issue earlier, but I know for sure it was due to a problem with my internet connection as my cat had pulled out the wire from the router to the phone line!
    Posted by scotty77
    I haven't finished training your cat yet but when I do ................. 
  • delaney09delaney09 Member Posts: 1,145
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: My internet connection v's Sky Poker, the saga : I haven't finished training your cat yet but when I do ................. 
    Posted by elsadog

can you train my cat too alan saying she is an *itch would be an understatement she is pure evil like the devil has possessed here she attacks you when walking past eats mice and *hits in the house

i had the same problem around 8pm the sorry you have been disconnected we are trying to reconnect you then again about an hour later you were not able to respond in time for your hand so you have been sat out please click i'm back (network error)
  • LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited March 2011
    all i know is that at 16:25 exactly every day i have a ~15second freeze on sky
  • gaza559gaza559 Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2011
    all i know is that at 16:25 exactly every day i have a ~15second freeze on sky
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    I thought it was only me lol