You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Get in the Hole! (MARCH 24th - 27th)

splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
edited March 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat

PGA Tour: Arnold Palmer Invitational

The course at Bay Hill will offer plenty of birdies this week after being converted from a par 70 to a par 72 in 2010. The course is fairly generous off the tee but offers a stern test in and around the greens.

My first pick is Kevin Na @ 66/1. He finished T2nd in this event last year and has got off to a very good start this season with 2 top 5’s in his first 7 events. His ability to consistently hit greens and putt well (8th on tour this year,) will stand him in good stead for this event.

For my second pick, I have decided to unleash the TIGER @ 8/1. His record speaks for itself at this course with wins in ’00 ’01 ’02 ’03 ’08 and ’09. This will be the week that Tiger returns to the big time after his last low-round of 66 at Doral two weeks ago, where he finished in the top 10 and was T4th for greens hit that week. If his putter clicks he will be hard to beat.

European Tour: Open de Andalucia

First up we have Joost Luiten @ 40/1. He finished T6th here last year. The talented young Dutchman has been plagued by injury in the last couple of years, but those days are completely behind him now. Fellow pro, Rory McIlroy, has tipped Luiten to have a big year this season and hopefully that begins  this week.

Lastly, we have Soren Kjeldsen @ 40/1. He finished T6th here last year to go with his win at this event the previous year. His form tailed off the latter part of last season, but he is now back fresh from a 5 week break on a course that he plays well at.

EventPickOddsStakeResultProfitP/L

Arnold Palmer InvitationalTiger Woods8/1£2 e/w   
Arnold Palmer InvitationalKevin Na66/1£2 e/w   
Open de AndaluciaJoost Luiten40/1£2 e/w   
Open de AndaluciaSoren Kjeldsen40/1£2 e/w   
Good luck if you have a bet.

Martyn

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2011
    I really thought it was the masters this week!!! I'm well disappointed :(

Seems like they've been advertising it on sky for ages.

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Yep, sadly it's still two weeks away. It will be worth the wait though.
  • Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited March 2011

was looking in the racing post again!!!!and picked these after my reading abit luck this week i hope

Arnold Palmer Invitationaljohn sendon70/1£1 e/w   
    Arnold Palmer Invitationalvijay singh40/1£2 e/w   
    Open de Andaluciajohn parr70/1£2 e/w   
    Open de Andaluciassp chowrasia250/1£1 e/w   
    Good luck

• Options
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! (MARCH 24th - 27th):
    was looking in the racing post again!!!!and picked these after my reading abit luck this week i hope Event Pick Odds Stake Result Profit P/L Arnold Palmer Invitational john sendon 70/1 £1 e/w       Arnold Palmer Invitational vijay singh 40/1 £2 e/w       Open de Andalucia john parr 70/1 £2 e/w       Open de Andalucia ssp chowrasia 250/1 £1 e/w       Good luck
    Posted by dubmaster
    Good luck mate, thats a good price on chowrasia. Hope he plays well.
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited March 2011

These are my bets for the Arnold Palmer Invitational
    Arnold Palmer InvitationalJhonattan Vegas80/1£2 e/w   
    Arnold Palmer InvitationalRyan Moore50/1£2 e/w   
    Arnold Palmer InvitationalBo Van Pelt100/1£1 e/w   

I've also had £2 on Justin Rose being the leader after the 1st Rd at 33/1 

Good luck if you have a bet.

Dave.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    These are my bets for the Arnold Palmer Invitational Event Pick Odds Stake Result Profit P/L Arnold Palmer Invitational Jhonattan Vegas 80/1 £2 e/w       Arnold Palmer Invitational Ryan Moore 50/1 £2 e/w       Arnold Palmer Invitational Bo Van Pelt 100/1 £1 e/w             I've also had £2 on Justin Rose being the leader after the 1st Rd at 33/1  Good luck if you have a bet. Dave.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    I love this guy and what a talent he is!

If he has a decent week here i might put some money on him for the masters as he is currently 150/1 for that.
  • Options
    shazallinshazallin Member Posts: 558
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! (MARCH 24th - 27th) : I love this guy and what a talent he is! If he has a decent week here i might put some money on him for the masters as he is currently 150/1 for that.
    Posted by splashies
    If he has a decent week tho his price could be halved back him now if your gonig too
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Arnold Palmer Invitational

Hunter Mayhnan - 25/1 -  Stats suggest more wins are coming his way soon. Fine course record.

Brandt Snedeker - 60/1 -
    Already has three top 10s in 2011 and says this is the best he's ever hit it.

Rickie Fowler - 40/1 -
    Results in 2011 are better than you might think. Will like wider fairways.

Aaron Baddeley - 66/1 -
    GIR figures vastly improved and already a winner in 2011. Likes Bay Hill.

Open de Andalucia

Simon Dyson - 40/1 - Once again showed that he can adapt to a course quickly in Sicily.

Oliver Wilson - 50/1 -
    Tavistock Cup heroics can provide the platform for a first Tour win.

Jamie Donaldson - 35/1 -
    Brings solid recent and course form to the table and should go well.

Peter Whiteford - 100/1 -
    Overpriced on both his T2 here last year and his play in Sicily last week.

Jamie Elson - 150/1 -
    Two top-5 finishes in last three starts and a bright future ahead of him.

Louisiana Open

Brett Wetterrich - 35/1 - Fired up for success and plenty of course form including a win.

John Merrick - 22/1 -
    The conditions should suit a man taking a step down in class.

Kia Classic

In-Kyung Kim - 18/1 - Relentlessly consistent and playing on her home course.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! (MARCH 24th - 27th) : If he has a decent week tho his price could be halved back him now if your gonig too
    Posted by shazallin
    Well he is +8 after round 1, so i think i'll leave it for now. lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    thinking of putting 2 ew on t.imellman @ 60/1 for last day?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    thinking of putting 2 ew on t.imellman @ 60/1 for last day?
    Posted by dubmaster
     had to do it.............plus sendon in with a shout to be placed feel lucky.

a bit sick i did;nt stick with lawrie this wk in spain
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! (MARCH 24th - 27th) :  had to do it.............plus sendon in with a shout to be placed feel lucky. a bit sick i did;nt stick with lawrie this wk in spain
    Posted by dubmaster
    yeh me too, nothing more frustrating than the previous week's pick winning the following week.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ok so as my picks in Andalucia are way off the lead, I have put £5 on Johan Edfors to win @ 15/2.

He is currently 3 shots off the lead.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2011
    Ok so as my picks in Andalucia are way off the lead, I have put £5 on Johan Edfors to win @ 15/2. He is currently 3 shots off the lead.
    Posted by splashies

Just put it on to watch for an hour before I start playing poker....

bogey bogey birdie bogey first 4 holes!! Ouch! Could be an eventful day......

Saw ur equaliser on the F.L show last night, some strike, 94th min too !! Still think you should bring the Bayo' back.

edit - wow joint leader now thru 10 - bet he was a big price in running after 4 holes!!! gl  !!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeh it's anyone's to win now. I had given up after those first 4 holes!

It was a great strike by Bauza, I sit behind that goal so I had a great view.

With regards to Bayo, we would love to have him back and i'm sure he would love to come back. However, I can't see it happening. The problem is, that when he was here before we relied on him way too much, so when he missed games through injury (which was a fair few) the rest of the team were clueless on how to play.

Come on Edfors!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So last weeks pick Paul Lawrie wins this week!!! Edfors came 2nd at one one shot back.

I might have one last in-play bet this week at Bay Hill tonight.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ok so for the last bet this week I have bet £3 e/w on David Toms @ 33/1.

He is currently in T5th, 5 shots off the lead, but crucially only 1 shot off 3rd place. And the e/w bet is at 1/5 odds for top 3 places.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Arnold Palmer Invitational Hunter Mayhnan - 25/1 -  Stats suggest more wins are coming his way soon. Fine course record. Brandt Snedeker - 60/1 - Already has three top 10s in 2011 and says this is the best he's ever hit it. Rickie Fowler - 40/1 - Results in 2011 are better than you might think. Will like wider fairways. Aaron Baddeley - 66/1 - GIR figures vastly improved and already a winner in 2011. Likes Bay Hill. Open de Andalucia Simon Dyson - 40/1 - Once again showed that he can adapt to a course quickly in Sicily. Oliver Wilson - 50/1 - Tavistock Cup heroics can provide the platform for a first Tour win. Jamie Donaldson - 35/1 - Brings solid recent and course form to the table and should go well. Peter Whiteford - 100/1 - Overpriced on both his T2 here last year and his play in Sicily last week. Jamie Elson - 150/1 - Two top-5 finishes in last three starts and a bright future ahead of him. Louisiana Open Brett Wetterrich - 35/1 - Fired up for success and plenty of course form including a win. John Merrick - 22/1 - The conditions should suit a man taking a step down in class. Kia Classic In-Kyung Kim - 18/1 - Relentlessly consistent and playing on her home course.
    Posted by shazallin
    Fowler currently tied 5th so has a chance, small chance of win but hopfully get a place, Wetterrich leads after 3 rounds!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Good luck shaz, i hope fowler goes well. You certainly won't miss him in his customary Sunday orange outfit.
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited March 2011
    Unlucky splashies with paul lawrie bet a week out; a mate of mine also bet him last week but didn't this week but he has got £25 ew on martin Laird this week, mbn.