You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The sickest beat i ever faced!

DevilDonkDevilDonk Member Posts: 5
edited June 2009 in Poker Chat

This happened last night at a live game that happens where i live! Bearing in mind this takes place in a pub so its full on old guys thinkin they are amirillo slim!!

anyhow, heres how it goes!

4 handed

Blinds are 1200/600

I was pretty much short stacked all the way through, i have 6200 so i have an "M" of around the 4 mark lets say!

In the 2 hours i was sat there not one preflop all in was called.

I'm UTG with Kc Kd and limp for 1200
2nd guy folds
BTN folds
SB with about a 12k stack completes
BB with 28k (chip leader of the torney) checks

Flop comes 4s Jc 2c

SB Checks
BB Bets 1700
I'm all in....here i'm calling the 1700 and shipping my last 3200

There is now 10200 in the pot and it costs villain 3200 to call

SB Folds
BB announces the "he has got f*ck all" (his words) then announces that "this is going to be a miracle? I automatically assume he's got somethin like J4, J2s, 42??

No!!!!!!!

He flips over Qh7c and claims the he's going to hit a backdoor flush? i have the Kc so lets hope so!

Turn is 7c
River is Qd

Comments

• Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited June 2009
    In Response to The sickest beat i ever faced!:
    This happened last night at a live game that happens where i live! Bearing in mind this takes place in a pub so its full on old guys thinkin they are amirillo slim!! anyhow, heres how it goes! 4 handed Blinds are 1200/600 I was pretty much short stacked all the way through, i have 6200 so i have an "M" of around the 4 mark lets say! In the 2 hours i was sat there not one preflop all in was called. I'm UTG with Kc Kd and limp for 1200 2nd guy folds BTN folds SB with about a 12k stack completes BB with 28k (chip leader of the torney) checks Flop comes 4s Jc 2c SB Checks BB Bets 1700 I'm all in....here i'm calling the 1700 and shipping my last 3200 There is now 10200 in the pot and it costs villain 3200 to call SB Folds BB announces the "he has got f*ck all" (his words) then announces that "this is going to be a miracle? I automatically assume he's got somethin like J4, J2s, 42?? No!!!!!!! He flips over Qh7c and claims the he's going to hit a backdoor flush? i have the Kc so lets hope so! Turn is 7c River is Qd
    Posted by DevilDonk
    you want to have a word with the dealer mate cos with the looks of it you have got two 7 of clubs in that pack lol
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: The sickest beat i ever faced!:
    In Response to The sickest beat i ever faced! : you want to have a word with the dealer mate cos with the looks of it you have got two 7 of clubs in that pack lol
    Posted by webby234
    Lmao webby, great shout!!!

yeh thats pretty sick, but to be honest if i only had 5 blinds and im UTG with such a strong hand i would do the hollywood style and say sumin like right well here goes, iv got f'all but BB next hand so lets gamble... try talk them into a call...

Also i though "m" was how many 3x BB's you had so therefor you had less than 2 'Ms'
  • Options
    LB44LB44 Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2009

Should have stuck all ya chips in , with your stack that low and the blinds so high, you dont really wanna let the blinds come in for free with ace rag, and then if an A flop hits and one of the blinds bets out, what do you do now? Go all in hoping they having got an ace or fold and lose 18% of your stack. Stick them in and then  your part is done.

• Options
    YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: The sickest beat i ever faced!:
    In Response to Re: The sickest beat i ever faced! : Also i though "m" was how many 3x BB's you had so therefor you had less than 2 'Ms'
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I believe an 'M' is actually how many rounds you have left, so when there are no antes in play 1M = 1.5 x BB. For the record, though, I prefer thinking of the size of my stack in terms of Big Blinds.