You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

How do I get rid of this hex??

dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Not a whiny post at all, but Im just going through the most horrid run of luck in the tournies. Consistantly getting my money in MILES ahead but am getting busted every time! Just now i moved all in with AK vs AJ got beat with J on river. Last night in the TV tourney AK vs JQ (ok this one aint all that bad but was all in pre flop and villain woulda been crippled if lost) last night in the deepie flopped 2 pair against QQ knocked out with runner runner flush.

What do I do?? Im pretty sure my bettings spot on asall the chips are in whilst im ahead, just killer out draws................................

Comments

• acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    Hi daz

Poker is a game of varience, this does happen, it is how we deal with it that can cause problems, if you feel you are going to go "On Tilt", or if it carries on, take a break from poker, it does have to change at sometime, it is just when.

Good luck on the tables (You never know it may help :)
  • fingers615fingers615 Member Posts: 154
    edited September 2009
    Just keep at it. You know its gonna change. I wish you luck mate.
  • elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited September 2009
    I've been through this and know lots of players who have had the same. It happens at the very top end, the pro's get it too. It will go away sometime, the thing is to stay positive and don't let the gremlins get inside your head. Try to keep your game together and it will change. Better still take some time away, lose the negative thoughts, and comeback refreshed.

I can recommend Jam making and filling out insurance forms to distract you from the gremlins (it works for me). Apparently train appreciation societies work well too.
  • dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
    edited September 2009
    I guess my frustration comes from playing alot of cash. When that kinda thing happens on cash i just reload and pray the donk does the same again lol, but with freezout tournies and my TAG game (where I prob only play 3 or 4 hands per hour) it would be nice if my hands held up (even somewhere around the %'s they should!). I know I should look at it long term rather than just a few tournies in a row. So with that in mind im gonna go splash on some Brut, put on Ice Road Truckers or something and "Man Up" as they say lol

Cheers guys
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited September 2009
    hi
    You could stand on your head and get your partner to play with your gentlemans veg.
    It wont change you luck but i'll guarantee you wont be thinking about poker lol.
    col
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2009
    hello daz.... sometimes its good to change ur label so to speak... maybe try being a "lag/maniac on a session... just to add a bit of variety to ur style... i often do this as when ur getting done all the time sometimes its worth just a little bit of variation and mix up to ur game...just a suggestion... good luck;-)
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: How do I get rid of this hex??:
    hello daz.... sometimes its good to change ur label so to speak... maybe try being a "lag/maniac on a session... just to add a bit of variety to ur style... i often do this as when ur getting done all the time sometimes its worth just a little bit of variation and mix up to ur game...just a suggestion... good luck;-)
    Posted by jimbo31
    "often" or "always"??? :-)
    edited September 2009
    hi You could stand on your head and get your partner to play with your gentlemans veg. It wont change you luck but i'll guarantee you wont be thinking about poker lol. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    lmao!!

Just tried it, missus said "so where do you want me to put this cucumber".......... my luck continues
    edited September 2009
    Posted by jimbo31
    Cheers Jimbo

Ill give it a bash, im not the best bluffer to be honest - always seem to get caught lol

Thanks for the luck though!