You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Weekend footy betting (25th-27th)

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited March 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Another weekend is upon us & yet again I have that feeling that maybe the footy gods will be nice to me & give me a winner :)

Because of the Euro qualifiers this weekend there's no action in the top two divisions but we've got action from League 1 downwards & as there's some games tomorrow evening I thought I'd get started earlier than normal.

For the time being it's just the one bet for tomorrow night

Friday Night Treble:

Peterborough to beat Bristol Rovers (A) @ 10/11
MK Dons to beat Walsall (H) @ 4/6
Holland to beat Hungary (A) @ 1/2

These 3 pay a decent enough 18/5

Monday night was the first time in 26 games that Peterborough had failed to score. In fact it was only the 3rd time in all competitions this season that they'd failed to score so that would suggest that they'll get back on the goal trail & hopefully winning ways in Bristol in Friday night. Prior to Monday night's defeat they'd been in really good form winning 7 & drawing 1 of their last 8 & they'll want to get back to winning ways here & get their automatic promotion push back on track. Bristol Rovers are currently 3rd from bottom & 4 points from safety but recent form suggests they won't be cutting that deficit this weekend. They have won 2 of their last 6 & both of those wins have come against fellow strugglers Notts Co & Tranmere. However look a little deeper & it's easy to see why they are where they are as they've only won 3 of their last 12, losing 9 of them. Peterborough have won the last 3 meetings between them & they should make that 4 tomorrow night.
MK Dons are another side in great form & have been very strong at home this season too. Monday night's win at home to Peterborough was their 6th from their last 7 home & away, a run that also includes a 1-0 home victory against league leaders Brighton too. struggling Walsall are the visitors tomorrow night & whilst they might have been a coupon buster had they been at home, it should be a different story on the road. They've only won 3 from 19 away from the Bank's stadium this season with only 1 of those coming in 2011 when they won at Carlisle back in February. MK Dons won the reverse fixture 2-1 back in August & should complete the double here.
Being away from home Hungary have the potential to make life a little difficult for Holland but I'll be surprised to say the least if the Dutch don't come away from this Euro qualifier with maximum points. Hungary have scored 10 goals in their 2 home fixtures in this qualifying campaign but 8 of those were against San Marino! These 2 sides also met last summer in a pre World Cup freindly where Holland ran out 6-1 winners. 

Good luck if you're having a go & I'll try & get my Saturday picks up here tomorrow night

Jay

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2011
    On to tomorrow's games & I've found another small priced treble that appeals

Saturday Treble

Brighton to beat Swindon (H) @ 1/2
    Chesterfield to beat Barnet (A) @ evens
    Dundee to beat Cowdenbeath (H) @ 1/3

These 3 pay 3/1

Backing Brighton at home against anyone in this division this season has generally always been a good bet, so backing them against a struggling side with only 2 wins from 18 on the road this season is as close to a banker as you're ever gonna get. There's good reasons why Brighton are top of league 1 & the fact that they have yet to lose a league game at the Withdean this season is one of them. They're in fantastic form at the moment & have only lost once in their last 12 whilst they've also kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 6 too. Swindon are currently 2nd bottom at the moment & have won only once in the last 18! They did manage a point at Huddersfield last weekend although the result doesn't tell the whole story as they were absolutely battered. They won't get off lightly this time though.
    Chesterfield know that promotion & probably some silverware is within touching distance now. Top of League 2, they're currently 13 points clear of 2nd & 3rd place Bury & Wycombe (although they have played a game more them both of them too). Maximum points at struggling Barnet will inch them closer to their target & they should be too strong for them. Mad dog Martin Allen has returned to Barnet to try & save them from the drop & it's quite clear he's got a mammoth job on his hands to get enough points from their remaining 8 games. Last weekend they went 1-0 up before eventually losing 2-1 at home to fellow strugglers Morecambe. It's unlikely that Chesterfield will match the 5 they put past Rotherham last week but they should take the points here.
    Had Dundee not been docked 25 points they would be 5 points clear in the first division now. They're still unbeaten at home & host a Cowdenbeath side who are currently 2nd from bottom. Ironically Dundee's last league defeat came away at Cowdenbeath in September but they've met twice since & Dundee have won both games comfortably. 

Good luck if you're having a go tonight or tomorrow

Jay
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited March 2011
    I've got:

Serbia to beat N. Ireland
    England to beat Wales
    Rep. of Ireland to beat whoever they're playing
    Germany to beat Kazakhstan
    Brazil to beat Scotland

16/5

I'll be amazed if I've got half of them right. 
  • Options
    shazallinshazallin Member Posts: 558
    edited March 2011
    for tonight got Torquay, Italy, Peterboro pays just under a ton for a tenner
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (25th-27th):
    for tonight got Torquay, Italy, Peterboro pays just under a ton for a tenner
    Posted by shazallin
    Another week and another bet against my team!

Here is mine for today:

Grimsby v Tamworth @ 8/13
    Barnet v Chesterfield @ 19/20
    Stockport v Southend @ 11/8
    Port Vale v Bury @ 6/4
    Leyton Orient v Yeovil @ 5/6

£5 acca pays £171.45

Morecambe v Wycombe @ 6/4
    Aldershot v Accrington Stanley @ 15/8
    Dagenham & Red v Sheff Weds @ 7/4
    Bournemouth v Charlton @ 11/4

£2 acca pays £148.24

• Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Weekend footy betting (25th-27th):
    Peterborough to beat Bristol Rovers (A) @ 10/11
    MK Dons to beat Walsall (H) @ 4/6
    Holland to beat Hungary (A) @ 1/2

I added Italy and Brentford for a nice 27 - 1 acca and 4s from 5

Peterborough and MK Dons both draw and thats £100 lost!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Weekend footy betting (25th-27th) : Peterborough to beat Bristol Rovers (A) @ 10/11 MK Dons to beat Walsall (H) @ 4/6 Holland to beat Hungary (A) @ 1/2 I added Italy and Brentford for a nice 27 - 1 acca and 4s from 5 Peterborough and MK Dons both draw and thats £100 lost!!!!
    Posted by kaymac
    Just to make it worse, did you see the miss from MK Dons late on? I can't remember the guys name now but he hit the underside of the bar from a yard out!!!
  • Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (25th-27th) : Just to make it worse, did you see the miss from MK Dons late on? I can't remember the guys name now but he hit the underside of the bar from a yard out!!!
    Posted by silentbob
    I know and Peterborough should have destroyed Bristol

someone up there doesn't like us!!!!!