You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

JUST WONDERING WHY??

jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
HI... JUST WONDERING WHY THE FIVE 00 HAS BEEN REPLACED BY A 10 K BOUNTY HUNTER THIS THURSDAY...AND HAS THE FIVE 00 NOW BEEN WRITTEN OFF?? JUST INQUIRING... CHEERS JIM;)

Comments

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    I was thinking that as well... may be doing alternate weeks like the primo... more B/H's ... **SIGH**
  • Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited September 2009
    Ya so many BH so bored of them now, lets just change the whole site 2 BH

That would be just brill imo, lol
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    wtfudge the 5-00 is the best of the flagship tournies.  not happy about this.
  • TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited September 2009
    In Response to JUST WONDERING WHY??:
    HI... JUST WONDERING WHY THE FIVE 00 HAS BEEN REPLACED BY A 10 K BOUNTY HUNTER THIS THURSDAY...AND HAS THE FIVE 00 NOW BEEN WRITTEN OFF?? JUST INQUIRING... CHEERS JIM;)
    Posted by jimbo31
    no more bh tourneys please ,this site is in jeopody of turning into a bingo hall ,loose play and allin bingo shouts is not promoting good play ,we should b downsizing the amount of bh mtt on here ,not promoting more ......... by replacing the 5 00 i think is a huge mistake gl at the tables all ten
  • _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited September 2009
    Five00 is one of the better tourns, without this leaves just the deepstacks... not alot for the mtt player on this site at the mo imo...
  • Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    edited September 2009
    Pretty obvious what thier trying to do.

When the £33 primo freezeout runs a £22 BH will run on thursday

When the £33 Bh runs a £22 freezeout will run on the thursday aka the normal five-0

Its a stupid move by sky in my opinion because the five-oo and the primo are the best MTT tournies on the site atm with 100+ runners. We need more normal structured and format tournaments if the site truly wants to grow,

Hello,

rebuys
    HU tournies
    Shootouts
    10+ blinds freezouts

• razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    b hunters zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited September 2009
    I can't understand why in the middle of a recession when money is obviously tight Sky is running more and more higher priced tournaments.  IMO they should go back to the old format of having the Primo once a month and have more lower buying games.  Even though they have reduced the buyins to £30 + £3 they number of players each week is getting fewer and fewer
  • TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited September 2009
    its now 2320 and im looking for a mtt 2 play ,this is whats on offer  1 minute roulette 2330  ,400 bounty hunter 2330  ,300 bounty hunter 2345  ,bounty hunter 2355  , 400 gtd 2400 ,then back 2 1 minute roulette at 2400 ,nothing of interest here 4 me ,except 4 the 400 gtd and i have 2 wait 40 mins for it 2 start,why all these  bounty hunter mtts ,in the next hour we have 3 bounty hunters 2 1 minute rouletts 1 scary and the 400 gtd ,its not very appealing ,im gonna bed
  • KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited September 2009

A part of me says it's a good decision, it means mtt players aren't paying £55 in main event buyins in 2 nights, it will now be £22 one week and £33 the next week (Thursday night Five00, Friday night Primo). It also means BH players can get a bigger buyin televised tourney they can play, possibly resulting in a higher standard of play perhaps...

Another part of me says it's a bad decsion, the Five00 is the most recognisable sky poker tournament, it is the only 9pm main event that if I'm available I'll try my very hardest to satellite into it.

I suppose though, sky have to try new things once every so often, if it works then great, if it doesn't then they'd have learned a lesson about what works and what doesn't.
    Also, the mtt players have the 7pm deep stacks every night (I think), which do have a better standard of player in them. If they don't want to enter the BH, they can go if for the ds, for a similar buyin most nights.

• phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: JUST WONDERING WHY??:
    A part of me says it's a good decision, it means mtt players aren't paying £55 in main event buyins in 2 nights, it will now be £22 one week and £33 the next week (Thursday night Five00, Friday night Primo). It also means BH players can get a bigger buyin televised tourney they can play, possibly resulting in a higher standard of play perhaps... Another part of me says it's a bad decsion, the Five00 is the most recognisable sky poker tournament, it is the only 9pm main event that if I'm available I'll try my very hardest to satellite into it. I suppose though, sky have to try new things once every so often, if it works then great, if it doesn't then they'd have learned a lesson about what works and what doesn't. Also, the mtt players have the 7pm deep stacks every night (I think), which do have a better standard of player in them. If they don't want to enter the BH, they can go if for the ds, for a similar buyin most nights.
    Posted by Kevilfish
    Unfortunately, the ds for £22 has a guarantee or £400, the 7pm ds has no guarantee whilst the bh for the same buy in will have a SIGNIFICANTLY higher prize pool. 
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2009
    ANY ANSWER TO THIS PLEASE AS I THINK THE PLAYERS HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW!!
    edited September 2009
    Yes i agree jimbo far 2 many bh. hope this is a 1 off
  • KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited September 2009
    I wish we could go back to the olden days of the five-0 myself. Fifty players, high buy in and a cracking structure. There are already far too many bounty hunters as it is.
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2009
    Hi guys,

after all the feedback i have a quick message from the poker team for you all...

every Thursday there will be a £10,000 bounty hunter and....

every Friday there will be a £15,000 primo (all tournament details remanding the same - buy–in £30+£3, start time 21:00, chipstack 2000, 10 min blinds etc)

thanks everyone

• MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited September 2009
    five .o wednesday or sat??? not that it makes a differance 2 me...... have 2 start nights soon grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr no more poker.
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Not so bad... id rather have the Primo weekly with 10 min blinds than the five00 7 mins
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited September 2009
    ANY ANSWER TO THIS PLEASE AS I THINK THE PLAYERS HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW!!
    Posted by jimbo31
    i agree jimbo,i as going to start a thread untill i saw this one,yet another popular comp is replaced by a bounty hunter tourny! 1 dont kno hy sky has such a fixation about them? they dont earn sky more money,do they?
    the 25k primo as always a sell out no thats been downgraded to 15k,there are plenty of bounty hunter comps with out losing the popular comps
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: JUST WONDERING WHY?? : i agree jimbo,i as going to start a thread untill i saw this one,yet another popular comp is replaced by a bounty hunter tourny! 1 dont kno hy sky has such a fixation about them? they dont earn sky more money,do they? the 25k primo as always a sell out no thats been downgraded to 15k,there are plenty of bounty hunter comps with out losing the popular comps
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Totally agree dave, bhunters r taking over the sky world as we know it