You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

So many problems

penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,095
edited January 2012 in Community Help & Advice

Tonights problems with the big slowdown made the site virtually unplayable, but nobody from Sky has responded in the forum.

But there are so many other glitches we just have to live with. It would be good if we could have explanations, apologies, and timescales for fixing them.

Download version fails for me 3 or 4 times a week. I have lost out many times having to switch to browser when multitabling tournaments. Even that often does not work and I have to uninstall and reload the download again while my chips dwindle away.

Since last upgrade lobbies are unusable (although for a couple of hours I could have two lobbies open together which was great). The stated aim of the upgrade was not achieved, and the player listings are now useless.

Many of us are struggling to post hands in the forum. Half the time they just come up as gobbledygook.

Also a lot of occasional problems, like tables freezing, or when in miniview being unable to see my cards because my blind is on top of them.

Comments

• Options
    LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited March 2011
    at 16:25 everyday i get a 15second freeze

• Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited March 2011
    In Response to So many problems:
    Tonights problems with the big slowdown made the site virtually unplayable, but nobody from Sky has responded in the forum. But there are so many other glitches we just have to live with. It would be good if we could have explanations, apologies, and timescales for fixing them. Download version fails for me 3 or 4 times a week. I have lost out many times having to switch to browser when multitabling tournaments. Even that often does not work and I have to uninstall and reload the download again while my chips dwindle away. Since last upgrade lobbies are unusable (although for a couple of hours I could have two lobbies open together which was great). The stated aim of the upgrade was not achieved, and the player listings are now useless. Many of us are struggling to post hands in the forum. Half the time they just come up as gobbledygook. Also a lot of occasional problems, like tables freezing, or when in miniview being unable to see my cards because my blind is on top of them.
    Posted by penguin7
    Hi Tony,

I appreciate how frustrating the slow down must have been for everyone affected and i'm sorry that we didnt communicate this to the forum. We always do our best to communicate issues, however on this occasion this clearly didn't happen - all i can do is apologise and assure you that we'll review this to try and ensure that this doesn't happen again in the future.

The cause of the slowdown was a server issue, which would have been intermittent and we've put a fix in place to stop this happening again.

For the rest of the points you make, have you raised these issues with c/care, as I'm not aware of any of them being reported to our tech team to investigate? If they've been raised and not passed on then please let me know and i'll handle it internally.

I'll drop you an email now with all the info we need to investigate these problems, you can deal with me directly and I can assure you that these will be investigated properly.

The exception is the tournament lobby sorting. We do have a fix for this problem and I had hoped to have released this by now, however we have had further issues with this in tetsing. I appreciate it's annoying, but I promise we are doing our best to get this fix out, we'll communicate on here once the fix is ready for release.

Lol_Raise: We are looking at your issue now, with tables freezing at 16:25, we don't need  any more info from you at this stage.

Kind Regards

Adam

• Options
    1dirtydog1dirtydog Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2012
    playing 6 seat  cash ring game master cash 9  on 30th dec 23 30 i was left heads up with a player and there was a string of players trying to get seated but couldnt .i found that a bit dodgy and now today i was sat out of ring game not disconnected and  it wouldnt let me get back in . these glitches are getting worse and wot with my huge winning then losing streaks i feel this site is faulty if not rigged .  who else feels something is wrong with sky poker
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited January 2012
    Why find such an old thread out to post this ?

The cash table problem got sorted as soon as the major tournaments from that evening had ended.

• Options
    mallrat12mallrat12 Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2012
    does anyone else have any problems with the screen being frozen, it tends to happen in the middle of a hand when waiting on other players to act, their green bar runs down and nothing happens by the time you return to the hand its over and I've been timed out.  the reason I ask is im not sure if its a sky poker problem or my broadband. 
  • Options
    penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited January 2012
    Strange that people have chosen to reopen one of my threads from 9 months back.

But it is good to note that from my point of view ALL of the glitches I was experiencing at the time were rectified and forgotten.

And some of them MAY have been connected with my broadband rather than Sky software.

One thing I used to do for an immediate fix to a frozen table was to switch between miniview and fullsize. This was only sometimes successful. And persistent freezing problems in the download were not always happening in the browser.

The only small problem I get now is when playing while having the browser open for forum posting. Sometimes when a tournament is launched both the client and the browser will continually try to open the same table. Causes chaos when multi tabling and the only solution is closing the browser.