You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

ipad 2 - Sky compatible

ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
edited May 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Anyone know if I buy an ipad 2 if I can play sky poker on the go?

I know apple have issues with flash player.

Comments

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited April 2011
    I've heard of people playing poker remotely on iPads but it's not straight forward.  To do it you need to have a  remote desktop app running on the iPad and then you would "remote into" your actual PC where the game is taking place.

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited April 2011
    isn't Sky ran on Flash, which Apple don't support?
  • ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: ipad 2 - Sky compatible:
    isn't Sky ran on Flash, which Apple don't support?
    Posted by scotty77
    Yeah thats the issue. Thing is flash is used for so many multimedia applications that I cant buy an ipad until there is at least something compatible that will allow things like sky poker to run on them.

Personally I just think its another way for apple to consumer manipulate, I know they are developing their own version of flash.

Thats one reason why I bought a samsung galaxy s instead of an iphone, and frankly for a lot less money its a better device. 
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited April 2011
    also another reason is that apple don't allow anything gambling related to be sold as an official app.

if they did, im pretty certain that the bigger sites would have apps out already.
  • donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited April 2011
    Why don't apple use flash?

Is it the work of the devil or something!

I have an i phone and lack of flash is the most annoying thing about it!

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited April 2011
    The point is if you use a remote desktop app such as LogMeIn Ignition then Flash isn't running on the iPad it's running on the desktop (PC or Mac I assume) you are remotely controlling.
  • DekaBigDekaBig Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2011
    Come on sky. Get going on Ipad compatibility.
    There is one online poker site which works on Ipad so it is not impossible.

I have a £400+ piece of kit (my Ipad) which is waiting to get on the tables.

Chop chop.

DekaBig
  • tapewormtapeworm Member Posts: 432
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: ipad 2 - Sky compatible:
    also another reason is that apple don't allow anything gambling related to be sold as an official app. if they did, im pretty certain that the bigger sites would have apps out already.
    Posted by scotty77
    im sure i read an article this week about FT being able to played on the Ipad.....maybe it was through that remote desktop thingy though.....
  • YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited May 2011
    I've often wished you could i have an ipad but dont use the thing :(
  • ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited May 2011
    Im not getting an Ipad, im waiting for the samsung galaxy 10.1 to be released, it will have flash applications and therefore should run sky no problem.
  • lMARKllMARKl Member Posts: 254
    edited May 2011
    The HTC Flyer supports flash so it should work on there