You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Frequent lost connection and how to reconnect?

CINEMASHOWCINEMASHOW Member Posts: 6
edited April 2011 in Community Help & Advice

Although I registered for Sky Poker a while ago I have just started playing recreationally on a regular basis - 2p/4p cash and £2 MTTs. I like Sky Poker cos of the tie-in with the TV channel but am becoming frustrated by the frequent disconnections and I don't know if it is Sky problem or my ISP (who is Orange and pretty poor themselves) or both. This seems to happen at crucial times and is costing me money. Just this afternoon ( 1st April) , five other players called 4p. I raised to 12p on the button with AQ and the flop came AQ4 or similar. Then I lost connection and by the time I got back I had been folded.

When I lose connection ( which seems to happen every day), I watch the green bar try to re-connect me and then click the reload box. Quite often I seem to get back to the table only to lose it straight away with a message that I have to regiser in again. This has the effect of me losing my seat at the table.

Two summary questions

Does everyone suffer these frequnt disconnections or is it just me ...or just Orange

What is the quickest way back to the cash table and do I have a chance of getting back before my nut hand is folded!

Thanks

Comments

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited April 2011
    Are you playing the download or through a web browser ?

Have you got a router or just a modem ?

How do you connect your pc/laptop to your router/modem ?

• oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited April 2011
    Are you using a mobile broadband dongle?
  • CINEMASHOWCINEMASHOW Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2011
    I use my laptop with the Sky software. The connection is wireless to out Orange broadband router which is wired into our desktop. I am concerned that the issue is a Sky-Orange issue since I can lose Skypoker but retain BBC, EBay etc

Thanks
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited April 2011
    Try closing all other pages and apps while you are playing, having other pages open can interfere with the connection to sky--gl
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited April 2011
    Even on a wired connection I get the odd connection issue but running wireless connections your are more prone to connection problems when playing online games.

I agree with oynutter, when playing don't have anything else open on your laptop that's using the net connection.

Also check the wireless connection signal strength, you want this to be as strong as possible when playing online games.

Also sometimes changing the channel that your wireless connection is running on can help some people, although that tends to be when it's effecting just general web browsing too.

• CINEMASHOWCINEMASHOW Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for advice - seems to be a bit better
  • AJW1976AJW1976 Member Posts: 295
    edited April 2011
    whos hijacking the connection then or is it someone tampering with the bandwidth ?? obvs someone knows