You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Playing on the download and getting lag?

debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
edited April 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Why am i getting so much lag on the tables? this week in particular has been a real nightmare.The amount of times i have not been able to make a c bet,raise or call after commiting alot of chips with a big hand has been unreal.Ive spoken to several players on the tables and most have said it is also happening to them so this is not really isolated.What causes this? anyone have any idea?

Gl at the tables

xx

Comments

• DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Playing on the download and getting lag?:
    Why am i getting so much lag on the tables? this week in particular has been a real nightmare.The amount of times i have not been able to make a c bet,raise or call after commiting alot of chips with a big hand has been unreal.Ive spoken to several players on the tables and most have said it is also happening to them so this is not really isolated.What causes this? anyone have any idea? Gl at the tables xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    i think this is something that seriously needs to be addressed.
    my table had the same thing for 20 mins of the tourny,where we could not bet call etc,the cards took 30 seconds to be dealt so we basically got blinded out by the time it returned to normal.
    customer care just brushed me aside and said it never affected play!
    for me sky is the best site and is where  i have won most of my money.
    but i have never had theses problems on other sites and i have had them on here on quite a number of occassions.

• debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the reply davey and tbh IF i decided to contact customer care i would HAVE TO give them several hundred hands that in the past wek i have been affected by,so i think that is probably out of the question anyway.It would be nice though IF sky made some kind of comment on this.

Gd luck at the tables davey xxx
  • fitzer14fitzer14 Member Posts: 248
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Playing on the download and getting lag?:
    Why am i getting so much lag on the tables? this week in particular has been a real nightmare.The amount of times i have not been able to make a c bet,raise or call after commiting alot of chips with a big hand has been unreal.Ive spoken to several players on the tables and most have said it is also happening to them so this is not really isolated.What causes this? anyone have any idea? Gl at the tables xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    im afraid for this reason and this reason only i have had no choice but to play my tourny and cash poker elsewhere,with the exeption of takin a chance with spt qualies.......it was happening on so many occasions,sometimes my hole cards where from previous flops,if i ever wanted to raise with A-A,K-K etc etc.i was foced to push all-in pre as sometimes i was not given the chance to c bet or raise a re-raise,therefore having my original bet folded to any returned action.i hope sky can sort this out as i have heard of so many others suffering the same problems.....

GL at the tables FITZ.
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited April 2011
    What kind of connection have you got there Debs?
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited April 2011

The Lag on this site is getting worse with every 'up grade' IMHO.

I think it will only be taken more seriously when a few more of the high BR players start to complain.

Two nights on the trot I have been d/c on here but I know, like debs, I will not get any joy reporting it to CC.

I have been described by someone on Sky as 'just a disgruntled' customer and been 'advised' by a mod not to even bother using this forum, but I feel if Sky doesnt  look into some of these download problems soon and start listening to ALL their clients, more and more paying customers are not going to be confident enough to use it.

Mini rant over......for now.
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Playing on the download and getting lag?:
    What kind of connection have you got there Debs?
    Posted by oynutter
    Hi Oynutter,i have a wireless connection and am with Talk Talk but i do not get any probs at all either with internet or downloads other than on THIS site xxx
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Playing on the download and getting lag?:
    The Lag on this site is getting worse with every 'up grade' IMHO. I think it will only be taken more seriously when a few more of the high BR players start to complain. Two nights on the trot I have been d/c on here but I know, like debs, I will not get any joy reporting it to CC. I have been described by someone on Sky as 'just a disgruntled' customer and been 'advised' by a mod not to even bother using this forum, but I feel if Sky doesnt  look into some of these download problems soon and start listening to ALL their clients, more and more paying customers are not going to be confident enough to use it. Mini rant over......for now.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yep this sums it all up very well xxx