You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What is it about Sunday?

dtm75dtm75 Member Posts: 263
edited April 2011 in Brags, Beats and Variance
Had an unmitigated disaster, and it seems to be repeated almost every Sunday.  Whatever the format, DYM, Omaha, MTT, satellites

Normal course of events, poach a few chips, win a few decent hands, sit in the top 30% after the first hour and then flop the absolute world and pray I get paid.

J10 - 798 flop rainbow. 

35s (in the bb) - 467 rainbow

..was absolutely delighted, and then the biggish stacks raise, I re-raise etc  - on both occassions all the money goes in before the turn.  Both had sets, both house up. 

Am happy that this is just the way the cookie crumbles, but it's always (for me) Primo day, just can't seem to achieve anything, conversely, I seem to run like God on a Friday...

Does anyone else suffer with ill-luck on Sundays?

Comments

• Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited April 2011
    Not really no, sometimes play better with a nice hangover

It's all in the mind my friend unless u play alot hungover on sundays as that could make a difference?
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited April 2011
    I don't seem to run too well on sundays lately.

Last night in three tournaments I crashed out with aces against k/j Offsuit and they hit runner, runner hearts to make a flush. I then went out with Kings against Q/K who hits two queens on the flop. I then went out of the final tourny with my A/J being beaten by Q/8 who again hit two queens on the flop.

Then I went onto the cash tables and had the same bad luck.
  • Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited April 2011
    haha ^^ me too in the Tourneys last night but generally i do well on sundays. recovered most of it on cash tho :P