You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

A bad few days on Sky tables..........

elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
I've not had a happy time in the tourneys over the last few days. I seem to have met better hands (or players) in everything I've entered this past 4 days. I'm not giving up though as hopefully it's a temporary thing. As an insurance policy I've been playing a few tourneys on another UK site at the same time as Sky. I've managed 2 top 16 finishes in the 1000+ runner $35k and $12.5k tourneys so still managing to keep the wolf from the door.

I have kids to feed and they have a preference for 'real' meat. Remember that next time we are at the same table and be gentle with me.

Comments

• elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited September 2009
    In Response to A bad few days on Sky tables..........:
    I've not had a happy time in the tourneys over the last few days. I seem to have met better hands (or players) in everything I've entered this past 4 days. I'm not giving up though as hopefully it's a temporary thing. As an insurance policy I've been playing a few tourneys on another UK site at the same time as Sky. I've managed 2 top 16 finishes in the 1000+ runner $35k and $12.5k tourneys so still managing to keep the wolf from the door. I have kids to feed and they have a preference for 'real' meat. Remember that next time we are at the same table and be gentle with me.
    Posted by elsadog
    Crashed out of the big one tonight but managed to take 2nd in the £1250 BH.........puts me well ahead on the week so I'm a happy bunny wabbit. Had a humdinger H2H but he was too good.
  • RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
    edited September 2009
    Good work Elsa
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Good work, im struggling recently as well... Im contemplating moving away from the regular 7pm d/s games and the 7.30 £22 d/s as they are the popular games... why put myself up against the other good players on the site when there are other "forgotten" tournaments with mainly fish playing in them giving out easy money... Trouble is theres not alot else out there to play :( ... Ill have a good search tonight and see what im going to go for
  • elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited September 2009
    Play some small inexpensive games and work the bad out of your system but remember that playing the fish can give some horrible results. I prefer a small field of good players to alarge field of allcomers. Those inexperienced players will make poor decisions but they will come off for them sometimes. It's also impossible sometimes to put beginners off a hand, they see some paint and think they have the nuts. Representing a flush for instance won't put them off so you are limiting yourself to made hands only. Sometimes a clean break for a day or two is better.