You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bounty Hunter Rake

Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Can someone from Sky advise me as to why the rake on some of the Bounty Hunter tournaments is higher than others.  For example on the £5.00 games the normal rake is £0.50 and on the BH its £0.75 but on the £10.00 BH games the rake is £1.00 the same as a normal game.

I'm not complaining about the fact that there is a rake as I know that Sky need to make money from the players to fund this site but I'm just curious as to why there is a difference in rake percentage for some of the games.

Comments

• loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited September 2009
    ive just posted the same question
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited September 2009
    Maybe now the Forum bugs are fixed we will both get an answer
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2009
    hi kiwi... very good post... ive often wondered this as well... there is a little deepy they do i think £2.00 buy in plus 0.30p?? as well as the £5.75... u work it out over time... all adds up i used to do a lot on here as u probably know.. but unfortunately the daily mtts are pretty poor now... a shame but hey ho!
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2009
    hey guys,

i have passed this on to the Poker team so you should get a response soon.

all the best,

Rich
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for your help Rich much appreciated.
    edited September 2009
    Well here we are two days later and still no response from the Poker team.  Its a shame that this site is spoilt by the poor customer service when it comes to response to "difficult" questions. 

My thanks again to Sky Rich for his efforts to get a response for this question.  

I'm away on holiday at the weekend but when I get back I will once again be raising this issue, assuming that the Poker team haven't responded by then, which on current form I doubt they will. 

Steve
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2009
    Hi Steve,

here is a quick answer for you...

all tournament rake levels are business decisions made when calculating a number of factors including tournament structure, buy-in etc etc.

As this is the case the rake can sometimes differ from the usual 10%, however you will find exactly the same with all Poker sites.

i hope that helps clear things up for you Steve. have a fantastic holiday and see you in the community when you get back.

all the best,

Rich
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the prompt response Rich, and it has helped to clear it up.

Steve
  • loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited September 2009
    if the buy in is over 2 quid and the rake is more than 10% i dont play them but thats just me cos im tight lol
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited September 2009
    I'm kinda curious how it works for a guaranteed BH tourney as well.

Example : it shows as £150 guaranteed....but £75 seems to go into the pot, not sure how the other £75 is split between the players bountys?