You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

bellagio

webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
was just wondering if anyone could confirm if anyone has ever played a hand in sky poker's bellagio?

I think the blinds are 200/100 so i very much doubt it but you never know, also would love to watch people play for that kind of money on sky, i hear people talking about other sites with massive gamblers but i just cant seem to get along with any other poker site, maybe its because i learnt how to play my very first game of poker on here thanks to the tutorials and freerolls or maybe its just a first love?

I have been playing this afternoon but unfortunately it didnt go very well so have not got the required funds to have a game tonight, so just wanna watch some high stakes poker on sky, could anyone suggest something for me or maybe tell a story of the biggest stakes they have seen on sky?

thanks

webby

Comments

• JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited September 2009
    In Response to bellagio:
    was just wondering if anyone could confirm if anyone has ever played a hand in sky poker's bellagio? I think the blinds are 200/100 so i very much doubt it but you never know, also would love to watch people play for that kind of money on sky, i hear people talking about other sites with massive gamblers but i just cant seem to get along with any other poker site, maybe its because i learnt how to play my very first game of poker on here thanks to the tutorials and freerolls or maybe its just a first love? I have been playing this afternoon but unfortunately it didnt go very well so have not got the required funds to have a game tonight, so just wanna watch some high stakes poker on sky, could anyone suggest something for me or maybe tell a story of the biggest stakes they have seen on sky? thanks webby
    Posted by webby234

Hi webby there is only one online site that has super highstakes action and then that is on off its at one of the big american sites.I can suggest a alternative pokertube.com you can watch high stakes poker on there they have full 5 seasons worth some great action and great players.
  • webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2009
    cheers jamie, i'm just floating around the tables watching the £33 DYM at the minute, i dont really wanna watch other sites because sky is the only site i play on and rather than watch other online poker i prefer to watch on here and take notes just incase i come up against some of the players that i watch, i also feel as if i actually know the people who i am watching which might sound a bit weird cos i have never met any of the players on here lol

cheers

webby
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited September 2009
    I've never seen anyone on that table, and I did start a thread ages ago asking the same question as you Webby, but it got no replies.
    It would be good to watch for sure. Players would be joining with possibly £20,000! Rich stuff indeed.
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, i`d like to see some action on that table.  I`ve never seen anything close on here.  I know the cash for points stops increasing once you get to nl300, not sure if that would have anything to do with it, but they should get rewarded higher up imo.

Stars show the final table repeats of the sunday million from time to time with hole cards exposed which is great to watch.  You can see deals being done as well which is interesting
  • chipeeeeechipeeeee Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2009
    with sky's current cash for points system i think that the vast majority of big players would never consider playin here just based on the amount of rakeback they would lose every month
  • elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited September 2009
    Relatively speaking Sky is in it's early days compared to some other sites. And that's no bad thing for the players on here. I've played on most sites from the days when they too were in their infancy. The bigger sites attract massive fields in almost every mtt and the cash tables are either very competitive or very loose. Personally I prefrer smaller sites for my mtt's, the big sites are a minefield and winning any tournament is a minor miracle. The exception to that is the high stakes mtt's but they are very very competitive.

Stick with Sky to learn your craft because very few players on the big sites actually make a profit (despite what they may tell you).
  • inka2003inka2003 Member Posts: 184
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: bellagio:
    I've never seen anyone on that table, and I did start a thread ages ago asking the same question as you Webby, but it got no replies. It would be good to watch for sure. Players would be joining with possibly £20,000! Rich stuff indeed.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Dear NoseyBonk (and Webby)

I recall that when this same question was posted earlier in the year, TIKAY DID reply stating that the Bellagio table had been used.  Don't think he gave any details of who or when though.  I'll meet you on there in 15 minutes for a quick hand or two if you like ? 
  • webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: bellagio : Dear NoseyBonk (and Webby) I recall that when this same question was posted earlier in the year, TIKAY DID reply stating that the Bellagio table had been used.  Don't think he gave any details of who or when though.  I'll meet you on there in 15 minutes for a quick hand or two if you like ? 
    Posted by inka2003
    sounds good can we play for I.O.U's though as i have'nt got the spare cash at the minute for a £200 big bling lol

webby
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Inka2003. I've built my roll upto £380 so it would literally be a hand or two lol. Then again I could double up a few times.... hmmm....

Nah! lol
  • inka2003inka2003 Member Posts: 184
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Inka2003. I've built my roll upto £380 so it would literally be a hand or two lol. Then again I could double up a few times.... hmmm.... Nah! lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk

OK Chaps, no need for this mask and stripy shirt then.  Some other time.

My bankroll is almost the same as yours, thanks mainly to the luckiest ever tourney I've played in. 
    Last night's £1k Velocity ... with 33 left, I could only put in 1890 towards my small blind of 3000.  Managed to win with that well known monster hand 6 4 off.  About 10 hands later I was 1st of 14 and eventually finished 2nd for £223.  Still can't believe it.  Perhaps now's my time to hit the Bellagio ??????