You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker Download Client in Windows 7

TigerChipsTigerChips Member Posts: 15
edited May 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Hi,

After upgrading the OS on my laptop from Vista to Windows 7, I'm having problems with the download client.
I've downloaded everything ok but when I try to run the client software all I get is it is 'Initialising....'
I've even rebooted and uninstalled the software and re-installed it but I keep getting the same problem.

Please can you help.

TigerChips

Comments

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited May 2011
    This sounds like a firewall issue, are you using any anti-virus/firewall software other than the standard Windows 7 built in firewall?

If you are then try finding the Firewall sections and make sure SkyPoker.exe is on the allowed list for inbound/outbound connections.

• TigerChipsTigerChips Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for your reply Machka....
    I'm using the free version of Avast anti virus software but there is no firewall section there.
    I've tried everything I can think of but it's still not working.
    Will just have to play via the browser for now :-(
  • Sky_PokerSky_Poker Member Posts: 2,715
    edited May 2011
    Hi TigerChips,

is this still a problem?

The download client is compatible with Windows 7 - we use this OS both at work and home and have never seen this problem in running the client.

Machka's advice is good, it does sound like some form of firewall is blocking the connection in the download client on initialisation.

You could try uninstalling the download client again (unnstall adobe AIR too) then initiate a new download and perhaps try an alternate location to install to. There is an option to change the destination directory - i assume its currently going into 'Program Files - /> Sky Poker. You could try putting it straight on the C: -> Sky Poker and see if that makes a difference.

Other than that I'd recommend again looking at your antivirus software as it sounds to me that is likely the issue.

Please let us know how you get on

Sky Poker Team
  • TigerChipsTigerChips Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2011
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice but I don't think it's a firewall issue as the download client won't even load in safe mode.
    My OS is Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Is the download client compatible with the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Professional?

Thanks
    TigerChips
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client in Windows 7:
    Hi Guys, Thanks for the advice but I don't think it's a firewall issue as the download client won't even load in safe mode. My OS is Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Is the download client compatible with the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Professional? Thanks TigerChips
    Posted by TigerChips
    Yes, I'm running Win 7 Pro 64 bit and although the download app is 32 bit it runs just fine.