You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Gross online MTT beat.

AMYBRAMYBR Member Posts: 3,432
edited May 2011 in Brags, Beats and Variance
Still to peed off to go int o great detail last 20 of 1700 field, I have 800k blinds 6k/12k.  Open the button with 5's.

SB BB call.  Flop comes 5d10h4d.  SB opens half pot, BB calls.  I decide not to protect against the diamonds and min raise.  Both Opponents call.

5d10h4d4c.

SB open shoves 500k, BB calls I jam 5's full of 4s for the 500k +.  BB calls having hit a set of 4's on the flop, turning his 1 outer to quads.  2.4 Million chip pot, last 20 players next largest stack havng 450k.

Gutted :(

Comments

• Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited May 2011
    can u not post HH so we dont know your not making it up ;)

woah your pretty deep if those chipstacks are accurate nice
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Are you actually accusing me of making it up?  Why would I?  what would be the point?

This was on PS, trust me I'd love to post it, so i could share the grossness.

Its just sick.  Got to figure you keep the diamonds in, as your chips are going in regardless.  Then you see that at showdown.  Endless.
  • Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited May 2011
    Yeah i know your not making it up, just messing in regards to stacksizes dont take offence lol

pretty sick similar to cash hand i posted on here yesterday but im sure yours cost you alot more mine only about £45 sick game poker ul
  • Options
    RAB642RAB642 Member Posts: 417
    edited May 2011
    you should mabye fold your 5s  the way you fold your 2s and you still be in lol
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    not with around 80bb's
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited May 2011
    Ouch, nasty, in the early stages you can laugh off a beat like that, but when it's that deep it really hurts.

This is nowhere near as bad as yours, but I got fatally crippled in a 2800 runner rebuy on Stars yesterday when I got it AIPF with my AQs v AJo, he binked the J. There were about 200 left, I would've had a top 10 stack if it had held.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Just no fun is it.  A friend of mine claims worst beat he ever took was getting it all in on a AKK flop holding K's vs A's, A binking the river for quads over Quads late in a serious tourney.

Laptop, foot, window, broken glass, if it were me.
  • Options
    RAB642RAB642 Member Posts: 417
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Gross online MTT beat.:
    not with around 80bb's
    Posted by AMYBR
    i`m only playin with ye ma man, dont worry we all get the biggy bad beats, but sometimes they go for us, for your bad beat the other guy got the good beat next time could be your time  chin up and good luck next time. 
  • Options
    LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited May 2011
    yeah this is pretty dirty but its karma for minraising with a set!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Karma shmarma :p

Just had one of those gut reactions where I figured my stack was going in regardless, so opted to not protect vs diamonds and then jam turn.  Well, that was the plan :(
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Lol, perhaps Karma.  Got my 1 outer back today.

MTT, pretty deep, good wage.  Last 50 of 1300.

Tables pretty loose, lots of limps in this one particular hand.  I have around 280 BB's.  I limp along on the button with 3h5h.  BB makes it 3.5xb to go, all else fold I spew call in position.  Flop comes

K55.  He checks I bet half pot.  He calls.  Turn comes K55  J.  He checks, I feel he has to have something, bit worried about J's as I put him on PicPP.  I bet half pot, he min raises me back.  I tell myself he cant have J's or K's, but he easily can - and does.  I pop him back strong, he jams but I spew call again.  He has K's.  I bink the case 5 on the river.  PRETTY DARN SICK (for him).  Massive double through, I end up 5th overall.  Credit it to him he didnt say a word.  He was from kahzakestan though..................