You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

need help with golf

chefboy79chefboy79 Member Posts: 668
edited May 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
had a bet on the golf
whats the differance between outright and outright live?????????
i thought i had taken a price on the out right and there are two markets one for out right and out right live im so confused

Comments

• Options
    chefboy79chefboy79 Member Posts: 668
    edited May 2011
    GolfGolf LivePlayers ChampionshipOutright Live. 12/05/2011 13:00Ian Poulter @ 66/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 5 places.)
  • Options
    shazallinshazallin Member Posts: 558
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: need help with golf:
    Golf Golf Live Players Championship Outright Live. 12/05/2011 13:00 Ian Poulter @ 66/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 5 places.)
    Posted by chefboy79

I THINK it says outright live because the event had already started when you placed your bet, may be totally wrong there tho
  • Options
    SighKOSighKO Member Posts: 329
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: need help with golf:
    Golf Golf Live Players Championship Outright Live. 12/05/2011 13:00 Ian Poulter @ 66/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 5 places.)
    Posted by chefboy79

I think you must've placed your bet when there were 2 markets in play. Usually you place a bet before the event or during the event. The bookies have a market for each and when the golf (in your case ) actually starts they will introduce an inplay market, where the odds change literally everytime a player hits the ball. The Live markets have a time delay, usually 5-10 seconds, so they can verify the odds are bang upto date.

For us punters the 2 markets are the same thing basically, for some reason the bookies keep harping on about their live markets, presumably it must cost them alot of money and resourses to validate upto date live scores e.g American basketball, Australian swimming and numerous other things they want us to bet on. 

If anybody thinks this could be something entirely different then please correct me